Fußball-Bundesliga

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

No you would be surprized, i think Banks was a very good player, and Bobby Moore was a legend and a gent.

:eek: Wha ???:eek: Okay, in response to that, and in keeping with Entant Cordiale, Denis Law and my own personal favorite John Wark were two of the finest Scotsmen I ever watched playing football. Didn`t really like Danny McGrain as a player though. Tough players like Dave Mckay were hard but fair, McGrain was just dirty to me.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
He's before our time but i know the name, as a very good keeper in our local league had the nickname ''Yashin'' i dont think he played in all black though. :)
"Black Panther" was his nickname and though I've never watched him playing I've read his (short) biographie and that of Eusebio, Garrincha, Pele, di Stefano and many others in a football book that I got as a birthday gift when I was a little boy. I've read this book over and over again. Unfortunately I didnt keep it :(

I

It was a shame about Eusebio passing away. He was always a gentleman. I remember how humble and gifted he was in the 1966 world cup.......ooops, sorry Nessie, I never meant to bring that one up....lol :laugh: ;)

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
:eek: Wha ???:eek: Okay, in response to that, and in keeping with Entant Cordiale, Denis Law and my own personal favorite John Wark were two of the finest Scotsmen I ever watched playing football. Didn`t really like Danny McGrain as a player though. Tough players like Dave Mckay were hard but fair, McGrain was just dirty to me.

I liked Glenda Hoddle also a genius as a player, to good for England and im not joking. They didnt know how to use him right, he should have been French or German. Law was a great player and Kenny Dalglish was not bad either Dave Mackay was hard as nails the Souness of his era.

I

I liked Glenda Hoddle also a genius as a player, to good for England and im not joking. They didnt know how to use him right, he should have been French or German. Law was a great player and Kenny Dalglish was not bad either Dave Mackay was hard as nails the Souness of his era.

Did you ever see the photo of Mackay grabbing Billy Bremner ? Bremners expression was priceless...lol

Duncan Mckensie was an awesome player too. I agree about Hoddle.

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Did you ever see the photo of Mackay grabbing Billy Bremner ? Bremners expression was priceless...lol

Duncan Mckensie was an awesome player too. I agree about Hoddle.

Thats a famous picture, Bremners terrified look is brilliant.

I

Thats a famous picture, Bremners terrified look is brilliant.

Bremner was a horrible little runt of a man. At the airport we get Johnny Giles through quite often. He is always pleasant. He signed an autograph once for my then Step-son, who had badly broken his arm. About six months later when he came through, he came straight to me and asked me how he was. I never forgot that kindness. He always speaks or nod at me when he passes through security.

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Bremner was a horrible little runt of a man. At the airport we get Johnny Giles through quite often. He is always pleasant. He signed an autograph once for my then Step-son, who had badly broken his arm. About six months later when he came through, he came straight to me and asked me how he was. I never forgot that kindness. He always speaks or nod at me when he passes through security.

He had a bit of the Dennis Wise about him, Leeds fans loved him everyone else hated him.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
I

I

To be honest I can`t understand why a player being gay even makes the news these days. As long as he doesn`t run onto the pitch wearing high heel boots, and carrying a matching handbag, while wearing drop earrings, I dont think its actually big news. I may be wrong though but that is how I view it.

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
I fail to see the big deal in regard to footballers of any code being gay or anyone else for that matter, if thats the way they are then thats the way they are. The only thing that would bother me would be their ability or otherwise to play the game. Better to be tolerant.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
To be honest I can`t understand why a player being gay even makes the news these days. As long as he doesn`t run onto the pitch wearing high heel boots, and carrying a matching handbag, while wearing drop earrings, I dont think its actually big news. I may be wrong though but that is how I view it.

Basically I agree with you, Bill and PackerFan71.
In 2014 it shouldnt make the news anymore and it wouldnt be a big deal if most people would think the way we do.
But unfortunately its still not usual for football players to talk about it freely, especially when they are active players.
Therefore thumbs up to Mr. Hitzlsperger :tup:

And hey - its silly season, no interesting transfers happenend so far, at least something to discuss about ;)

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Today's lineup for Bayern's match; Aufstellung:
Starke - Weiser, Dante, Martínez, Contento - Lahm, Kroos - Shaqiri, Götze, Green - Ribéry

Members online

Latest posts