Fußball-Bundesliga

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Interesting statistics in the latest 11 Freunde issue.
That a Bayern Munich fan has to pay most for watching his team playing away isnt a surprise. BVB and Schei***04 on 2 and three but HSV on 4 and VfB Stuttgart on 7 surprises me but shows how popular these teams are despite of lacking success since decades.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Philadelphia Union ? Nice, finally you are beginning to like US Soccer Croak ? ;)
Is it this shirt ?
http://www.philadelphiaunionstore.c...roductCode=TT-AD7649A-BA#sthash.87D6DHam.dpbs
Or that ?
http://www.philadelphiaunionstore.c...oductCode=TT-AD7649A-SP4#sthash.1Xz0JNjD.dpbs
I especially like the American flag on the sleeve ! :tup:

It's the first one. I don't feel too bad about the logo any more since I saw what companies that corporation owns; they own some major companies in the U.S. like Sara Lee, Freihoffers, Ball Park Franks, Stroehman's Bakeries, Thomas' English Muffins, Earth Grains bakeries, Entenmann's bakeries and others.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Interesting statistics in the latest 11 Freunde issue.
That a Bayern Munich fan has to pay most for watching his team playing away isnt a surprise. BVB and Schei***04 on 2 and three but HSV on 4 and VfB Stuttgart on 7 surprises me but shows how popular these teams are despite of lacking success since decades.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Success does breed fans, but there are die hards like you Nessie who stick with their team through thick and thin. It's a territorial thing for some, I think. You're from Hamburg, so you cheer for the hometown team. My extended family is from Bavaria, so I cheer for Bayern, and I am from central PA so I cheer for the Union. Although, I should probably be a Nurnburg fan since my extended family is really from between Bayreuth and Munich.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's the first one. I don't feel too bad about the logo any more since I saw what companies that corporation owns; they own some major companies in the U.S. like Sara Lee, Freihoffers, Ball Park Franks, Stroehman's Bakeries, Thomas' English Muffins, Earth Grains bakeries, Entenmann's bakeries and others.
Nice shirt Croak, good choice ! Sara Lee is the only company that I know to be honest ;) I wouldnt feel bad about the logo too, I just mentioned it again because of the strange meaning it has over here as you know. ;)
Btw - Bayern arrived in Portland as I could see in the news on TV, Schweini, Muller & Co. are expected to arrive on Wednesday. Do they air the game against the MLS All Stars?

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
^Hoppenheim should be #4.
Why do you think so Bundesbiers ?
The tickets for teams that nobody wants to see are the cheapest, simply supply and demand ;)
I remember games where Hoffenheim only brought around 100 (!) fans with them, thats embarrassing. Volkswagen or Augsburg arent much better.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Nice shirt Croak, good choice ! Sara Lee is the only company that I know to be honest ;) I wouldnt feel bad about the logo too, I just mentioned it again because of the strange meaning it has over here as you know. ;)
Btw - Bayern arrived in Portland as I could see in the news on TV, Schweini, Muller & Co. are expected to arrive on Wednesday. Do they air the game against the MLS All Stars?

Yes, I think they will. I watched the one against Chivas. Chivas did not play like it was a "friendly".

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score

Well as we said, it has a funny meaning here too, referring to a really good looking dumb girl who is easy to go to bed with.

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
Why do you think so Bundesbiers ?
The tickets for teams that nobody wants to see are the cheapest, simply supply and demand ;)
I remember games where Hoffenheim only brought around 100 (!) fans with them, thats embarrassing. Volkswagen or Augsburg arent much better.

Any fan that supports The Hopp, needs to be charged double. :D

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score

The American Outlaws have viewing parties in the SW USA to watch this game. Definitely televised.

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
But Werder Bremen on No1 ? Come on. As long as they have this "chicken ******************" sponsor on their chest it remains one of the worst Bundesliga shirts ever.:p

haha. Wolfsburg was a little much on my eyes with the criss cross.

And Hoppenheim was terrible.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

But Werder Bremen on No1 ? Come on. As long as they have this "chicken ******************" sponsor on their chest it remains one of the worst Bundesliga shirts ever.:p

"Chicken ******************" ??? I`m hoping you mean they are battery farmers ?

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
"Chicken ******************" ??? I`m hoping you mean they are battery farmers ?
Yeah, thats exactly what I meant Bill.
Thats why I put it in quotation marks. Wiesenhof is well known as one of the worst companies with unbeareable conditions for their animals. I dont buy anything from Wiesenhof since years and I rarely eat chicken since I saw what they are doing there. So to me the comparision is only fair.
Thats why even Werder Bremen fans protested against them.

Last edited:
I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Yeah, thats exactly what I meant Bill.
Thats why I put it in quotation marks. Wiesenhof is well known as one of the worst companies with unbeareable conditions for their animals. I dont buy anything from Wiesenhof since years and I rarely eat chicken since I saw what they are doing there. So to me the comparision is only fair.
Thats why even Werder Bremen fans protested against them.

Thanks mate :tup:.

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
I am neither a Bayern fan nor a Bayern hater, but Pep Guardiola, you are a piece of shyte for not shaking hands after the game. You have sand in your "pink taco".

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
I am neither a Bayern fan nor a Bayern hater, but Pep Guardiola, you are a piece of shyte for not shaking hands after the game. You have sand in your "pink taco".

Yeah, I've never seen Pep act like that in the Bundesliga. I wonder what was going on. In any event, I don't agree with his behavior. He should have shook hands. But I wouldn't call him names just because it's his time of the month....

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Yeah, I've never seen Pep act like that in the Bundesliga. I wonder what was going on. In any event, I don't agree with his behavior. He should have shook hands. But I wouldn't call him names just because it's his time of the month....
Havent seen it but I wonder why Pep didnt shake hands after the game ? :cautious::tdown:

From what I've just read in several sources, Pep thought it was an exhibition game and had his players pulling up on their tackles and physicality. He didn't put the first squad in until there were 8 minutes left in the game. The US All Star team became very physical after they were down 1-0 and made some dangerous tackles, one which may have injured Schweinsteiger's ankle. Pep had only put Schweini, Muller, Lahm, and Goetze in for an appearance, not to have them play all out. So he apparently thought the U.S. coach should have pulled the guys who got too physical like Chivas did in the game before. But leave it to the U.S. to make a friendly, non-friendly. However, Pep still should have shaken hands and then discussed the inappropriate actions through the proper channels.

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
From what I've just read in several sources, Pep thought it was an exhibition game and had his players pulling up on their tackles and physicality. He didn't put the first squad in until there were 8 minutes left in the game. The US All Star team became very physical after they were down 1-0 and made some dangerous tackles, one which may have injured Schweinsteiger's ankle. Pep had only put Schweini, Muller, Lahm, and Goetze in for an appearance, not to have them play all out. So he apparently thought the U.S. coach should have pulled the guys who got too physical like Chivas did in the game before. But leave it to the U.S. to make a friendly, non-friendly. However, Pep still should have shaken hands and then discussed the inappropriate actions through the proper channels.

I didn't have any problems with the tackling. It's still football. But the bigger point here is that Bayern just opened a shop in New York to brand their name here in the USA, and this stunt by Pep only harmed efforts as a lot of Ami's are extremely put off his actions.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
I didn't have any problems with the tackling. It's still football. But the bigger point here is that Bayern just opened a shop in New York to brand their name here in the USA, and this stunt by Pep only harmed efforts as a lot of Ami's are extremely put off his actions.

Yeah, we Americans tend to think that everyone needs our money. Bayern can do quite well financially without an American brand. But can the MLS be very successful without European support? But again, I think Pep is human like everyone else and he should have greeted the other coach after the game. He didn't. He made a mistake. There are channels to discuss how "friendlies" will be played and snubbing the other coach really isn't the way to do it.

There is also the problem of the MLS All Star game mentality. This was an exhibition game for Bayern right after an important world cup and right before the beginning of a season. For the MLS, this game was the middle of the season and they wanted to show off MLS talent. They felt they had "something to prove" while Bayern was using this as a warm up for mostly new guys and second teamers and a chance to help boost American interest in soccer. Pep's actions didn't help boost that interest except through negative press and increased American isolationistic nationalism.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts