Fußball-Bundesliga

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
So stupid losing valuable players like that in such a way. The clubs should refuse to comply for friendlies its the only way........
Agree, but as we both know they simply cant refuse to send their players to offical matches because of Fifa rules. Its just ridiculous, who is paying the player even if he was injured in one of those useless friendlies ? Of course their club and not the National team.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
In related news, Ribery is out with broken ribs suffered in the international games. He won't be able to play against Dortmund.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
In related news, Ribery is out with broken ribs suffered in the international games. He won't be able to play against Dortmund.
Hummels and Schmelzer are injured too and wont play. Boateng was questionable but just read he will play.
Btw - Jerome Boateng has really stepped up and as you know Croak, I like this guy though he plays for Bayern ;)

Sandolf

Blue Moon Rising
Reaction score
Btw - Jerome Boateng has really stepped up and as you know Croak, I like this guy though he plays for Bayern ;)

Boateng is a guy from Man City's scrap pile. I am surprised he has done as well as he has.

---
Schoene Gruesse. Ich habe einige Zeit auch in Hamburg (Altona) gewohnt.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Boateng is a guy from Man City's scrap pile. I am surprised he has done as well as he has.

---
Schoene Gruesse. Ich habe einige Zeit auch in Hamburg (Altona) gewohnt.

Moin und viele Gruesse zurueck aus Hamburg, der schoensten Stadt der Welt ! ;)

I was really surprised that he didnt make it at City because I think he is even better than Vince Kompany who, like Boateng, also played at HSV Hamburg before moving to Manchester. And Kompany even is their captain today. :eek:
Jerome Boateng is highly gifted and he even can be a world class defender if he stays focused on the field and avoids his usual mistakes because of his lack of concentration.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score

I was really surprised that he didnt make it at City because I think he is even better than Vince Kompany who, like Boateng, also played at HSV Hamburg before moving to Manchester. And Kompany even is their captain today. :eek:
Jerome Boateng is highly gifted and he even can be a world class defender if he stays focused on the field and avoids his usual mistakes because of his lack of concentration.

I think he'd make a better midfielder than defender. He seems to like to play out of position. :mad:

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
I think he'd make a better midfielder than defender. He seems to like to play out of position. :mad:

Very much like Chelsea's Sideshow Bob, noted for his similarity to the cartoon character David Luiz.
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Sandolf

Blue Moon Rising
Reaction score

I don't agree as Kompany is a huge player for us. When he is injured things go totally off the rails.

---
Keine Frage. Hamburg ist schoen!

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't agree as Kompany is a huge player for us. When he is injured things go totally off the rails.

---
Keine Frage. Hamburg ist schoen!

He didnt convince me when he played for us but he obviously has improved Sandolf. ;)
Well, I should have known it before, Altona is St. P**** territory :rolleyes:
I really thought someone who has lived in Hamburg must be a nice guy until you posted this picture. :mad::D

Sandolf

Blue Moon Rising
Reaction score
No doubt about Kompany establishing himself as a world class footballer. Look at Belgium. They have been playing really well.

----
You know... a lot of vistors come away from Hamburg with a good impression of the Reeperbahn. :D

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Wow! That was a game. 3 - 0 doesn't really tell the story. Dortmund is really good even with their injury situation. I'll give credit to Boateng today. He made some goofs, but he also made some excellent plays.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Looks like Spurs miss him even more as they suffered a tidy little 6-0 thrashing at Man City. :D
Just watched the game highlights, awesome goal by Jesus Navas in the first minute :eek:
Looks like a hard time for AVB and his Spurs, next week they host ManU....

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Just watched the game highlights, awesome goal by Jesus Navas in the first minute :eek:
Looks like a hard time for AVB and his Spurs, next week they host ManU....

What i see going on at Tottenham is flashback territory for me, i think he's losing/lost the dressing room just as he did at Chelsea. :whistling:

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bought me the latest edition of 11 Freunde, some interesting stories this month.
Especially the story about Harry "Houdini" Redknapp is a nice read. :D
And with this issue came a little 2014 calendar with this nice memory, good old times ;)

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Bought me the latest edition of 11 Freunde, some interesting stories this month.
Especially the story about Harry "Houdini" Redknapp is a nice read. :D
And with this issue came a little 2014 calendar with this nice memory, good old times ;)

Remember watching the game deserved winners should also have won in 80 but for the great wall Shilton. 30 years ago Wow! :eek::cool:

Sandolf

Blue Moon Rising
Reaction score
Anybody remember this goal?

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anybody remember this goal?
Sure, a legendary goal by Jens Lehmann against Dortmund. ;)
Must have been in the late 90's or early 2000's ? As much as I remember he was the first goalie who scored from open play in the Bundesliga...
Some years later he played for Dortmund as well, something that doesnt happen very often because of their well known rivalry.

Sandolf

Blue Moon Rising
Reaction score
Correct mhnessie. I believe it was in 1995. By '98 he was off to AC Milan for only part of one season before returning to Dortmund which preceded his stay at Arsenal from 2003-2008.

Members online

Latest posts