Fußball-Bundesliga

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
OK Bundesbiers; Bayern has two weeks to refit and rest. Now maybe Robben and Ribery will be back. The World Cup players will have a chance to rest and possibly, just possibly Schweini might return to training. Can Koeln handle that? :sneaky:

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
@mhnessie It was a spirited effort by the Kickers playing with 10 men as of the 38th min in their loss to Bielefeld. I guess this year I can entertain the fantasy that we are good enough to challenge for promotion.

Tough game sir. I predicted (before Spieltag 1), that Wiesbaden, Cottbus and Bielefeld will challenge for promotion. Luckily, those 3 plus the kickers (good color uniforms) all look to be solid teams.

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
Has Wolfsburg a new striker yet!? Or in other words, do they finally want to sell/loan Bas Dost tomorrow?

Ps: Its a weird day in Dutch soccer. It seems like four goalkeepers will switch sides, involving 5 teams. Therefore 4 teams will switch their first goalkeeper and one will switch their back-up goalkeeper.

Olic has been a beast striker for Wolfsburg.

Wow, that's a lot of GK changes for 1 league.

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
OK Bundesbiers; Bayern has two weeks to refit and rest. Now maybe Robben and Ribery will be back. The World Cup players will have a chance to rest and possibly, just possibly Schweini might return to training. Can Koeln handle that? :sneaky:

Well Croakie, the game is a month away, but we be ready. In fact, we are so ready, no one has scored a goal against us so far. :D Geil!

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tough game sir. I predicted (before Spieltag 1), that Wiesbaden, Cottbus and Bielefeld will challenge for promotion. Luckily, those 3 plus the kickers (good color uniforms) all look to be solid teams.
Hopefully Kickers will challenge for promotion too, despite of the loss at Bielefeld !

Luca

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow, that's a lot of GK changes for 1 league.

Feyenoord bought Vermeer from Ajax for 700K € (back-up goalkeeper, one year deal and badly wanted to leave). Feyenoord will sent their back-up goalkeeper to Excelsior. Ajax will buy the goalkeeper from Zwolle for 1.5 million € to be their new backup. Zwolle will probably buy the goalkeeper from NAC.

It might have gotten even funnier. After Manchester United heard about this deal they tried to convince Vermeer to join them. After they found out they were too late, they tried to buy him from Feyenoord in exchange for Anders Lindegaard and a fee much higher than 700K € (first goalkeeper on a 4 year deal now). This deal was rejected by Feyenoord.

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
Yeah, I know they have Olic and Bendtner. But Dost is still the 3rd striker right. Isn't Wolfsburg planning on buying an extra striker, so that Dost can leave? At least, I heard those rumours.

The rumors were that Wolfsburg were going after Lukas Podolski... but those rumors haven't picked up any steam since Giroud went out with an injury, probably forcing them to keep Podolski around a bit longer.

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
Crud, I went to work today only to figure out it is a Holiday. Oops. Oh well, guess I'll watch the Fuerth-Pauli game.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Crud, I went to work today only to figure out it is a Holiday. Oops. Oh well, guess I'll watch the Fuerth-Pauli game.

I went back to work after a break 24 hrs too early and unlike you, I had a 40 mile round trip....lol I was that angry I took my now wife out for lunch,(she was only a workmate at the time) because I`d missed my lunch getting ready and was starving hungry....lol

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
I went back to work after a break 24 hrs too early and unlike you, I had a 40 mile round trip....lol I was that angry I took my now wife out for lunch,(she was only a workmate at the time) because I`d missed my lunch getting ready and was starving hungry....lol
Forgetting a holiday, returning too early, what's wrong with you guys ? :rolleyes::laugh:
Under n0 circumstances could this happen to me, never ever..... :p;)

Sandolf

Blue Moon Rising
Reaction score
Labour Day is our compensation for not having a May Day... (which was likely deemed as being too Communist). If you like the CFL it is easier to remember as there are always games between local rivals (Toronto vs Hamilton and Calgary vs Edmonton), which makes in much like the NFL's Thanksgiving day schedule.

Last edited:

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Labour Day is our compensation for not having a May Day... (which was likely deemed as being too Communist). If you like the CFL it is easier to remember as there are always games between local rivals (Toronto vs Hamilton and Calagary vs Edmonton), which makes in much like the NFL's Thanksgiving day schedule.
Yeah, 1st of May is our Labor Day (Tag der Arbeit). When I was a little boy I accompanied my father when he joined rallies or demonstrations. He was an active unionist those days.

Sandolf

Blue Moon Rising
Reaction score
Yeah, 1st of May is our Labor Day (Tag der Arbeit). When I was a little boy I accompanied my father when he joined rallies or demonstrations. He was an active unionist those days.

Isn't that the day when the locals throw cobblestones in Berlin-Kreuzberg?

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Isn't that the day when the locals throw cobblestones in Berlin-Kreuzberg?
Yepp, and in Hamburg too, especially during the night from April 30th to May 1st. In Hamburg it's the area around the "Rote Flora" that is quite dangerous. Lots of policemen and water gun vehicles are around at night.

Last edited:

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
Labour Day is our compensation for not having a May Day... (which was likely deemed as being too Communist). If you like the CFL it is easier to remember as there are always games between local rivals (Toronto vs Hamilton and Calgary vs Edmonton), which makes in much like the NFL's Thanksgiving day schedule.

I had a feeling a post was coming from you with the word "Kommunist" in it. :D:roflmao:

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
I didn't forget what day it was. When my 16 year old daughter got up this morning I said to her; "It's labor day and guess what you're gonna do?" LOL

Sandolf

Blue Moon Rising
Reaction score
I didn't forget what day it was. When my 16 year old daughter got up this morning I said to her; "It's labor day and guess what you're gonna do?" LOL

They tend not to have too much leverage when it comes to collective bargaining. If they strike you can suspend their benefits package. :D

Members online

Latest posts