Fußball-Bundesliga

Sandolf

Blue Moon Rising
Reaction score
Very interesting book, Sandolf. :tup:
The view on the book cover is just a little bit up the street and just the opposite direction.

I used to get out at the Kochstr. U-bahn station and walk up there from the south. Those "ghost" stations on the U-bahn were really a scene unto themselves.

You probably know that Checkpoint Charlie is just a few steps away from Axel Springer Headquarter were I have been today.

The book mentioned a meeting in Berlin where Konrad Adenauer accused Axel Springer of such negativity as to drive the people's opinions back to the NSDAP. Needless to day that this did not go down well.

Btw - "Niemand hat die Absicht eine Mauer zu errichten" , I guess you could read about these famous words in your book (Walter Ulbricht) :D

Walter was a pretty cool customer in his own special way.

Sandolf

Blue Moon Rising
Reaction score
Yepp, the paradise where you had to wait more than 15 years for a car that was made of plastic :D

I think it was only eight years. :D

A friend of mine told this gag. Why was the Trabant named 601? Because six hundred people are waiting for it and only one guy gets it.

---
An interesting fact. Most of these cars had 600 cc (two stroke engines) that generated about 25 horsepower (ps). The exception was the Trabant 800 RS (rallye sport... hahahaha) which had a 770 cc engine and ran at 65 hp.

(a formula for the massive Autobahn inferiority complex... even the VW Beetles will blow the doors off you).

Last edited:

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think it was only eight years. :D

A friend of mine told this gag. Why was the Trabant named 601? Because six hundred people are waiting for it and only one guy gets it.

---
An interesting fact. Most of these cars had 600 cc (two stroke engines) that generated about 25 horsepower (ps). The exception was the Trabant 800 RS (rallye sport... hahahaha) which had a 770 cc engine and ran at 65 hp.

(a formula for the massive Autobahn inferiority complex... even the VW Beetles will blow the doors off you).

At home I've a two stroke engine too, its my lawn mower :D

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Do you guys think it's time to restructure the financing of the Bundesliga? I love Bayern and I love how they keep winning, but it gets boring after a while. Last year at least BVB kept me watching each week to see if they would catch up. What if the Bundesliga made some sort of profit sharing rule?

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Do you guys think it's time to restructure the financing of the Bundesliga? I love Bayern and I love how they keep winning, but it gets boring after a while. Last year at least BVB kept me watching each week to see if they would catch up. What if the Bundesliga made some sort of profit sharing rule?

Football like other sports as you know Croak comes in Cycles at the moment it would seem for now your team is slightly ahead of the pack here and there, but dont worry it wont be like that forever enjoy it while its good. Leagues the world over have either one or two dominant clubs thats just the way it is. As you know i cant stand your team but i think they are well run by football people with business and financial acumen. Its up to the competition to up their game and i would not have it any other way.

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
At home I've a two stroke engine too, its my lawn mower :D

You have one of those nessie? they are most exellent, a pain in the ar$e to get them going again though if you leave a bit petrol in the tank over the winter. :mad::roflmao:

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
This game leaves me speechless. :speechless:
Im on my way to become an alcoholic, dont have a better idea how to bear this :rolleyes::D

Last edited:

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
Too much Gloom and Doom in here. Let's have a little fun. In the photos.

1. Name the City this stadion is in

2. Name the game being played

3. Name of the stadion for this game

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Wow. This Schalke v. Leverkusen game is good and a dogfight.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Too much Gloom and Doom in here. Let's have a little fun. In the photos.

1. Name the City this stadion is in

2. Name the game being played

3. Name of the stadion for this game

Hmmm, not as easy as it seems.
I think you chose a German stadium because this is the Bundesliga thread, right ?

1 + 3: As we have only one indoor soccer stadium ( :rolleyes: )it must be the Veltins Arena Gelsenkirchen
2. I guess it should be an international game because of the sponsors like Hyundai, adidas, emirates, Sony and the Fifa flags that are presented. Germany against Japan ? :cautious:

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
Hmmm, not as easy as it seems.
I think you chose a German stadium because this is the Bundesliga thread, right ?

1 + 3: As we have only one indoor soccer stadium ( :rolleyes: )it must be the Veltins Arena Gelsenkirchen
2. I guess it should be an international game because of the sponsors like Hyundai, adidas, emirates, Sony and the Fifa flags that are presented. Germany against Japan ? :cautious:

I'll throw out some hints. (Thought you would have nailed 2 of the 3)

It is a current 1.Bundesliga stadion (not Veltins)

Year was 2011 (Somewhat important spectacle took place in Germany, which prompted my visit). Look at the blurry flag to the right of the japan banner.

The Haptbahnhof of this city.

Last edited:

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow, Commerzbank Arena, I've only been there once. But who is playing Japan ? I dont remember a German match against Japan in Frankfurt ? :confused:

Latest posts