Fußball-Bundesliga

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Easy one Croak Hoffenheim have no real history as a Football Club, they have a small fanbase and are only in the top Division because they are heavily financed by a rich individual/group. Take away the millions and they would be back where they belong.......in the lower divisions. Not a tradition Club at all, verging on fake. Nessie i think would agree.
I fully agree with you, PackerFan71. Its simply an artifical club with no history and they even tried to compensate their lack of history by using a new name. Formerly known as TSG Hoffenheim they suddenly called themselves 1899 (!) Hoffenheim. :rolleyes:
They only exist because Mr. Hopp, the co-founder of SAP, put his money into the club.
And to make it clear - teams like Hoffenheim or Volkswagen (VFL Wolfsburg) may win a Championship one day - but they will never ever be at eye level with Hamburg, Schalke or Gladbach for example.
This excerpt from Wikipedia might be interesting for you guys too, the "loudspeaker story" is still ridiculous :D

Criticism

Dietmar Hopp's financial support, which transformed Hoffenheim from a local amateur club into a competitive Bundesliga club, has been strongly criticized by other clubs, fans and some in the German press. The main points of criticism are the club's lack of "tradition" and a proper fan base as the club is a historically insignificant side from a village of just 3,300 inhabitants. The situation is akin to that of now-defunct Scottish side Gretna and German clubs VfL Wolfsburg and Bayer 04 Leverkusen, as both those teams also received large financial support by German companies. VfL Wolfsburg is wholly owned and supported by automobile manufacturer VW, Bayer 04 Leverkusen by pharmaceutical company Bayer. Despite this Leverkusen and Wolfsburg are nonetheless different from Hoffenheim because of their long history as football clubs founded by the factory workers themselves, and have been successful chiefly through their own merits rather than outside funding.

On 16 August 2011, the club released a statement regarding complaints of a loudspeaker that was strategically placed under away fans during a home game against Borussia Dortmund. The loudspeaker was designed to drown out the noise of the away fans cheers and chants during the game. It is reported that the speaker was placed by the groundskeeper and the club denies any involvement saying he acted alone. It is also reported that the loudspeaker was used during other games not just the home game against Borussia Dortmund.[1]

In a later statement the club admitted that the disruptive sound assembly has been used at least five times, although club officials claim to have no knowledge of these measures.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TSG_1899_Hoffenheim

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
''the club is a historically insignificant side from a village of just 3,300 inhabitants. The situation is akin to that of now-defunct Scottish side Gretna''

A very good comparison, Gretna reached the Premier League
and the Scottish Cup Final. They lost the Final and were Relegated the following season, the owner ran out of money and died shortly after. Gretna were then thrown out of the Scottish Leagues and now no longer exist. Hoffenheim beware.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
:cry: It looks like I'm not going to get to watch the game today. :cry: I have a long "honey do" list and she's here with me to make sure it gets done. :mad: But we have to get the house ready for the cold weather coming up...sigh.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
:cry: It looks like I'm not going to get to watch the game today. :cry: I have a long "honey do" list and she's here with me to make sure it gets done. :mad: But we have to get the house ready for the cold weather coming up...sigh.
Its only against Augsburg today Croak, it will be an easy win for Bayern and you wont miss anything important. ;)

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
So far she hasn't started working on things, so I got to see the first half! :tup:
Dont move, keep quiet and maybe you have chance to watch the second half as well. :)
And its still early morning across the pond, isnt it ? Enough time to do all the work after the game....:cool:
I've done most of the work around the house and especially in the garden last saturday morning and sunday. Winter can come..... ;)

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Dont move, keep quiet and maybe you have chance to watch the second half as well. :)
And its still early morning across the pond, isnt it ? Enough time to do all the work after the game....:cool:
I've done most of the work around the house and especially in the garden last saturday morning and sunday. Winter can come..... ;)

My wife loves me. She let me watch the whole thing with no hassle. I guess when you've been married 34 years, you learn to be patient with your spouse. :inlove: Oh, and BTW;

Welche Münch'ner Fußballmannschaft kennt man auf der ganzen Welt?
Wie heißt dieser Klub, der hier zu Lande die Rekorde hält?
Wer hat schon gewonnen, was es jemals zu gewinnen gab?
Wer bringt seit Jahrzehnten unsere Bundesliga voll auf Trab?
FC Bayern, Stern des Südens, du wirst niemals untergeh'n,
weil wir in guten wie in schlechten Zeiten zueinander steh'n,
FC Bayern, Deutscher Meister, ja, so heißt er mein Verein,
Ja, so war es und so ist es und so wird es immer sein! :tup:

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
My wife loves me. She let me watch the whole thing with no hassle. I guess when you've been married 34 years, you learn to be patient with your spouse. :inlove: Oh, and BTW;

Welche Münch'ner Fußballmannschaft kennt man auf der ganzen Welt?
Wie heißt dieser Klub, der hier zu Lande die Rekorde hält?
Wer hat schon gewonnen, was es jemals zu gewinnen gab?
Wer bringt seit Jahrzehnten unsere Bundesliga voll auf Trab?
FC Bayern, Stern des Südens, du wirst niemals untergeh'n,
weil wir in guten wie in schlechten Zeiten zueinander steh'n,
FC Bayern, Deutscher Meister, ja, so heißt er mein Verein,
Ja, so war es und so ist es und so wird es immer sein!
:tup:

1860?
HSV?
Chelsea
Stuttgart
Rosen sind im Frühjahr schön
Wie Fans aller Clubs
Ich bevorzuge die Tennis
Dass Schottland ist die beste! :tup:

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
I noticed a size difference between the Bayern players and the Augsburg players. Either Augsburg has a bunch of little guys or Bayern has giants. Boateng, Dante and Kirchoff towered over those poor Augsburg players.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Btw - when talking about a record that lastet more than 30 years - a few weeks ago I brought this back home with me after visiting my parents.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

I used to drink my hot chocolate or milk from this Championship mug when I was a little boy.
Yes, we were the team to beat those days, hard to imagine nowadays, I know....:(
Anyway, hope dies last ! :D

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Btw - when talking about a record that lastet more than 30 years - a few weeks ago I brought this back home with me after visiting my parents.

I used to drink my hot chocolate or milk from this Championship mug when I was a little boy.
Yes, we were the team to beat those days, hard to imagine nowadays, I know....:(
Anyway, hope dies last ! :D

Real collectors items there nessie, for display purposes only now right? :cautious::D i have a Scotland Espana 1982 mug (same era) i'm amazed its survived. :laugh:

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Real collectors items there nessie, for display purposes only now right? :cautious::D i have a Scotland Espana 1982 mug (same era) i'm amazed its survived. :laugh:
Yepp.....not in use anymore, I prefer other drinks nowadays, especially when it comes to football :D
A Espana 82 Scotland mug ? Nice ! Is there Naranjita on it ? ;)

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Yepp.....not in use anymore, I prefer other drinks nowadays, especially when it comes to football :D
A Espana 82 Scotland mug ? Nice ! Is there Naranjita on it ? ;)

Yepp here's the little Orange in all his glory. :D

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
I still have a set of Packers beer glasses from the 1960s. Does that count in this contest??
No, only football/soccer related items count.:p I guess most of the Americans didnt even know that there is another football played on this planet those days ;)
But to be serious - 60's sounds pretty cool, how about posting a picture Croak ?! :)

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
No, only football/soccer related items count.:p I guess most of the Americans didnt even know that there is another football played on this planet those days ;)
But to be serious - 60's sounds pretty cool, how about posting a picture Croak ?! :)

I'm not real tech savvy but I'll see what I can do.

In other news, I just read that Reus has a release clause in his contract and other teams are looking at him. First Goetze, then Lewandoski, and now Reus. What's going on in Dortmund?

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score

In other news, I just read that Reus has a release clause in his contract and other teams are looking at him. First Goetze, then Lewandoski, and now Reus. What's going on in Dortmund?

After losing at home to Arsenal they cant stand the embarrassment, so they have to leave. :D

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score

I think a release clause has become pretty usual nowadays and sometimes teams have to accept this because otherwise the player signs with another team.
The release clause fee for Reus is 35m Euros, I guess no need to worry for Dortmund in case Reus wants to leave one day.
But as much as I know they are already negotiating with Reus to remove this clause from his contract. Looks like a big payday for Reus if he agrees ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts