Fußball-Bundesliga

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
He is only 26 yo, there should be room for improvement and no doubt he is the better football player compared to Mr. T. ;)
Btw - just watching Uruguay against Italy, 2-2 at the moment. Two nice freekick goals.
But not a good game so far....

Yep no comparison in terms of skill between the two, Luiz can actually play.

Didn't show it here not that i'm bothered, knew the Italians would win. Any game they play that they can help it is nearly always very boring. Hopefully they show the final later on looking forward to it.

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Btw - when talking about German culinary highlights - today is the 100 th birthday of Herta Heuwer :eek:
She is the inventor of the German Currywurst. Even google celebrates her birthday.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Currywurst :D

Seems that there is more to good German food than we realise over here. Never knew of Currywurst but read up about it. YUMMM! i figured there had to be some kind of Brit involvement in its making. ;)

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Seems that there is more to good German food than we realise over here. Never knew of Currywurst but read up about it. YUMMM! i figured there had to be some kind of Brit involvement in its making. ;)
Indeed, I love Worcestershiresauce ! :tup:
There is no doubt that this is the most popular (fast) food dish in Germany, even McDonalds is selling Currywurst from time to time ;)
And the brats McDonalds need to make Currywurst out of it is delivered by Uli Hoeness sausage factory ! :eek: :)

Thats the new away shirt:

Hmmm, I dont know what to make of this :confused:

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Indeed, I love Worcestershiresauce ! :tup:
There is no doubt that this is the most popular (fast) food dish in Germany, even McDonalds is selling Currywurst from time to time ;)
And the brats McDonalds need to make Currywurst out of it is delivered by Uli Hoeness sausage factory ! :eek: :)

Thats the new away shirt:

Hmmm, I dont know what to make of this :confused:

You cant beat a bit of fast food! :tup:

I think it looks fine. :) i have a Chelsea baseball cap with that colour of stripe i like it. Speaking of caps here's my latest import could not resist. :cool:

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
You cant beat a bit of fast food! :tup:

I think it looks fine. :) i have a Chelsea baseball cap with that colour of stripe i like it. Speaking of caps here's my latest import could not resist. :cool:

Thats a nice cap ! :tup: Are you wearing the cap from time to time ? Ever met another Packer Backer in Scotland while wearing a cap or shirt ? :)

Guess where I will have a pint on Thursday evening. :)

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Thats a nice cap ! :tup: Are you wearing the cap from time to time ? Ever met another Packer Backer in Scotland while wearing a cap or shirt ? :)

Guess where I will have a pint on Thursday evening. :)

Yep i wear it almost daily, :tup: fellow Packers are a bit thin on the ground where i am (a bit out in the sticks.) So i suppose that explains it, i see the occasional Whiner or Aint's gloryhunter types but that's it really. :rolleyes:

Hope the weather clears up a bit for your visit. :cool:
There are alot of pubs on Rose St i remember, its directly behind Princes St. Groups of people used to do pub crawls from one end to the other, and write in chalk on the pavement outside eg, Falkirk Rugby Club Made it to here. :D

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yep i wear it almost daily, :tup: fellow Packers are a bit thin on the ground where i am (a bit out in the sticks.) So i suppose that explains it, i see the occasional Whiner or Aint's gloryhunter types but that's it really. :rolleyes:

Hope the weather clears up a bit for your visit. :cool:
There are alot of pubs on Rose St i remember, its directly behind Princes St. Groups of people used to do pub crawls from one end to the other, and write in chalk on the pavement outside eg, Falkirk Rugby Club Made it to here. :D
Same here.
Once or twice a year I visit a "HSV Hamburg Blue Devils" game, there you can meet other football fans. But I've never seen another person with Packers cap or shirt, but Cowboys, Bears or Broncos seem to be quite popular.

Looks like weather is getting better and as long as its not raining I'm fine with it.:tup:
Definitely will check the pubs on Rose St., but I assume it can be crowdy, especially on Saturday night ;)
Lot of things to do and see - I will visit the Royal Mile, walk up on top of Arthurs Seat, take a picture of Calton Hill, do some shopping (Adidas Scotland National Team gear if available) and surely will enjoy fish and chips :cool:

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Same here.
Once or twice a year I visit a "HSV Hamburg Blue Devils" game, there you can meet other football fans. But I've never seen another person with Packers cap or shirt, but Cowboys, Bears or Broncos seem to be quite popular.

Looks like weather is getting better and as long as its not raining I'm fine with it.:tup:
Definitely will check the pubs on Rose St., but I assume it can be crowdy, especially on Saturday night ;)
Lot of things to do and see - I will visit the Royal Mile, walk up on top of Arthurs Seat, take a picture of Calton Hill, do some shopping (Adidas Scotland National Team gear if available) and surely will enjoy fish and chips :cool:

Its always been like that, we can add Giants, Pats Dolphins and no doubt the Sea Chickens to the list for the fickle glory hunter types to follow. If only they knew.............. :rolleyes::D

Looking out the window up north where i am its overcast and raining, but down on the east coast you should be ok dry anyway. :tup:
There is so much to see, but the good thing about it unlike London its all in a small area. And the weird looking Scottish Parliament if that floats your boat nah, don't bother with that! check out Tynecastle and Easter Road instead. :)

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Luiz not coming to Bayern. Sammer says they are not looking for any new players unless someone gets hurt. I think that's a good thing, because it seems the agent for every player in Europe thinks Bayern wants their guy. Sammer put it right out in the open. Disregard the rumors, we're set.

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Luiz not coming to Bayern. Sammer says they are not looking for any new players unless someone gets hurt. I think that's a good thing, because it seems the agent for every player in Europe thinks Bayern wants their guy. Sammer put it right out in the open. Disregard the rumors, we're set.

Im still not 100% convinced with Luiz inspite of his good showing at the Confed Cup, i think if he was moved on southern europe is where he would go Barca or Real.

I dont know why they didnt make Sammer coach in the first place. :confused:

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Its always been like that, we can add Giants, Pats Dolphins and no doubt the Sea Chickens to the list for the fickle glory hunter types to follow. If only they knew.............. :rolleyes::D

Looking out the window up north where i am its overcast and raining, but down on the east coast you should be ok dry anyway. :tup:
There is so much to see, but the good thing about it unlike London its all in a small area. And the weird looking Scottish Parliament if that floats your boat nah, don't bother with that! check out Tynecastle and Easter Road instead. :)

Hmmm, indeed controversial architecture, just have seen some pictures :eek:
Tynecastle and Easter Road are must-sees on my list :tup::)
I hope the stores will be open although its off-season.....

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Im still not 100% convinced with Luiz inspite of his good showing at the Confed Cup, i think if he was moved on southern europe is where he would go Barca or Real.

I dont know why they didnt make Sammer coach in the first place. :confused:

Im not sure but as much as I know he simply didnt want to work as a coach again after he managed Borussia Dortmund and VfB Stuttgart.
But thats nearly 8 years ago now.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agree, but I still believe Gomez will leave Bayern.

Hamburg signed Djourou from Arsenal:
http://www.hsv.de/en/season/meldungen/bundesliga/june-2013/djourou-hsv-a-perfect-fit/
And - best news today - Santa Cruz is not coming to Hamburg ! Puuuuuh..... :tup:

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Hmmm, indeed controversial architecture, just have seen some pictures :eek:
Tynecastle and Easter Road are must-sees on my list :tup::)
I hope the stores will be open although its off-season.....

Crazy money spent on it, terrible design. but worse of all fill of hot air. :)

You should be able to get some Hibs goodies no probs, not so sure about Hearts they were shedding a lot of staff because of administration. If it takes your fancy you might be able to pick up last seasons Hearts shirt at a discount, i liked it but the sponsor ruined it.:rolleyes:

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Crazy money spent on it, terrible design. but worse of all fill of hot air. :)

You should be able to get some Hibs goodies no probs, not so sure about Hearts they were shedding a lot of staff because of administration. If it takes your fancy you might be able to pick up last seasons Hearts shirt at a discount, i liked it but the sponsor ruined it.:rolleyes:
I will keep you updated here, I dont travel anywhere without my iPad ;)
Found out that Stadium Tours at Tynecastle are offered Thursdays and Fridays, hmmmm....so much to do and see...:rolleyes:

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just arrived, excited to be in Edinburgh.
Had my first pint and bought me a can of Irn Bru that I drank on my way back to the hotel. ;)
The hotel is just underneath Arthurs Seat, nice views.

Gesendet von meinem iPad mit Tapatalk

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Just arrived, excited to be in Edinburgh.
Had my first pint and bought me a can of Irn Bru that I drank on my way back to the hotel. ;)
The hotel is just underneath Arthurs Seat, nice views.

Good stuff! fill your boots with the IRN BRU ;)
Sounds very posh and exclusive. :)

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good stuff! fill your boots with the IRN BRU ;)
Sounds very posh and exclusive. :)
I will take some Irn Bru with me when walking up Arthurs Seat this morning ;)
Its not really a posh or exclusive hotel, more like a B&B, only 12 rooms and situated in a residential area close to Edinburgh campus.
Sometimes I prefer small hotels instead a faceless chain hotel.
Till later then ;)

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
I will take some Irn Bru with me when walking up Arthurs Seat this morning ;)
Its not really a posh or exclusive hotel, more like a B&B, only 12 rooms and situated in a residential area close to Edinburgh campus.
Sometimes I prefer small hotels instead a faceless chain hotel.
Till later then ;)

Ah i know roughly the area your in, been to the campus a couple of times. I did circuit training there years ago when i visited, don't ask :D yep i was was much younger and fitter. ;)
Enjoy!

Edit : See if you can pick up a copy of 4-4-2, this months edition has an article about Keegan and the Britz in the Bundesliga. :tup:

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks for the tip, PackerFan71 ;)
I will buy me a 442 issue later this evening.
Sunny weather today, stunning views from Arthurs Seat. Edinburgh is such a beautiful city!

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Thanks for the tip, PackerFan71 ;)
I will buy me a 442 issue later this evening.
Sunny weather today, stunning views from Arthurs Seat. Edinburgh is such a beautiful city!

Great shot! nice to see the weather held up for you. Edwinsborg looking very green and leafy. :cool:

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dang, just visited 4 Sports Stores (2x JD Sports, sportsdirect, Football Nation) and didnt find any Scotland Gear. Can you believe it?
And no Hearts or Hibs Gear as well and their own stores at the stadiums were all closed down....

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Dang, just visited 4 Sports Stores (2x JD Sports, sportsdirect, Football Nation) and didnt find any Scotland Gear. Can you believe it?
And no Hearts or Hibs Gear as well and their own stores at the stadiums were all closed down....

Nothing!? wow you would have thought there would have still been unsold stock available. :confused:
Maybe Hearts shop should be closed due to their financial troubles but Hibs as well ? weird i guess its only match days that they are open. :cautious:

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Football Nation and Sportsdirect had a few, fully priced, Scotland home shirts.
JD had nothing, only some EPL shirts, especially the latest Chelsea away shirt and the new, strange looking Liverpool away shirt.
I thought I could find a reduced Scotland away shirt or some Adidas Scotland T-Shirts, Polos or another hoodie.Nothing, not a single one. And none of them had any Hearts or Hibs gear, disappointing and lousy selection.

But beside of this another nice and sunny day.
Today with nice views on Forth Bridge:

When walking around I saw these strange bell buttons, or to be more precise I assume these are bell buttons...?
I didnt dare to try if they work ;)

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
The Football Nation and Sportsdirect had a few, fully priced, Scotland home shirts.
JD had nothing, only some EPL shirts, especially the latest Chelsea away shirt and the new, strange looking Liverpool away shirt.
I thought I could find a reduced Scotland away shirt or some Adidas Scotland T-Shirts, Polos or another hoodie.Nothing, not a single one. And none of them had any Hearts or Hibs gear, disappointing and lousy selection.

But beside of this another nice and sunny day.
Today with nice views on Forth Bridge:

When walking around I saw these strange bell buttons, or to be more precise I assume these are bell buttons...?
I didnt dare to try if they work ;)

Its a nice shirt but not worth paying full price

When i was down last there was alot of Hibs/Hearts gear in the stores, could be that the new shirts haven't been officially released yet. But all the same disappointing there was none of last years gear still going. Here of all places you would think they would have had a decent range of Scotland gear. :rolleyes:

I've been on the rail bridge once, was a nice change from the boring road bridge . Here it is at night. ;)

Those bells look ancient, real old school.

Members online

Latest posts