Fußball-Bundesliga

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
Herr Sandolf.

I just had a short conversation with Cristian Nyari. He does weekly spots on XM FC (all soccer channel on XM radio) on the Bundesliga. Quite accomplished for as young as he seems. Anyway, he told me that FOX bought the rights to the Bundesliga game starting in the 15/16 season (GOLTV only got an extension for next year). Know anything about this? Does this mean that Fox "Sports" will air the games, or will Fox "Soccer" make a comeback with the great "Brendan and Sandolf" show?

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
Herr Nessie.

Could you please settle a small dispute? Who was bigger for Werder Bremen? Torsten Frings or Claudio Pizzaro?

Sandolf

Blue Moon Rising
Reaction score
Does this mean that Fox "Sports" will air the games, or will Fox "Soccer" make a comeback with the great "Brendan and Sandolf" show?

Fox Sports will likely air the games. Dunlop is sitting in ice hockey purgatory now and probably not liking it. My tenure working on soccer broadcasts... (or television of any kind)... is hopefully now over.

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
Fox Sports will likely air the games. Dunlop is sitting in ice hockey purgatory now and probably not liking it. My tenure working on soccer broadcasts... (or television of any kind)... is hopefully now over.

Honestly, that's a pity. I would imagine you'd make a great Bundesliga show (Although Croak would hate it :D).

And that sucks for Dunlop. He has great soccer talent.

Well I hope that Fox will take the direction CBS did, and outdo GOLTV. GOLTV was pretty good in their earlier days, and today they don't show as many games as they used to. Quite disappointing from a Bundesliga fan.

CBS has done some amazing things. I now get 6 "live" EPL games on Saturday morning. I can choose as opposed to getting 1 game on Saturday morning and streaming 1 or 2 other games I want to watch. I can dvr 5 games on Saturday morning and re-watch them all. That wasn't available before.

Sandolf

Blue Moon Rising
Reaction score
To be honest with you sir, I don't have a clue if these broadcasters really have a plan. My former employer owns a 35% stake in Toronto FC. A little farty highlight show is too expensive to produce, but they can kick out millions for Jermaine Defoe and Michael Bradley. It doesn't make much sense to me. So maybe the long term strategy is tied to the MLS in some mysterious fashion with the thinking a good local team will generate more interest in the sport.

Somewhere in their little brains they know that soccer has growth potential, but they are clueless as to how to tap into it. In the meantime they can show us more UFC fistfights and Celebrity Poker until they figure it out.

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
I'd say Pizarro because he was one of the best strikers ever in Werder history, but thats only my opinion.

Who is Cristian Nyari ? :cautious:

You don't know Cristian Nyari? He does a lot of Bundesliga coverage on XMFC and other soccer outlets. He's from New York although I can forgive him for that. :D

I've been listening to his spots on XMFC, and finally reached out to him to let him know he does a pretty good job and I was jealous it wasn't me. :p He told me that GOLTV only has 1 more year on their contract to cover the Bundesliga, then it goes to Fox.

And thanks for the FREE beer you just won for me. I was afraid you were going to say Frings solely because he is German, but I think Pizarro was better also.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
You don't know Cristian Nyari? He does a lot of Bundesliga coverage on XMFC and other soccer outlets. He's from New York although I can forgive him for that. :D

I've been listening to his spots on XMFC, and finally reached out to him to let him know he does a pretty good job and I was jealous it wasn't me. :p He told me that GOLTV only has 1 more year on their contract to cover the Bundesliga, then it goes to Fox.

And thanks for the FREE beer you just won for me. I was afraid you were going to say Frings solely because he is German, but I think Pizarro was better also.

Thats all what was needed to win a beer ? Perfect ! You are welcome :D

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
To me sounds like a dream job Sandolf, why wouldnt you like to work for a soccer show again ? :eek:

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
Mmmmmmmmmm. Smoked beer and smoked fish go well together.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Sandolf

Blue Moon Rising
Reaction score
Darmstadt win plus a Red Bull loss made my day a bit better.

Darmstadt did win. They are an interesting story. They were relegated and only stayed in the 3. Liga because another club had lost their license. For six weeks as the tribunal was hearing the appeal, Darmstadt did not know if they were preparing on a Regionalliga budget or 3. Liga. So they got a late start and look where they are now.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you think it cant get any worse.....:rolleyes:
I hope these fine beverages wil help me tonight...

Yes, alcohol can be a solution ! :cool::D
Luckily Stuttgart, Freiburg und Bremen lost too.
Hope dies last....

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not to mention Braunschweig. The situation at HSV is looking very serious.
Serious ? Its a catastrophy, Sandolf.
A lifeless team, the worst management in German professional football and quarelling club members. I have no idea what to do against this....

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
If you think it cant get any worse.....:rolleyes:
I hope these fine beverages wil help me tonight...

Yes, alcohol can be a solution ! :cool::D
Luckily Stuttgart, Freiburg und Bremen lost too.
Hope dies last....

I would love to try a Dithmarscher Pils.

Sandolf

Blue Moon Rising
Reaction score
Serious ? Its a catastrophy, Sandolf.
A lifeless team, the worst management in German professional football and quarelling club members. I have no idea what to do against this....

You don't want to become one of the "Fahrstuhlmannschaften" like Hertha, Bochum, 1.FC Koeln, or Kaiserslautern. Once that happens it is hard to reverse the trend. The 2. Bundesliga is very competitive much like the English Championship. Your neighbors from the "Kietz" down at the end of the Kielerstrasse will be waiting to greet you.

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
You don't want to become one of the "Fahrstuhlmannschaften" like Hertha, Bochum, 1.FC Koeln, or Kaiserslautern. Once that happens it is hard to reverse the trend. The 2. Bundesliga is very competitive much like the English Championship. Your neighbors from the "Kietz" down at the end of the Kielerstrasse will be waiting to greet you.

Your likely inclusion of 1.FC Koeln was just meant to irritate Bundesbiers.

Sandolf

Blue Moon Rising
Reaction score
Your likely inclusion of 1.FC Koeln was just meant to irritate Bundesbiers.

Fahrstuhl is a German term for elevator. In terms of soccer it is used to describe teams that go up and down between divisions regularly. You would have to admit that this applies very well to 1.FC Koeln.

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
Fahrstuhl is a German term for elevator. In terms of soccer it is used to describe teams that go up and down between divisions regularly. You would have to admit that this applies very well to 1.FC Koeln.

I knew what it meant, but you just had to include them didn't ya. Bastage.

Members online

Latest posts