Fußball-Bundesliga

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Yepp, exactly ! :tup:
And "The game lasts for 90 minutes" or "If you don't know where to pass the ball, just put it in the goal." are other, quite famous quotes by him :)

You too ? :eek::D
My wife just rolls her eyes at me because I always love to read and watch nearly everything about WWI and WWII.
There is a very good German history magazine called Geo Epoche that I am buying regularly,
topics are changing monthly.
No wonder that History was my favourite subject at school ;)

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

The JFK autopsy report :eek: ? Thats weird and doesnt sould like an exciting book, perhaps perfect to fall asleep when you have Insomnia :D

I'd really like to know what for he was wearing a bra ? Btw - just found this:
http://en.rocketnews24.com/2013/07/...-be-on-the-rise-in-japan-make-guys-feel-safe/ :roflmao:
To each his own....:confused: :speechless:

Just learned - only "Fine Tuning" left :eek:
I hope this year we wont be stopped in the first round of the DFB Cup as usually ;)
http://www.hsv.de/en/season/meldungen/bundesliga/july-2013/focus-on-jena-only-fine-tuning-left/

Yeah i know that one also, i like ''The ball is round'' meaning it can change direction any second or you can put it where you like.

Yep History was my fave subject also in school, but i failed it miserably because it was taught so badly - useless teacher. I had relatives that fought in both conflicts and i'm very interested in the subject on an academic level. Womenfolk have chocolate, shopping, shoes and chickflix but we still have the better deal. ;)

The JFK autopsy report sounds totally dry and ever so slightly morbid as a subject, but i think Sir Alec is a fact fiend and likes the small details. Hes like a Mastermind contestant on subjects he's interested in.

Ha indeed to each their own. :D

Or perhaps even a new Car in Finks case. :)

Btw when is the Concert?
Funny Tweet of the Day :''Just went past 3 young girls walking down Buchanan Street all singing This is the life. It made me smile. They didn't even notice me :)'' - Amy MacDonald

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah i know that one also, i like ''The ball is round'' meaning it can change direction any second or you can put it where you like.

Yep History was my fave subject also in school, but i failed it miserably because it was taught so badly - useless teacher. I had relatives that fought in both conflicts and i'm very interested in the subject on an academic level. Womenfolk have chocolate, shopping, shoes and chickflix but we still have the better deal. ;)

The JFK autopsy report sounds totally dry and ever so slightly morbid as a subject, but i think Sir Alec is a fact fiend and likes the small details. Hes like a Mastermind contestant on subjects he's interested in.

Ha indeed to each their own. :D

Or perhaps even a new Car in Finks case. :)

Btw when is the Concert?
Funny Tweet of the Day :''Just went past 3 young girls walking down Buchanan Street all singing This is the life. It made me smile. They didn't even notice me :)'' - Amy MacDonald

Its a shame and shows how important it is to have good and motivated teachers.:rolleyes:
Did you already read the ****** biography by Kershaw ? I havent so far but I've seen many positive reviews so Im thinking about to buy me a copy.

At the moment Im somehow focused on American history.
Just read a book about US history and another issue of "Geo Epoche" about the American Civil War.

Before that I read the Mao biography by Jung Chang and Jon Halliday
I can only recommend this book though its sometimes complicated to keep the overview because of all the Chinese names.
Ah, and if you would like to learn about a real lunatic - get you a Stalin biography ! ;)

Ha, nice tweet, maybe I should follow her on twitter just to see if she will tweet when in Hamburg. :)
She will be in Hamburg on Wednesday 21st. I hope weather will be fine because its an open air concert.

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Its a shame and shows how important it is to have good and motivated teachers.:rolleyes:
Did you already read the ****** biography by Kershaw ? I havent so far but I've seen many positive reviews so Im thinking about to buy me a copy.

At the moment Im somehow focused on American history.
Just read a book about US history and another issue of "Geo Epoche" about the American Civil War.

Before that I read the Mao biography by Jung Chang and Jon Halliday
I can only recommend this book though its sometimes complicated to keep the overview because of all the Chinese names.
Ah, and if you would like to learn about a real lunatic - get you a Stalin biography ! ;)

Ha, nice tweet, maybe I should follow her on twitter just to see if she will tweet when in Hamburg. :)
She will be in Hamburg on Wednesday 21st. I hope weather will be fine because its an open air concert.

I can only speak of the ones i had most of them were appalling, picking up their wage packets and doing the bare minimum. Thank god for further Education!

Yeah i have seen it i think, a really big book the cover put me of a picture of the madman on it. Ill look it up though. I have read ''The Third *****'' A new History by Michael Burleigh a good book, which goes into the mechanics of the subject in detail.

Cool im interested in Civil war material also. :tup:

Im not so much into the Communist Dictators, as a result i know so little about Mao.
Your right Stalin killed more people than ****** did, and he was on the side of the Allies! Another complete and utter madman.

Yep she tweets on nearly all her concerts. :)

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Yep thats the guy!

Hes calmed down a good bit, more relaxed with the media id say. But when the pressure is on don't be surpized if he starts to crank it up a little with the mindgames, as long as Chelsea make a good attempt at the league im happy. As well as making a decent fist of it in the Champions League.

The Ball is round, something like that? cool quotes saw them first on Lola Rennt. ;)

Me too i like mostly sports biographies, and WWI and WWII. Although i didnt agree with alot of his policies as a domestic politician, Churchill was the right man at the right time. I also read other historical books that take my interest. Did you know Sir Alec is a huge reader, amongst his bedside books have been things such as the JFK autopsy report. I kid you not :eek::)

OMG real men wear sports bras!, :roflmao: thats not even a vest. Totally embarrassing if he only knew..........................

What`s with the sports bra ????? :eek:

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Are you guys signing up for a NFL Game Pass subscription this season ?
Im thinking about it but its still very pricey.
Its 155 Euros for Germany, Preseason and Regular Season only. :confused: :rolleyes:
How much is it in UK ?

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Its 155 Euros for Germany, Preseason and Regular Season only. :confused: :rolleyes:
How much is it in UK ?

Id like it but its not really practical at the moment, but if you can id go for it.
The cheapest one i could find was £89.99

I

Id like it but its not really practical at the moment, but if you can id go for it.
The cheapest one i could find was £89.99
I had it last year for a birthday present. I've just renewed for £129.99. Expensive but for a whole season and play off well worth it

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
I had it last year for a birthday present. I've just renewed for £129.99. Expensive but for a whole season and play off well worth it

Fair enough, if i didn't already have a TV license to pay id consider it, but for that money for only 4 months...................

I

Fair enough, if i didn't already have a TV license to pay id consider it, but for that money for only 4 months...................
Oh I totally agree. It was only because I didn't know what I wanted for my birthday, the wife offered to pay it for me. It was that or sky for the four months. At least this way I get to see ALL the Packer games for certain.

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Oh I totally agree. It was only because I didn't know what I wanted for my birthday, the wife offered to pay it for me. It was that or sky for the four months. At least this way I get to see ALL the Packer games for certain.

In that case your excused, :) to hell with giving anything to Murdoch. :mad:

I

In that case your excused, :) to hell with giving anything to Murdoch. :mad:
Well I figured we might get televised maybe three, four, or if I were lucky five times, but this way I see all 16 season games AND the post season. I don't smoke, I don't drink too much so I may as well get some enjoyment. The wife said no more prostitutes either....pmsl

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Well I figured we might get televised maybe three, four, or if I were lucky five times, but this way I see all 16 season games AND the post season. I don't smoke, I don't drink too much so I may as well get some enjoyment. The wife said no more prostitutes either....pmsl

This thread would go seriously downhill if i continued the conversation. :roflmao:

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
This thread would go seriously downhill if i continued the conversation. :roflmao:
Just feel free to do so, guys.
Its getting interesting :D
So as much as I understood Bill had to change his leisure activities to get the Game Pass, right ? ;)
BTW - just signed the Regular Season Subscription and saved some money by doing it with a UK IP. I wonder why Germans always have to pay the highest prices ? :rolleyes::mad:

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
I 'm still getting used to Pep's system. Last year I took comfort in watching Bayern lay back and methodically build up a play. This system is so fast and unceasing that it unsettles me.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
How much is it in UK ?

Way too expensive, even in the U.S. The NFL is NOT for the working class. It's only for the monied class. They don't care about the middle class fans. Just look at the replacement referee situation.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
I 'm still getting used to Pep's system. Last year I took comfort in watching Bayern lay back and methodically build up a play. This system is so fast and unceasing that it unsettles me.

Looks like Pep brought the short-passing, ball possession orientied game with him from Barca.
But Im not sure if he has the right players at Bayern for this system.....?

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Way too expensive, even in the U.S. The NFL is NOT for the working class. It's only for the monied class. They don't care about the middle class fans. Just look at the replacement referee situation.

Totally Agree, but its the only possibility for me to watch all Packers games. :(
But at least I saved 30 Euros now because I found a way to book it via UK.
What would be the cheapest way to watch Packers games on TV in the US?

Edit: News about your Bavarian president, Croak ;)
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/07/31/sports/soccer/bayern-chief-is-charged-in-tax-fraud.html

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Totally Agree, but its the only possibility for me to watch all Packers games. :(
But at least I saved 30 Euros now because I found a way to book it via UK.
What would be the cheapest way to watch Packers games on TV in the US?

Edit: News about your Bavarian president, Croak ;)
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/07/31/sports/soccer/bayern-chief-is-charged-in-tax-fraud.html

Changing your IP to a UK one ? would not know how to do that. Anyway cool you managed to save some money by doing so. :tup: And here was me thinking it was always us that payed the rip off prices all the time. ;)

Croak is that because last years system brought all the silverware? sometimes change is for the better. The short passing game is king in my book. The Scots invented it, but we have forgotten how to now. ;) Sounds as though he's trying to implement the Barca method, not such a bad thing even though i hated them they played good stuff and most importantly they were winners.

Skill beating brute force.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wembley_Wizards

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Changing your IP to a UK one ? would not know how to do that. Anyway cool you managed to save some money by doing so. :tup: And here was me thinking it was always us that payed the rip off prices all the time. ;)

The Scots invented it, but we have forgotten how to now. ;) Sounds as though he's trying to implement the Barca method, not such a bad thing even though i hated them they played good stuff and most importantly they were winners.

Pretty easy, PackerFan71.
I'm using a VPN Service, some are free, for some you have to pay.
For example:
http://www.hotspotshield.com/
I do use HideMyA** and I pay for it because they offer many countries that I can use for an IP change and that saves me money though I'm paying for it.
Cheaper price when signing a Game Pass Subscription is one example, booking a rental car with Hertz is another possibility. Twice a year, when Im travelling, I am renting my car via UK or Ireland. Compared to Germany always saves me roundabout 100 to 150 Euros every time.
Or I can watch all the videos on youtube that are usually blocked when they identify my German IP because of the lawsuit between Youtube and the German Music Companies and rightholders.

The Scots invented it ? :eek: ;)
Anyway - I didnt know anything about this great 5-1 win at Wembley :tup:
Good old times :D

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Pretty easy, PackerFan71.
I'm using a VPN Service, some are free, for some you have to pay.
For example:
http://www.hotspotshield.com/
I do use HideMyA** and I pay for it because they offer many countries that I can use for an IP change and that saves me money though I'm paying for it.
Cheaper price when signing a Game Pass Subscription is one example, booking a rental car with Hertz is another possibility. Twice a year, when Im travelling, I am renting my car via UK or Ireland. Compared to Germany always saves me roundabout 100 to 150 Euros every time.
Or I can watch all the videos on youtube that are usually blocked when they identify my German IP because of the lawsuit between Youtube and the German Music Companies and rightholders.

The Scots invented it ? :eek: ;)
Anyway - I didnt know anything about this great 5-1 win at Wembley :tup:
Good old times :D

Cool, there's a way round everything. :tup:

It sounds like a ridiculous boast today, but back then it was a different world altogether football was in its infancy. Scottish players were small but very skillful and fast but inconsistent at least one thing has stayed the same, ;) whats the best way to take advantage of this and of a bigger slower opponent? pass, move pass move.

Mention that game to loud england fans is usually enough to make them quiet.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score

Croak is that because last years system brought all the silverware? sometimes change is for the better. The short passing game is king in my book. The Scots invented it, but we have forgotten how to now. ;) Sounds as though he's trying to implement the Barca method, not such a bad thing even though i hated them they played good stuff and most importantly they were winners.

It's not so much the silverware. I preferred the careful ball control and defense where they waited for the opponent to open up a weak spot, then they would exploit it. Ribery and Mueller both say this new way is a lot better. Ribery seems to be featured in this system. But they seem to turn the ball over so much with this way.

Bayern plays Man City today; I wonder who you will cheer for? :whistling:

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
It's not so much the silverware. I preferred the careful ball control and defense where they waited for the opponent to open up a weak spot, then they would exploit it. Ribery and Mueller both say this new way is a lot better. Ribery seems to be featured in this system. But they seem to turn the ball over so much with this way.

Bayern plays Man City today; I wonder who you will cheer for? :whistling:

Thats the risk you take with a more expansive and expressive game.

Do they? mmmmm thats a toughie considering i like both sooo much. :x3:

Members online