Full Back Justin Griffith Visiting Green Bay Today (March 6)

smlutz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Link

Tuesday, March 6

The Miami Dolphins and LB Joey Porter have reached agreement on a five-year, $32.5 million deal that includes $20 million worth of guaranteed money.

Tennessee free-agent running back Chris Brown is scheduled to visit the Buffalo Bills on Wednesday.

Free-agent RB T.J. Duckett is in Detroit visiting with Lions. Duckett is scheduled to visit the New York Jets on Wednesday and the Seattle Seahawks on Thursday.

Free-agent fullback Justin Griffith will be visiting Green Bay today.

Free-agent tackle Luke Petitgout has reached agreement on a deal with Tampa Bay.

Considering the timing of Hendo's cut I don't think TT will lett Griffith out of Green Bay without a contract.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Full Back Justin Griffith Visiting Green Bay Today

I would be a great sign if it happens.

retiredgrampa

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re: Full Back Justin Griffith Visiting Green Bay Today

IMO also, this is a "Must do" deal. We can't be sure how much our OL will improve this year so a blocking FB who can also catch the ball is a no-brainer. TT may be forced to open his wallet even though FBs aren't traditionally highly paid. This guy would be worth it. Atlanta wasn't one of the best running teams by accident. They had the blocking. We need it badly. My ledgendary impatience with FA would be eased if TT got him inked. "Guaranteed money" is the linch-pin term this year. Jenkins was signed,IMO, because of the $6mil up-front. Give this FB the same $6mil and our blocking problems are solved back there. He'll make the job easier for any RB we may have to be satisfied with this year.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

rumor going around that Ted might be willing to make this guy the highest paid fb..

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score

come on TT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score

agreed...I'm a patient TT fan, but he's got to step up to the plate on this one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Knowing WHO to sign, when, and for how much is VERY important.
The FB position isn't a high profile area, but is VERY important. Hopefully this deal will get done.

tabojc03

Cheesehead
Reaction score

You would think if the Packers informed Henderson of his future relaese must mean we have some kind of agreement with Griffin before the visit

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score

You would think if the Packers informed Henderson of his future relaese must mean we have some kind of agreement with Griffin before the visit
Maybe they plan on resigning Henderson at a lesser price, as an insurance policy.
Of course i'm just guessing.

tabojc03

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I doubt it since Henderson was suppose to make the league minimum next year in base pay

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score

agreed...I'm a patient TT fan, but he's got to step up to the plate on this one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm patient too, got a little pissed at the Henry signing with denver, but this one is huge considering our backfield consists of...nobody

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score

musccy said:

I'm patient too, got a little pissed at the Henry signing with denver, but this one is huge considering our backfield consists of...nobody

Me too. I got pissed @ Denver, though. The Pack had a visit lined up, but the a-hole Broncos didn't let him leave!

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Are there any updates on whether or not he's left yet? If he's still visiting, I'd say that's good news, right?

tabojc03

Cheesehead
Reaction score

It's a little funny that when Griffith visited Tampa it was more news in the National media, yet when he visits Green Bay not much of a peep....I'm wondering if the Packers are alot more tight lipped about things than over organizations to the local and national media?

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score

It's a little funny that when Griffith visited Tampa it was more news in the National media, yet when he visits Green Bay not much of a peep....I'm wondering if the Packers are alot more tight lipped about things than over organizations to the local and national media?

Sometimes keeping a low profile can pay off better then banging a drum.
I'd rather have the happy surprise of finding out something is DONE, not just a rumor.

Lare

Cheesehead
Reaction score

pack_in_black said:
Me too. I got pissed @ Denver, though. The Pack had a visit lined up, but the a-hole Broncos didn't let him leave!

Does anybody else ever wonder why Green Bay is always way down on the list of when players visit teams? How come we never get someone in and not let them leave without a contract in hand?

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Man the day is coming to an end I hope TT got it done and he didnt leave without a contract!

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score

The Falcons are abandoning the zone blocking scheme this year, in which Griffith was a good fit, so maybe that's one reason he's become available. Thompson may also want to keep an eye out for any Falcon linemen who are let go on the grounds that they are too small for a conventional blocking scheme.

nathaniel

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I never thought I'd be excited about signing a fullback, but I like Griffith alot. He'd be a great fit, and hopefully TT gave him some good looking numbers.

Reaction score

rumor going around that Ted might be willing to make this guy the highest paid fb..

I don't think that one is quite accurate.

TT is one who isn't willing to overpay. I'd be down right shocked if it happened though (not the signing, but rather Griffith becoming highest paid FB).

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score

From the looks of things, JG is either staying the night @ Lambeau, or he is gone, hopefully with an offer on the table.

millertime

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Greg C. said:
The Falcons are abandoning the zone blocking scheme this year, in which Griffith was a good fit, so maybe that's one reason he's become available. Thompson may also want to keep an eye out for any Falcon linemen who are let go on the grounds that they are too small for a conventional blocking scheme.

Matt Lehr was released. I think he violated the substance abuse policy though. Maybe we could sign him to a minimum contract.

Members online

Latest posts