Fußball-Bundesliga

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
There's still the relegation playoff for Darmstadt.

---
That would be Dynamo Dresden as it stand right now.

I wanted a Red Bull vs Dresden playoff. 2 East German teams fighting for it would have been great.

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
Well I only understood about 10% of this although I'm sure I got the jist of it. This Bastian is a well-known figure in Germany?

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
Looks like this was a preview or the follow on.

Sandolf

Blue Moon Rising
Reaction score
This Bastian is a well-known figure in Germany?

He was a figure in some comedy show that was put together at one of my former employers... (nothing to do with me fortunately). I can't think of the name though. Anke Engelke and Ingolf Luck were in it too. Maybe Nessie remembers.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
He was a figure in some comedy show that was put together at one of my former employers... (nothing to do with me fortunately). I can't think of the name though. Anke Engelke and Ingolf Luck were in it too. Maybe Nessie remembers.
I guess you mean the "Sat1 Wochenshow" , Sandolf? ;)
Yeah, Bastian Pastewka is well known though his kind of humor is not my cup of tea...

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
Do you mean Aufstieg, Bundesbiers ? ;)
Yepp, one more win tomorrow and Köln will be back in the 1. Bundesliga....:tup:

Yep, I meant AUFSTEIG. haha... I'm working on the Deutsch still. Started Rosetta Stone on 1 April, and am doing 3 hours of study a day. Baby steps.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yep, I meant AUFSTEIG. haha... I'm working on the Deutsch still. Started Rosetta Stone on 1 April, and am doing 3 hours of study a day. Baby steps.
Wow, Rosetta Stone is quite expensive, isnt it ? Only heard good things about it but nothing is better than talking to and with native speakers ;)

Sandolf

Blue Moon Rising
Reaction score
I guess you mean the "Sat1 Wochenshow" , Sandolf? ;)
Yeah, Bastian Pastewka is well known though his kind of humor is not my cup of tea...

That's one nessie. German comedy is kind of an acquired taste. I used to like Dieter Haldervorden, Rudi Carrell... (even though he was really a Dutch guy doing his schtick in German). Hape Kerkeling's Radio Bremen show called Total Normal and his Horst Schlaemmer figure were kind of amusing too. Harald Schmidt was good in his day as well.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's one nessie. German comedy is kind of an acquired taste. I used to like Dieter Haldervorden, Rudi Carrell... (even though he was really a Dutch guy doing his schtick in German). Hape Kerkeling's Radio Bremen show called Total Normal and his Horst Schlaemmer figure were kind of amusing too. Harald Schmidt was good in his day as well.
Yeah, both very good sandolf, I grew up with them and their kind of humor.
Dieter Hallervorden is 78 now and still in business and runs a theatre in Berlin. My parents "meet" him from time to time in Tregastel, Brittany, where he owns a small castle.
Hape Kerkeling is great, do you remember the "Beatrix" appearance ? Legend !:D

Btw: VfB is out of the race and should be safe.
For HSV, Nuremberg and Braunschweig only the Relegation place is left, and thats the best possible case... :rolleyes:

Sandolf

Blue Moon Rising
Reaction score
Yeah, both very good sandolf, I grew up with them and their kind of humor.
Dieter Hallervorden is 78 now and still in business and runs a theatre in Berlin. My parents "meet" him from time to time in Tregastel, Brittany, where he owns a small castle.
Hape Kerkeling is great, do you remember the "Beatrix" appearance ? Legend !:D

Oops... I spelled Didi's name wrong. I do remember the Beatrix piece. Do you remember this one. :D

Btw: VfB is out of the race and should be safe.
For HSV, Nuremberg and Braunschweig only the Relegation place is left, and thats the best possible case... :rolleyes:

VfB looks good to survive. I don't think they are completely out of trouble yet.

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
Wow, Rosetta Stone is quite expensive, isnt it ? Only heard good things about it but nothing is better than talking to and with native speakers ;)

Money is no object in order to not sound like an idiot anymore. I've been to Germany 8 times now, and learning German was long overdue. Besides, I want to know if someone is talking sheisse about me. :D

Sandolf

Blue Moon Rising
Reaction score
Money is no object in order to not sound like an idiot anymore.

I recall this "Auf" und "Ab" piece in the old Sesamstraße. These verbs with the separating prefixes are kind of tricky... (as a lot of time the prefix goes at the end of the sentence).

Simple present... Wir steigen auf.

Past... Wir sind aufgestiegen. (note the i and e are reversed).

Future... Wir werden aufsteigen.

That's the funny part. They are all different.

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
I recall this "Auf" und "Ab" piece in the old Sesamstraße. These verbs with the separating prefixes are kind of tricky... (as a lot of time the prefix goes at the end of the sentence).

After 3 weeks of studying, I've learned that the quicker I can memorize the "articles" that go before or with the "noun", the better off I will be. I've been doing fairly well with the ein, eine, einer, einem and sein, seine, seiner, seinem but I have really been struggling with the zu, zur, zum. Zu, Zur and Zum are killing me.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oops... I spelled Didi's name wrong. I do remember the Beatrix piece. Do you remember this one. :D
Sure I remember this piece, even better than Beatrix. :roflmao:
No doubt - one of the best comedians and TV hosts on German TV !
Hape had a sabbattical some years ago and wrote a really nice book "Ich bin dann mal weg". Its worth reading !

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score

Great, German lessons for an American football fan by a Canadien football fan ! :D
Excellent explanation Sandolf ! :tup:
But English isnt easy as well.
One example - I will never really understand when to use "these" or "those".....terrible :x3::D

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
After 3 weeks of studying, I've learned that the quicker I can memorize the "articles" that go before or with the "noun", the better off I will be. I've been doing fairly well with the ein, eine, einer, einem and sein, seine, seiner, seinem but I have really been struggling with the zu, zur, zum. Zu, Zur and Zum are killing me.
Dont worry Bundesbiers, most Germans are struggling with it as well :D

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
A day for clinching AUFSTEIG has us sitting 0:1 at the half, losing to VFL Bochum. :cautious::mad:

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
Still 45 minutes to play Bundesbiers, be patient ;)
Köln will be promoted anyway, doesnt matter if they win or lose today.

Toooooooooor!!! 1:1

It would make me feel better if we clinched today. That might give me a better chance at a ticket on 4 Mai

--------------------------------------------------------------

Roten Karte on VFL Bochum. Penalty kick. 2:1 Koln. That should do it.

Last edited:

Sandolf

Blue Moon Rising
Reaction score
After 3 weeks of studying, I've learned that the quicker I can memorize the "articles" that go before or with the "noun", the better off I will be.

It is a very good idea to learn the nouns with the articles. Das Boot. Two little rules of thumb I can pass along. Most words derived from other languages are neutral. Most words that end in e are feminine. die Katze... (the cat). The most famous exception is der Kaese... (the cheese).

I've been doing fairly well with the ein, eine, einer, einem and sein, seine, seiner, seinem but I have really been struggling with the zu, zur, zum. Zu, Zur and Zum are killing me.

You need to be good at figuring out the nominative, accusative and dative cases.... (genitive can wait). Once you get that sorted out the rest of this will fall into place.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts