Fußball-Bundesliga

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
What a combination, long hair and a pink shirt, back in the day he would have got booted from the club for that. Thats pretty sick getting paid that kind of money for sitting on his rear end.

BTW remember the Ross County fans with the shoes? i know what they were doing now. Apparently its ''Shoes off if you hate........................'' insert team/player. :laugh:
Aaaaah......thats great ! :roflmao:
And as I said before - British fans are more inventive and creative than we are ! :tup:

Btw - they just said that it looks like as if the impossible is possible - Uli Hoeness can get out of his tax evasion case with a suspended sentence. They found a loophole....:rolleyes:;)

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Aaaaah......thats great ! :roflmao:
And as I said before - British fans are more inventive and creative than we are ! :tup:

Btw - they just said that it looks like as if the impossible is possible - Uli Hoeness can get out of his tax evasion case with a suspended sentence. They found a loophole....:rolleyes:;)

Low flying Hoeness Tax retun Spotted. :)
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

There goes another!

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Low flying Hoeness Tax retun Spotted. :)

There goes another!

That news is really disturbing to me even though I'm a Bayern fan. If it was you or me or some other normal working class person, they'd throw the book at us. But these big shots get away with a slap on the wrist. It happens here in the U.S. all the time. If you have the right connections with the right people all you have to do is call in a favor or two and you are above the law. :speechless:

In other FCB news Thiago Alcantara just signed from Barca. I don't intend this as a racial slur. It's not. But it strikes me odd that a team claiming to be the football club of Bayern Munich would be so Spanish. Am I even going to recognize this team this year?

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
That news is really disturbing to me even though I'm a Bayern fan. If it was you or me or some other normal working class person, they'd throw the book at us. But these big shots get away with a slap on the wrist. It happens here in the U.S. all the time. If you have the right connections with the right people all you have to do is call in a favor or two and you are above the law. :speechless:

In other FCB news Thiago Alcantara just signed from Barca. I don't intend this as a racial slur. It's not. But it strikes me odd that a team claiming to be the football club of Bayern Munich would be so Spanish. Am I even going to recognize this team this year?

I would not feel any different if it was an individual at Chelsea that had done the same, its people like him that should be made an example of. He should be given a jail sentence and stripped of an capacity at the football club.

I would not call it a racial slur, but if you import alot of players there is the possibility any club will lose its identity somewhat. Clever coaches know this and always keep a core of first team home grown talent.

CFC's lineup v Benfica
1-Petr Cech, - Czech
28-Cesar Azpilicueta,-Spanish
4-David Luiz, - Brazillian
2-Branislav Ivanovic, - Serbian
3-Ashley Cole, - English
7-Ramires,- Brazillian
8-Frank Lampard, - English
13-Victor Moses, - English
10-Juan Mata, -Spanish
11-Oscar,- Brazillian
9-Fernando Torres, - Spanish

Sub 24-Gary Cahill, - English

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score

Agree, its the same all over the world, doesnt matter if you live in the US or somewhere in Europe. :rolleyes:

Yepp, signed him for "only" 25 m Euros, lots of money for a player who warmed the bench at Barca. :eek:
But I'm not surprised that Pep prefers signing Spanish players because they do fit best to his tactical system.
They now have Robben, Ribery, Martinez, Schweinsteiger, Kroos, Muller and Gotze fighting for a place in the Starting Line-Up, arguably the best midfield in Europe.
I smell trouble because not all of them will get enough playing time...

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would not feel any different if it was an individual at Chelsea that had done the same, its people like him that should be made an example of. He should be given a jail sentence and stripped of an capacity at the football club.

I would not call it a racial slur, but if you import alot of players there is the possibility any club will lose its identity somewhat. Clever coaches know this and always keep a core of first team home grown talent.

CFC's lineup v Benfica
1-Petr Cech, - Czech
28-Cesar Azpilicueta,-Spanish
4-David Luiz, - Brazillian
2-Branislav Ivanovic, - Serbian
3-Ashley Cole, - English
7-Ramires,- Brazillian
8-Frank Lampard, - English
13-Victor Moses, - English
10-Juan Mata, -Spanish
11-Oscar,- Brazillian
9-Fernando Torres, - Spanish

Sub 24-Gary Cahill, - English

Just to compare - at the Championsleague Final Bayern had 5 - and Dortmund 7 German players in the Starting lineup !
Fortunately we have a development in the German Bundesliga where many clubs try to sign German players/talents first. Thats not only good for the identification with your team, it also helps the National Team to improve and to be competitive.
But I guess nowadays most teams wont have more than 4 or 5 domestic players in their lineup and because of the laws in Europe you cant limit the places for European players anymore. :confused:

Btw - huge story in German media these days....:rolleyes::D

http://www.spiegel.de/international...r-uefa-euro-football-tournament-a-910814.html

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Just to compare - at the Championsleague Final Bayern had 5 - and Dortmund 7 German players in the Starting lineup !
Fortunately we have a development in the German Bundesliga where many clubs try to sign German players/talents first. Thats not only good for the identification with your team, it also helps the National Team to improve and to be competitive.
But I guess nowadays most teams wont have more than 4 or 5 domestic players in their lineup and because of the laws in Europe you cant limit the places for European players anymore. :confused:

Btw - huge story in German media these days....:rolleyes::D

http://www.spiegel.de/international...r-uefa-euro-football-tournament-a-910814.html

Seven that many ? that pretty good by todays standards.
Can you imagine the chaos if for example a two foreigner rule was introduced? that would really level things out. :eek:;)
EU rules would however forbid that i think, although im surpized they havent re introduced something like it. Spain Italy and Germany would have constant European Champions.
Clubs should always have their national sides interests as a matter of concern, but most in the UK don't care at all.

Its hard to know whether sometimes they are trying to be ironic or its geuinely sexist with things like that. Ive seen so much of it, im almost now like whatever........................:rolleyes:

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Seven that many ? that pretty good by todays standards.
Can you imagine the chaos if for example a two foreigner rule was introduced? that would really level things out. :eek:;)
EU rules would however forbid that i think, although im surpized they havent re introduced something like it. Spain Italy and Germany would have constant European Champions.
Clubs should always have their national sides interests as a matter of concern, but most in the UK don't care at all.

Its hard to know whether sometimes they are trying to be ironic or its geuinely sexist with things like that. Ive seen so much of it, im almost now like whatever........................:rolleyes:

OMG, I guess they would need to close down most leagues in Europe :D

Hmmm, I assume your are right, EU laws allow a free choice of employment and free choice where you want to live for all EU citizens.
But GB wants to leave the EU anyway, so maybe the Premier League can try out a two foreigner rule or something similar soon ;)

I think they tried to be ironic and its ridiculous that media and feminists made a huge story out of this. There must be more important issues in our country than this b***sh** :rolleyes:

Edit: Just have a look at this shirt of a team from a forbidden city, 100 km south of Hamburg.
http://www.sportsdirect.com/nike-werder-bremen-home-shirt-2013-2014-377437
Wow, thats really cra*, colour, team, sponsor, design - just awful ! A perfect fit to Werder !

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
OMG, I guess they would need to close down most leagues in Europe :D

Hmmm, I assume your are right, EU laws allow a free choice of employment and free choice where you want to live for all EU citizens.
But GB wants to leave the EU anyway, so maybe the Premier League can try out a two foreigner rule or something similar soon ;)

I think they tried to be ironic and its ridiculous that media and feminists made a huge story out of this. There must be more important issues in our country than this b***sh** :rolleyes:

Edit: Just have a look at this shirt of a team from a forbidden city, 100 km south of Hamburg.
http://www.sportsdirect.com/nike-werder-bremen-home-shirt-2013-2014-377437
Wow, thats really cra*, colour, team, sponsor, design - just awful ! A perfect fit to Werder !

Well a certain party in a certain part of the UK may want this but that does not really represent Scotland. ;) But as long as we are part of current political set up here we will have no choice in the matter. :rolleyes: Enuff of politics lets get back to the important stuff. :)

Yeah thats what it looks like, normally i would not have batted a eyelid at that maybe had a little chuckle about it but nothing more. You can tell its the summer slow news months. :)

What shirts worse that or the brown one of your even closer neighbours? :laugh:

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well a certain party in a certain part of the UK may want this but that does not really represent Scotland. ;) But as long as we are part of current political set up here we will have no choice in the matter. :rolleyes: Enuff of politics lets get back to the important stuff. :)

Yeah thats what it looks like, normally i would not have batted a eyelid at that maybe had a little chuckle about it but nothing more. You can tell its the summer slow news months. :)

What shirts worse that or the brown one of your even closer neighbours? :laugh:

To be honest - the green shirt is by far the worst I've seen since years.
Especially because of the combination of colour, design and their sponsor (!).
Wiesenhof is a huge poultry farming company, well known for their scandals because of contaminated meat and disgusting conditions at their farms.
I dont buy any products of them anymore and there were even protests among fans of Werder against them when they announced Wiesenhof would be their new sponsor.
Who wants to wear a shirt with "Wiesenhof" on it ?:eek:
But hey - they got what they deserved :sneaky:

Apropos - St.P****
Friday afternoon I heard lots of noises on the street right under my window at the office.
Looked out of the window and saw a large group of Besitkas Ultras walking by, accompanied by police. :eek:
They had a friendly against St.P**** and their stadium is only 1,5 m away from where my office is.
Really surprised that there was such a large group although it only has been a friendly match.
Not bad, kind of impressive our Turkish "friends" ! ;)

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
To be honest - the green shirt is by far the worst I've seen since years.
Especially because of the combination of colour, design and their sponsor (!).
Wiesenhof is a huge poultry farming company, well known for their scandals because of contaminated meat and disgusting conditions at their farms.
I dont buy any products of them anymore and there were even protests among fans of Werder against them when they announced Wiesenhof would be their new sponsor.
Who wants to wear a shirt with "Wiesenhof" on it ?:eek:
But hey - they got what they deserved :sneaky:

Apropos - St.P****
Friday afternoon I heard lots of noises on the street right under my window at the office.
Looked out of the window and saw a large group of Besitkas Ultras walking by, accompanied by police. :eek:
They had a friendly against St.P**** and their stadium is only 1,5 m away from where my office is.
Really surprised that there was such a large group although it only has been a friendly match.
Not bad, kind of impressive our Turkish "friends" ! ;)

Ahh i get it, a bad product perfect for a team you dislike! :D

I'm not surprized to hear it, they are very passionate about their teams in Turkey but sometimes a bit OTT.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Well, it's gonna be a lean year for me, footy wise. My wife and I have a goal of living on a totally cash basis by the end of 6 months; no debt. So I cancelled our cable TV subscription for the time being. A friend who is an IT at a local High School told me he will help me get set up to watch some Bundesliga games on my computer. I feel like I'm going through drug withdrawal, but it will be worth it.

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Well, it's gonna be a lean year for me, footy wise. My wife and I have a goal of living on a totally cash basis by the end of 6 months; no debt. So I cancelled our cable TV subscription for the time being. A friend who is an IT at a local High School told me he will help me get set up to watch some Bundesliga games on my computer. I feel like I'm going through drug withdrawal, but it will be worth it.

Needs must, you will get used to to it but it will take a while. Id also like a tv package or even a Gamepass, but at the moment such things are more than luxuries. We are spoiled these days over here, not so sure about the States. Too much Football on TV games are not so much events as they were in the past.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
I cross my fingers, Croak ! ;) Thats a goal thats worth to give up a few things that you like.
And hopefully 6 months are over soon.
The first game and the first game of the second half of the season are always aired on Free-TV.
All you need to watch the games is a VPN/Proxy to give you a German IP.
With a German IP you should also be able to watch our "Sportschau" with match reports of every game.
And there are some sources in the web who provide livestreams (China!), I guess your friend can help you to find
them ;)

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
They just released our new team photo :eek:;)

Btw - 2. Bundesliga starts tomorrow, very early, 3 weeks ahead of the Bundesliga.
Just read Blatter still wants to move the World Cup 2022 to winter. As a result of this Bundesliga would have to change the schedule of the season.
They assume that they will change to a March to November schedule. :confused: Not sure if I like the idea.
On the one hand I just dont like change for no specific reason, just want to keep it as it as, but on the other hand they would play during summer. That guarantees better weather and better conditions
The summer vacations in Germany could be another argument against this schedule because it likely would affect the number of visitors.
Lets see what happens....

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
They just released our new team photo :eek:;)

Btw - 2. Bundesliga starts tomorrow, very early, 3 weeks ahead of the Bundesliga.
Just read Blatter still wants to move the World Cup 2022 to winter. As a result of this Bundesliga would have to change the schedule of the season.
They assume that they will change to a March to November schedule. :confused: Not sure if I like the idea.
On the one hand I just dont like change for no specific reason, just want to keep it as it as, but on the other hand they would play during summer. That guarantees better weather and better conditions
The summer vacations in Germany could be another argument against this schedule because it likely would affect the number of visitors.
Lets see what happens....

Wheres Kenny? ;)

Clueless, greedy, hapless, inept FIFA and UEFA are a joke reacting to situations instead of being in charge of them. I cant put into words my dislike for them. Delighted to see this.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-23288211

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wheres Kenny? ;)

Clueless, greedy, hapless, inept FIFA and UEFA are a joke reacting to situations instead of being in charge of them. I cant put into words my dislike for them. Delighted to see this.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-23288211

Signed by St. P**** :rolleyes::D

Yepp ! :tup:
In Germany this is backed by our "Interstate Broadcasting Treaty "
(I had to look this up, difficult term, even in German :D ).
Or in other words - its our law that the World Cup has to be broadcasted on Free TV.
Bad luck, Fifa :p :barefoot:

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Signed by St. P**** :rolleyes::D

Yepp ! :tup:
In Germany this is backed by our "Interstate Broadcasting Treaty "
(I had to look this up, difficult term, even in German :D ).
Or in other words - its our law that the World Cup has to be broadcasted on Free TV.
Bad luck, Fifa :p :barefoot:

Ahh hes toast! :roflmao:

Yeah fantastic news. :tup:

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Interesting website by DW about 50 years of German Bundesliga, in English ;)
http://www.dw.de/top-stories/bundesliga-history/s-8174

Lots of interesting stuff about Hamburg and all other teams, interesting video about the 60's with our local hero Uwe Seeler :)
And of course Wembley '66 is mentioned too :D

Thanks for that nessie i could watch stuff like that translated in english all day long. :) Hrubesch was a beast, he's no singer though! a little bit older obviously but hes aged well. :tup: Interesting both he and another prolific striker from the next generation Larsson, both played handball.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks for that nessie i could watch stuff like that translated in english all day long. :) Hrubesch was a beast, he's no singer though! a little bit older obviously but hes aged well. :tup: Interesting both he and another prolific striker from the next generation Larsson, both played handball.

Oh yeah, Horst Hrubesch was my hero when I was a little boy and luckily he didnt try to sing :D

Always wanted to be like him although my headers werent that good ;)
But like him I always wanted to wear the shirt with the number 9 on it when playing with my youth team and I cried bitterly when he had to leave Hamburg. :D
Nowadays he is wellknown for his outstanding work with young players, he recently was appointed as the new manager of our U21 team.

Henrik Larsson played handball as well ? Didnt know that. Some guys are really gifted with talent.

Just read in a German (American) Football magazine that Donald Driver was a very good high jumper and might have qualified for the Olympic games if he hadnt decide to become a professional football player.:eek:

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Oh yeah, Horst Hrubesch was my hero when I was a little boy and luckily he didnt try to sing :D

Always wanted to be like him although my headers werent that good ;)
But like him I always wanted to wear the shirt with the number 9 on it when playing with my youth team and I cried bitterly when he had to leave Hamburg. :D
Nowadays he is wellknown for his outstanding work with young players, he recently was appointed as the new manager of our U21 team.

Henrik Larsson played handball as well ? Didnt know that. Some guys are really gifted with talent.

Just read in a German (American) Football magazine that Donald Driver was a very good high jumper and might have qualified for the Olympic games if he hadnt decide to become a professional football player.:eek:

I didn't see him play much as kid for obvious reasons, other than European games or the World Cup. But he looked like a Paratrooper, you would not mess with him strong and aggressive in the air. I can see why playing handball would be a serious advantage considering the amount of space you get playing football. Cool that hes passing on his knowledge to the U21s. :tup:

I'm not surprised to hear that, similar skill-set he would have been a contender.

Sad news an absolute gentleman and legend.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23375452

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
I didn't see him play much as kid for obvious reasons, other than European games or the World Cup. But he looked like a Paratrooper, you would not mess with him strong and aggressive in the air. I can see why playing handball would be a serious advantage considering the amount of space you get playing football. Cool that hes passing on his knowledge to the U21s. :tup:

I'm not surprised to hear that, similar skill-set he would have been a contender.

Sad news an absolute gentleman and legend.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23375452

He is a legend !
I heard of him and his story of playing with a broken neck for the first time when I was a little boy.
But his real life time-achievement was the reconciliation between Germany and UK.
I posted an impressive quote by him in the ELP thread. I think he loved England as much as Germany !
RIP.

Members online

Latest posts