1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

Fußball-Bundesliga

Discussion in 'All Other Sports' started by PackerFan71, Jul 3, 2012.

1. mhnessie

mhnessie Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +715
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. PackerFan71

PackerFan71 This is the life.

Ratings:
    +932
    He did not have the best world cup in terms of performance, but for doing that he deserves praise. Proving that not all of them are ignorant morons, more players should take his example.

3. Croak

Croak Terminally twisted.

Ratings:
    +1,190
    AG - Aktiengesellschaft - (Corporation) As in the end of Bayern's official name.

4. mhnessie

mhnessie Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +715
    Thats the corporate form Croak, but the examples with FV, SV, TSV, FC etc dont say anything about the corporate form.
    Until a few years ago most clubs were a e.V. (I explained that), nowadays more and more football teams change to AG (plcs) or AG & Co. KGaA (joint stock company)

5. Croak

Ratings:
    +1,190
    Ahh, thanks. I didn't know that. I just noticed that the official Bayern name has the AG after it. Interesting German lessons Nessie. :tup: Now, I have trouble distinguishing how to pronounce the two similar sounding words "nach" and "noch". When I used one or the other, my German friends would look at me funny until they figured out what I meant to say. A little help here please?

6. mhnessie

mhnessie Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +715
    Totally different meanings.
    nach is a preposition Croak. Example: I'm driving to Hamburg - ich fahre nach Hamburg. Another example with temporal meaning: After dinner I'll watch the game on TV - Nach dem Abendessen werde ich das Spiel im Fernsehen sehen.
    Noch is a German particle word. Example: I havent seen him yet = Ich habe ihn noch nicht gesehen.
    Sounds complicated ? It is ;) Its German grammar :D
    Btw - I'll never understand when to use these and/or those....remains a mystery to me. ;)

Last edited: Jul 19, 2014
  7. Bundesbiers

Bundesbiers 1. FC Eintracht Bamberg

Ratings:
    +528

I can help you out with that.

These - meaning nearby or in your possession. I have "these" items for sale. "These" items are in your possession.

Those - Not in your possession, or far away. I would like to buy "those" items. Meaning, those items over there that are not in your possession.

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. mhnessie

mhnessie Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +715
    Hey thats a good and helpful explanation , thanks Bundesbiers ! :tup::)

• Like Like x 1
  9. PackerFan71

Ratings:
    +932
    :)
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 3
  10. mhnessie

mhnessie Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +715
    • Like Like x 1
  11. PackerFan71

Ratings:
    +932
    Complete random pic Hamburg? cool :) Typically German to be efficient and say it in one instead of thirteen. :tup::D
    Russian is a whole new level of difficult! yepp.
    Edit: i like - Handschuhschneeballwerfer

Last edited: Jul 20, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
  12. mhnessie

mhnessie Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +715
    We dont use this word to be honest. But Sitzpinkler (man who sits down to pee) is quite common ! :D

• Funny Funny x 2
  13. Sandolf

Sandolf Blue Moon Rising

Ratings:
    +284
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. Croak

Ratings:
    +1,190
    So Rummenigge is not happy the season is starting on time??? C'mon Karl, the loss of Kroos wasn't that big of a deal for a team that won the title early the past two seasons. Bayern can easily afford to rest a couple players and even take a few losses at the beginning of the season. What's he up to?

15. Bundesbiers

Ratings:
    +528
  16. Croak

Ratings:
    +1,190
    He's going to have his shot, I guess. But with the talent that Bayern already has at that position, it will be an uphill battle.

17. Croak

Ratings:
    +1,190
    I almost bought tickets to go see Bayern when they come to New Jersey (really New York City extended). But I remember when I went to see the USMNT vs Mannschaft, that a lot of the regular starters weren't there because they were resting from playoffs and preparing for the start of the Bundesliga season. So, in my mind, there is a good chance guys like Mueller, Schweini, Lahm and co. won't be on this short U.S. tour. I guess I'll take a pass on this game. It's not worth the hassle of transportation and parking and cost at the Red Bull Arena.

18. mhnessie

mhnessie Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +715
    You might be right Croak, I dont expect Schweinsteiger, Lahm and Co. to be back after only two weeks of holiday.

19. Croak

Ratings:
    +1,190
    Pep says Julian Green will remain on the first squad depending on what players might come in to the team. Is there a chance of truth to the Reuss rumor during silly season?

• Like Like x 1
  20. Bundesbiers

Ratings:
    +528

I guess that's why Julian hasn't even been in the lineup with the Bayern II squad. This will be interesting. The guy was in for what 5 minutes in the World Cup and he scores a goal. I hope that's a sign of great things to come from him.

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. Croak

Ratings:
    +1,190
  22. Croak

Ratings:
    +1,190
    It's official; the guys who saw a late run in the World Cup won't join the U.S. tour until it is in Portland. This from Bayern's web page; "Manuel Neuer, Philipp Lahm, Bastian Schweinteiger, Jérôme Boateng, Thomas Müller and Mario Götze - plus semi-finalists Arjen Robben and Dante will join the squad in the course of the five-day stay in Portland."

23. mhnessie

mhnessie Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +715
    Interesting article Croak, thanks for sharing.
    But I must say some things look different when you are living here ;)
    For example the low unemployment rate - the limited emplyment contracts have never been higher before. They are three times as much as 20 years ago. Same with the low-pay sector. Yes, they all have jobs but they cant feed their families and therefore get additional money from the employment agency. They do have a fulltime job but still dont earn enough money to make a living. To me something is wrong. :cautious:
    And this quote characterzises our chancellor Angie pretty good "check how the winds are blowing, go with the flow" :D
    On the other side I'd like to live in the US because sometimes Im sick of all the regulations we have here. But I'm pretty sure living in the US is completely different from travelling the US twice a year. ;)
    Seems like the grass is always greener on the other side ! :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. mhnessie

mhnessie Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +715
    Well, here are our new shirts. :rolleyes:

Can adidas please hire a couple new designers ? :cautious:

25. buggybill2003

buggybill2003 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,823