Fußball-Bundesliga

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Scharner really dumped on Hamburg. He said they have no philosophy and they didn't give him a chance. Why can't guys like that just settle their differences in private and leave it at that? It kind of reminds me of Jennings and Driver's remarks about Rodgers. (Not to mention "he who shall not be named".)

Bayern has so many injuries at midfield right now, we'll see if all the hoopla about their depth will bear out. That's footy. You never know when injuries are going to slow you down. They are kind of an equalizer when teams like Bayern who spent tons of money on talent have to bench the talent. This should make things exciting.

Scharner is an a**h*** but I must admit he's right.
Indeed there is no philosophy because we dont have the right management do develop plans and structures for a more successful future.
Yesterday former players and the former chairman of the supervisory board unveiled their plans to outsource the HSV professional football divison and restructure the whole HSV organization.
Here is a video and website, you wont understand much but just to show you that they are serious about it.
http://www.hsvplus.de/die-ziele-der-initiative/wie-soll-struktur-aussehen-ausgliederung/
There is a huge discussion going on between traditionalists who dont want this and the other part of club members who support a change.
Next annual meeting will be in January and it might be the most important meeting in our club history. I will vote for this concept.

If there is a team that can replace starters with players of the same quality, its Bayern ;)

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Scharner is an a**h*** but I must admit he's right.
Indeed there is no philosophy because we dont have the right management do develop plans and structures for a more successful future.
Yesterday former players and the former chairman of the supervisory board unveiled their plans to outsource the HSV professional football divison and restructure the whole HSV organization.
Here is a video and website, you wont understand much but just to show you that they are serious about it.
http://www.hsvplus.de/die-ziele-der-initiative/wie-soll-struktur-aussehen-ausgliederung/
There is a huge discussion going on between traditionalists who dont want this and the other part of club members who support a change.
Next annual meeting will be in January and it might be the most important meeting in our club history. I will vote for this concept.

If there is a team that can replace starters with players of the same quality, its Bayern ;)

Nice video didn't understand the German it a whole lot but the graphics made kind of sense of it.
Seems a bit odd to want to outsource/separate the Football club from the organization, you would have thought it should be at the center of it. In terms of football im 9/10 a traditionalist providing the tradition is not getting in the way of progress and development. Or maybe as an outsider i don't get it.
From your description nessie, HSV seems like a ship without a rudder at the moment.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nice video didn't understand the German it a whole lot but the graphics made kind of sense of it.
Seems a bit odd to want to outsource/separate the Football club from the organization, you would have thought it should be at the center of it. In terms of football im 9/10 a traditionalist providing the tradition is not getting in the way of progress and development. Or maybe as an outsider i don't get it.
From your description nessie, HSV seems like a ship without a rudder at the moment.

Professional football is in the center of the club, PackerFan71. Its the most important divison.
But beside the professional football players there are 34 other, non professional sport divisions like chess, swimming, Rugby and so on.
In case there are debts, caused by professional football, that cant be paid anymore the other divisons and all club members are financialy liable for it as well.
In other words, the whole club would be bankrupt and destroyed.
So seperating professional football protects the club from risks of modern, professional football.
But one of the main reasons is that a new structure would allow to bring in strategic partners, like Audi at Bayern for example.
Something that isnt possible now because of the legal form of the club. Its called "Eingetragener Verein" (e.V./registered society) and is strictly a non profit organization, "obligated to serve the common good"
Bringing in strategic partners is the most discussed topic because people are afraid that this is only the first step to circumstances nobody wants to have, like in the EPL.
In fact this concept allows only shares up to 24,9 % of the "HSV Professional Football plc", the majority of shares will still be hold by HSV e.V.
And as long as this is guaranteed I dont have a problem with a more modern structure that hopefully also brings in a more modern and professional management as well.
Yes, we need a rudder for the HSV ship soon, but it doesnt help if you dont have a steersman as well. At the moment we have the worst management in the league and I'm quite optimistic that this could change because with new structure a new management had to be brought in ;)

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Professional football is in the center of the club, PackerFan71. Its the most important divison.
But beside the professional football players there are 34 other, non professional sport divisions like chess, swimming, Rugby and so on.
In case there are debts, caused by professional football, that cant be paid anymore the other divisons and all club members are financialy liable for it as well.
In other words, the whole club would be bankrupt and destroyed.
So seperating professional football protects the club from risks of modern, professional football.
But one of the main reasons is that a new structure would allow to bring in strategic partners, like Audi at Bayern for example.
Something that isnt possible now because of the legal form of the club. Its called "Eingetragener Verein" (e.V./registered society) and is strictly a non profit organization, "obligated to serve the common good"
Bringing in strategic partners is the most discussed topic because people are afraid that this is only the first step to circumstances nobody wants to have, like in the EPL.
In fact this concept allows only shares up to 24,9 % of the "HSV Professional Football plc", the majority of shares will still be hold by HSV e.V.
And as long as this is guaranteed I dont have a problem with a more modern structure that hopefully also brings in a more modern and professional management as well.
Yes, we need a rudder for the HSV ship soon, but it doesnt help if you dont have a steersman as well. At the moment we have the worst management in the league and I'm quite optimistic that this could change because with new structure a new management had to be brought in ;)

Yeah thats what i figured,very complex but they need to do something. Restructuring needs to happen just to make them competitive again. There's ways and means with financial partners it does not have to be like the EPL. I can see what they are trying to do to protect the other sports interests. I must say though from an outsiders point of view its unusual to see a Football club if you will attached to other sports under the same name. But hey thats the way it is. :)

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah thats what i figured,very complex but they need to do something. Restructuring needs to happen just to make them competitive again. There's ways and means with financial partners it does not have to be like the EPL. I can see what they are trying to do to protect the other sports interests. I must say though from an outsiders point of view its unusual to see a Football club if you will attached to other sports under the same name. But hey thats the way it is. :)
I know, unusual in other countries but quite common here.
HSV is the 5th largest sports club in Germany with over 70.000 club members and there is a reason why our name is "Hamburger Sport Verein (Club)" and not "...Fussball Verein"
But in fact HSV is mostly known for his professional football team and like me most members dont care for other HSV sports teams to be honest, maybe except the HSV Hamburg Blue Devils ;)
As you can see, democracy isnt always easy, even in sport clubs. :rolleyes::D

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
HSV is the 5th largest sports club in Germany with over 70.000 club members and there is a reason why our name is "Hamburger Sport Verein (Club)" and not "...Fussball Verein"
But in fact HSV is mostly known for his professional football team and like me most members dont care for other HSV sports teams to be honest, maybe except the HSV Hamburg Blue Devils ;)

Well you learn something new every day i didn't know the meaning of the SV part at all. I take it that it will always be SV instead of FV because of tradition even if their is some kind of separation.
Democracy who'd have it? Rangers before they went out of existence probly. :rolleyes: One man shows don't always work that's my only concern post Abramovich...........

What Bale earns.
http://whatbaleearns.co.uk/

Last edited:

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well you learn something new every day i didn't know the meaning of the SV part at all. I take it that it will always be SV instead of FV because of tradition even if their is some kind of separation.
Democracy who'd have it? Rangers before they went out of existence probly. :rolleyes: One man shows don't always work that's my only concern post Abramovich...........

What Bale earns.
http://whatbaleearns.co.uk/

Thats funny, thanks for sharing ! :D

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score

This is actually part of the reason why I admire the Bundesliga so much. The idea of a club instead of a big fat cat owner really brings the game back to the populace. In fact that's part of the reason why I've loved the Packers for so many years. There are quite a few things I saw in Germany that the U.S. would do well to imitate. It seems Germans tend to value the "collective" consciousness a lot more than the U.S. where folks have mostly a me first consciousness. I think the Packers also try to keep that kind of collective experience in Green Bay which is rare in the U.S.

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
This is actually part of the reason why I admire the Bundesliga so much. The idea of a club instead of a big fat cat owner really brings the game back to the populace. In fact that's part of the reason why I've loved the Packers for so many years. There are quite a few things I saw in Germany that the U.S. would do well to imitate. It seems Germans tend to value the "collective" consciousness a lot more than the U.S. where folks have mostly a me first consciousness. I think the Packers also try to keep that kind of collective experience in Green Bay which is rare in the U.S.

You have a point there, there seems to be more of a common good aspect in Germany instead of the class divisions in the UK at least and the Me, me, me, i, i, i, thing. Its a good value to have if all the political crap is removed, and i think the ''collective'' ideal where the workers and bosses work together is one of the reasons Germany has done so well.

Last edited:

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score

Perhaps a cultural thing that can be found in politics, social life and sports...?!
Just think of our social insurance system where the solidarity principle is the key principle.
Or in sports - the Bundesliga TV deal is another example, there are no individual TV contracts.

The Packers are quite similar to this so thats one of the reasons why the Packers are my favourite team !
Community owned, non-profit organisation...thats unique, thats special, thats why I love them ;)

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
I'm psyched to see what happens tomorrow with Bayern and Hannover96. That vaunted depth at Midfield has been seriously challenged by injuries. Now we get to see what this team is really made of.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Berlin has nobody to blame but themselves in that match against Stuttgart. They were sloppy with the ball, but still produced plenty of opportunities for themselves and just couldn't finish.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bayern wont have bigger problems with Hannover, will be a 2 or 3-0 for Bayern.
But I must admit that I'm a little afraid of HSV playing at Dortmund. I dont expect anything, a draw would be outstanding......

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Bayern wont have bigger problems with Hannover, will be a 2 or 3-0 for Bayern.
But I must admit that I'm a little afraid of HSV playing at Dortmund. I dont expect anything, a draw would be outstanding......

You called it. Now I'm hoping for much bigger things from HSV! ;)

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hamburg...Hamburg....Hamburg...Couldn't you have helped us out just a little??? :speechless:
Im speechless Croak although I expected a result like this. Since Fink took over as our manager results like 0-5, 1-5, 2-9 or 2-6 have become pretty normal :rolleyes:
Fink raus ! :mad:;)

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Im speechless Croak although I expected a result like this. Since Fink took over as our manager results like 0-5, 1-5, 2-9 or 2-6 have become pretty normal :rolleyes:
Fink raus ! :mad:;)

Nah no way thats unacceptable, 6-2 even though the side they were playing could quite easily have won the champions league this year. A result like that means they never even made it difficult for them. Herr Fink must go. :cautious:

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Funny picture! ;)
Still some hope left that the last Bundesliga Dino wont die out.
We have to get rid of Mr. Fink as soon as possible.
As I told you guys before, no progression made since he took over, things are even getting worse.
Btw - listening to the Packers game while driving to Myrtle Beach. At least the Packers will win their game :)

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Funny picture! ;)
Still some hope left that the last Bundesliga Dino wont die out.
We have to get rid of Mr. Fink as soon as possible.
As I told you guys before, no progression made since he took over, things are even getting worse.
Btw - listening to the Packers game while driving to Myrtle Beach. At least the Packers will win their game :)

Looking good against the Redskins 0-24
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Edit:
Look whats out soon, i'm going to get it but ill wait until the New Year.
http://www.fmscout.com/a-download-football-manager-2014.html

Last edited: