Fußball-Bundesliga

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
PackerFan71, beside the fact that Hamburg won 2-1 and is still in the race for Europe I didnt want to forget to tell you that I found out that they recently are selling Magners (!) at the stadium at some concession stands (hmm, is this the right word ? I mean where they sell drinks and brats...:confused: ) .
Its a test and if its successful they will offer it everywhere at the stadium next season.
0,5 l (1 pint) for 4,50 Euros , this is a little more expensive than beer (4,20 Euro)
However, nice idea ! :tup:

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
PackerFan71, beside the fact that Hamburg won 2-1 and is still in the race for Europe I didnt want to forget to tell you that I found out that they recently are selling Magners (!) at the stadium at some concession stands (hmm, is this the right word ? I mean where they sell drinks and brats...:confused: ) .
Its a test and if its successful they will offer it everywhere at the stadium next season.
0,5 l (1 pint) for 4,50 Euros , this is a little more expensive than beer (4,20 Euro)
However, nice idea ! :tup:

Yay! Good news! :tup: The food and drink stalls yep, have you tried one yet? i quite like them not too heavy just enough to give you a little buzzzz. Here at the supermarket a normal bottle goes for £1.50 about 1.75 in Euros, yep sounds like a good idea but it would be nice if it was a bit cheaper. But like pubs etc Football clubs have to make their cut and things are always more expensive.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yay! Good news! :tup: The food and drink stalls yep, have you tried one yet? i quite like them not too heavy just enough to give you a little buzzzz. Here at the supermarket a normal bottle goes for £1.50 about 1.75 in Euros, yep sounds like a good idea but it would be nice if it was a bit cheaper. But like pubs etc Football clubs have to make their cut and things are always more expensive.

Not yet, I did not know it until after after the game. I missed the announcement before the game . :mad:
I will try one next time, I just have to find a drink stall where it is sold.
Yepp drinks and food at the stadium are always a little bit on the pricey side. :rolleyes:;)

Another tax evader caught:
http://www.dw.de/bayern-munichs-uli-hoeness-admits-to-swiss-account/a-16759632

That wont help Bayern to concentrate on their job against Barca I guess....:rolleyes:

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Not yet, I did not know it until after after the game. I missed the announcement before the game . :mad:
I will try one next time, I just have to find a drink stall where it is sold.
Yepp drinks and food at the stadium are always a little bit on the pricey side. :rolleyes:;)

Another tax evader caught:
http://www.dw.de/bayern-munichs-uli-hoeness-admits-to-swiss-account/a-16759632

That wont help Bayern to concentrate on their job against Barca I guess....:rolleyes:

It seems the more money you have the greedier you become, its pointless of him trying to avoid it. They will always catch up with you.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
WHAT?!? I had to be out of town and came home to find this news. Wow. Goetze alongside Schweini and the rest. No wonder Uli had a secret bank account. :rolleyes::whistling:
:D
Btw - more and more details are published, arrest warrant issued for Hoeness :eek::rolleyes:
The rise and fall of Germany's best football manager.

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Only five minutes left until kickoff, are you guys watching as well ? Do they air it in UK and USA ?

Yeah its live here right now, won't mention the score though.:eek: Ahh memories i love that Stadium. :D

Ok from what i saw i think Bayern are pretty useful, but as for them being this unbeatable uber team nah they are not. But they are good though. Barca are a side on the wane at that level, Celtic beat them in the groups! (yes a Scottish team.) Clearly not as good as they once were. Half time, looking good for FCB.

Would be interesting to see how Bayern deal with an uncooperative side that won't open themselves up and don't want to play their game.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Wow. Just wow. That was some of the crispest playing I've seen from Bayern all year. In all fairness to Barcelona, Messi looked really off. I think his hammy was hurt more than they let on. He didn't have his blazing footwork and bursts of speed. Maybe they shouldn't have played him this round. But, I'm glad for the results. :tup:

Next game Mandzukic will be back, hopefully. That'll really spice things up.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Great performance from Bayern.
As you guys know I am not a huge Bayern fan but I must admit this was simply outstanding. :tup:
They can book flights and hotel for London immediately. ;)
Messi obviously wasnt fit for the game but even if he had been at 100 % it wouldnt have changed much.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah its live here right now, won't mention the score though.:eek: Ahh memories i love that Stadium. :D

Ok from what i saw i think Bayern are pretty useful, but as for them being this unbeatable uber team nah they are not. But they are good though. Barca are a side on the wane at that level, Celtic beat them in the groups! (yes a Scottish team.) Clearly not as good as they once were. Half time, looking good for FCB.

Would be interesting to see how Bayern deal with an uncooperative side that won't open themselves up and don't want to play their game.
I agree with you 100 %, this will be very interesting to see.
So the worst thing that could happen is a final against Real because Jose M. prefers "safety-first" tactics.
A final against Dortmund could be much easier for them although at the moment it looks like there is no better team than Bayern and I guess they dont fear any team.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
So the worst thing that could happen is a final against Real because Jose M. prefers "safety-first" tactics.
A final against Dortmund could be much easier for them although at the moment it looks like there is no better team than Bayern and I guess they dont fear any team.

Fear? Maybe not. Respect, yes. I was reading how Jupp and Robben both said this was only one win and they would enjoy it for the night, but no further. They claim they want to focus on one game at a time. Barca is still dangerous especially at home, even though the odds seems insurmountable. But it would be great to see an all German final. One gets tired of hearing about how the other leagues are superior to the Bundesliga.

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score

Yepp bang on, hes as clever as they come if i was a Bayern fan id be wanting Dortmund and not Real for obvious reasons. Would seem that way, its all in the mind thats nearly the same side that lost last year. However as good as they looked last night i think under pressure against a tactically turned on team they have been brittle. Its still only half time remember, and Arsenal nearly turned them over in the return leg in a previous round. But it does look bleak for Barca.

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Holy Macaroni 4-1! :eek: looks like an all German final this year lads, unless there are monumental comebacks!

Jose Mourinho - "I think Dortmund were the best team by far, they won every individual battle on the pitch, they were stronger physically and mentally so I think they deserve it. How did it go from 1-1 to 4-1? I don't know. Everything happened in a short space of time. We lost easy possession and we couldn't cope with their counter attack and their transition."

Fairplay to him. :tup:

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Holy Macaroni 4-1! :eek: looks like an all German final this year lads, unless there are monumental comebacks!

Jose Mourinho - "I think Dortmund were the best team by far, they won every individual battle on the pitch, they were stronger physically and mentally so I think they deserve it. How did it go from 1-1 to 4-1? I don't know. Everything happened in a short space of time. We lost easy possession and we couldn't cope with their counter attack and their transition."

Fairplay to him. :tup:

Yeah, another impressive win of a German team. Lewandowski was outstanding with 4 goals, did you guys watch ?
Looks like there will be a German final in England (!), funny, isnt it ? ;)

Bayern just officially placed a 25 m Euros bid for Lewandowski.
http://www.spiegel.de/sport/fussbal...-bemueht-um-lewandowski-vom-bvb-a-896426.html
They say Bayern placed the bid for Lewandowski last Saturday before the Dortmund game against Mainz and that the deal has been worked out since weeks before Bayern now officially approached Dortmund for the Lewandowski transfer.
Because of the Goetze-transfer Dortmund seems to have changed their minds and placed a new offer for a contract extension that was refused by Lewandowski immediately.
Negotations go on and they expect that the deal will be closed next week when Dortmund plays Bayern.
Looks like Dortmund will lose two of their key players to their rival Bayern.

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Yeah, another impressive win of a German team. Lewandowski was outstanding with 4 goals, did you guys watch ?
Looks like there will be a German final in England (!), funny, isnt it ? ;)

Bayern just officially placed a 25 m Euros bid for Lewandowski.
http://www.spiegel.de/sport/fussbal...-bemueht-um-lewandowski-vom-bvb-a-896426.html
They say Bayern placed the bid for Lewandowski last Saturday before the Dortmund game against Mainz and that the deal has been worked out since weeks before Bayern now officially approached Dortmund for the Lewandowski transfer.
Because of the Goetze-transfer Dortmund seems to have changed their minds and placed a new offer for a contract extension that was refused by Lewandowski immediately.
Negotations go on and they expect that the deal will be closed next week when Dortmund plays Bayern.
Looks like Dortmund will lose two of their key players to their rival Bayern.

Would have liked to have seen it but it was only on SKY TV bummer, ha yeah a bit ironic that. :)
Seems that Bayern are doing what all predator clubs do, buy the opposition. Doesn't always work out well though. A bit of a sickener for Dortmund although they will be pretty rich.
Apparently Arsenal are interested in Adler bah!
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/arsenal-transfers-rene-adler-now-1851773

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Would have liked to have seen it but it was only on SKY TV bummer, ha yeah a bit ironic that. :)
Seems that Bayern are doing what all predator clubs do, buy the opposition. Doesn't always work out well though. A bit of a sickener for Dortmund although they will be pretty rich.
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/arsenal-transfers-rene-adler-now-1851773

In Germany only on Sky as well....fortunately I do have a very cheap subscription.

Yeah, thats why they now are interested in Heung Min Son and I am afraid we have to sell him because we dont have enough money to keep him in Hamburg.
Same could happen with Adler, its a business. :rolleyes:
But getting him for only 5 m GBP? Keep on dreamin' Mr. Wenger :D

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
In Germany only on Sky as well....fortunately I do have a very cheap subscription.

Yeah, thats why they now are interested in Heung Min Son and I am afraid we have to sell him because we dont have enough money to keep him in Hamburg.
Same could happen with Adler, its a business. :rolleyes:
But getting him for only 5 m GBP? Keep on dreamin' Mr. Wenger :D

Thats a shame, you need to build a team with players like those, its **** being a selling club.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score

No it doesn't always work out well. Look at some of the U.S. teams in Major league baseball who buy every major player, then still don't make the big dance, like the Yankees. As a Bayern fan, I'm not too thrilled about all these purchases. Why mess with such great chemistry on a team that clearly loves playing together? You bring in these other guys and it might mess up the good spirit the team has. Nope. I don't like this one bit. :mad:

I wonder how much input Pep has had in all of this. I can't imagine Jupp wanting to mess with a good thing. This is just crazy. Now the team will have all these prima donnas vying for attention. Bad bad news in my opinion. Of course, I'm no big fan of Dortmund players anyway.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
OK, it's reported that the Lewandoski deal is just a rumor. Bayern says no contact has been made. Dortmund says no contact has been made. Apparently the only one talking about a move is Lewandoski's agent who said the player wants out of Dortmund this Summer.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts