Fußball-Bundesliga

Mighty Mike 77

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I work as a dispatcher at the alarm room in Kaiserslautern. So I often get in touch with the ramstein tower.... Me and the other guy were corresponding in English. Medical Issues!!!! AFTER the complete call he asked me if I could speak some german.... Funny laugh too.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
They do play that system since 2 very successful years. You give up the fourth guy to fill the gaps in midfield, and you got an additional guy for the attack. It's very aggressive, and carrys some risk, as you've seen. You are wide open to fast attacks....
Hey Mike, sorry, but usually BVB plays with 4 players on the back line. (Schmelzer, Subotic, Hummels, Pisczek)
As you described it - they gave up the fourth guy to fill the gaps in the midfield and to create more midfield support for the offense but this was indeed the first time they played a 3-4-3.
It didn't work and that's why Klopp changed back to the original back line after 30 minutes.
Interested in more football tactics ? Then this article could be worth a look ;)
http://bundesligafanatic.com/boruss...s-tactical-experiment-backfires-on-derby-day/
Anyway, I am still mad about the fact that HSV could have signed Klopp, he signed with Dortmund instead and we all know what happenend since then. :rolleyes:

Mighty Mike 77

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think so... In fact, I believe they switched from 4 to 3 defenders once in a while but not for the complete game, depending on the opponent and the game....
I think it's fishing for alibis because of the rivalry loss.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Nessie; Hamburg had a good win today. Adler looked good. Vandervaart didn't do much, but he didn't have to with the way Augsburg played. Augsburg seems afraid to finish...not much of an attack.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey Croak, just checked the result a few minutes ago and I must admit that I was a little afraid that they would lose again.
I will read the match report later on kicker website and maybe I can find a video on youtube.
So it looks like you are enjoying watching Bundesliga? ;)
I just returned from Lambeau Field, watched the players coming back from the practice field, took some nice pictures. I will post some of them later.
@PackerFan71- I will post them in our --more or less- "private"
EPL thread ;)

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Hey Croak, just checked the result a few minutes ago and I must admit that I was a little afraid that they would lose again.
I will read the match report later on kicker website and maybe I can find a video on youtube.
So it looks like you are enjoying watching Bundesliga? ;)
I just returned from Lambeau Field, watched the players coming back from the practice field, took some nice pictures. I will post some of them later.
@PackerFan71- I will post them in our --more or less- "private"
EPL thread ;)

Yeah, I'm enjoying watching these games. I also watch Bundesliga Magazine and Hallo Bundesliga.

Lambeau is the best and most unique NFL experience that you will ever find. I hope you enjoy it immensely.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Nessie, you picked a heck of a weekend, weather wise, to visit the States.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nessie, you picked a heck of a weekend, weather wise, to visit the States.

Yepp, that's true, very sunny - could have been worse ;)
Did you check the fixtures for next weekend, Croak ?
Hamburg plays Bayern on Saturday. :sneaky:
I will be back in Germany but unfortunately can't go to the game because the newborn daughter of my sister will be christened (is this right in english ?)
So I have to be there and I gave away my tickets.
But first Bayern has to beat Bayer Leverkusen tomorrow.
My prediction is a 2-0 for Bayern, we should talk about the Hamburg-Bayern game after Bayern played Leverkusen ;)

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Yepp, that's true, very sunny - could have been worse ;)
Did you check the fixtures for next weekend, Croak ?
Hamburg plays Bayern on Saturday. :sneaky:
I will be back in Germany but unfortunately can't go to the game because the newborn daughter of my sister will be christened (is this right in english ?)
So I have to be there and I gave away my tickets.
But first Bayern has to beat Bayer Leverkusen tomorrow.
My prediction is a 2-0 for Bayern, we should talk about the Hamburg-Bayern game after Bayern played Leverkusen ;)

I wasn't thinking about the Hamburg game yet. Leverkusen has me worried. Hamburg should be a cake walk. :D

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Leverkusen. Their young goalie is good. For Bayern, that back line still has problems....not a big fan of Boateng. He's often beaten by his opponents.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey Nessie; did you go to the game in Hamburg today?

Hi Croak,

no, unfortunately not because of the christening of my niece.
I had to sell the tickets.
But congrats for an easy 3-0 win, Bayern is not in reach for us.
Did you watch the game, could you enjoy watching a game of your favorite team ? :)

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
I watched. I have it recorded and showed some of it to my son when he came home from college this weekend. When he was little he dreamed of playing for FCB. But he was asked to work out with the Baltimore "Blast". He chose to go to college instead.

In the beginning of the match it looked like Hamburg was going to give Bayern a rough time, then it just seemed like they eased up or they started playing on their heels a lot.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
I just read that Mario Gomez is close to returning for Bayern. Let's see that makes it, Pizzaro, Manzukic, Martinez, Gomez, Müller. Maybe Bayern ought to switch to a 3-2-5. ;)

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just read that Mario Gomez is close to returning for Bayern. Let's see that makes it, Pizzaro, Manzukic, Martinez, Gomez, Müller. Maybe Bayern ought to switch to a 3-2-5. ;)

Yepp, will back on Tuesday, will be exciting to see who will be benched by Heynckes. ;)
Martinez is a midfielder and Müller can play both, midfielder and forward, so could be possible that at least 4 of them will find their place in the starting lineup.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just bought me the new 11 Freunde, guess why ?! ;)

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Headline hits the nail on the head - he is like a saviour (german: Erloeser) for us ! :D
I don't want to think about what could have happenend if we hadn't sign him.
Hamburg plays @ Dusseldorf tonight, on Tuesday we play Schalke @ home, tough games.
Bayern plays Hannover on Saturday and Freiburg on Wednesday, I think they will win both games.

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Just bought me the new 11 Freunde, guess why ?! ;)

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Headline hits the nail on the head - he is like a saviour (german: Erloeser) for us ! :D
I don't want to think about what could have happenend if we hadn't sign him.
Hamburg plays @ Dusseldorf tonight, on Tuesday we play Schalke @ home, tough games.
Bayern plays Hannover on Saturday and Freiburg on Wednesday, I think they will win both games.

No idea?:) He seems to be the classic example of a one man team, in a (postive sense) or at least the inspiration for the others anyway. Gianfrancio Zola was similar at Chelsea. Just seen the Highlights of HSVs last game 1-0 a hint of offside for the goal nessie? lol who cares, a win is a win nice to see it when a decision by a ref going your teams way for once.;)

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
No idea?:) He seems to be the classic example of a one man team, in a (postive sense) or at least the inspiration for the others anyway. Gianfrancio Zola was similar at Chelsea. Just seen the Highlights of HSVs last game 1-0 a hint of offside for the goal nessie? lol who cares, a win is a win nice to see it when a decision by a ref going your teams way for once.;)
Well, I doubt there where any "Highlights" at all :D
Yesterday evening they lost at Dusseldorf and allowed Dusseldorf the first Bundesliga win after 17 years.:mad:
PackerFan71, we talked about Chelsea and the lack of continuity, something we also know very good in Hamburg.
But I doubt that our manager Thorsten Fink is the right one, no progress is made, no goalscoring chances are created, what the hell do they practice during the week ? :rolleyes:
Btw - vdVaart is injured, he has a torn muscle fibre, looks like the first half of the season is over for him :(

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
And Gomez makes his first home appearance after his injury. Within 27 seconds he scores. The crowd went wild.

The fans in Munich were singing something to the tune of what we in the States call "Roll out the Barrell". Anyone know what words they were singing? The sound on the Tv was muted too much to distinguish the actual words.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
And Gomez makes his first home appearance after his injury. Within 27 seconds he scores. The crowd went wild.

The fans in Munich were singing something to the tune of what we in the States call "Roll out the Barrell". Anyone know what words they were singing? The sound on the Tv was muted too much to distinguish the actual words.

Hmm, I haven't seen the highlights of the game but the tune of what you call "Roll out the Barrel" is "Rosamunde" here in Germany.
Very often they simply sing "FC Bayern, schalalalalalala..." to that tune....and that doesn't mean anything ! ;)

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Well, I doubt there where any "Highlights" at all :D
Yesterday evening they lost at Dusseldorf and allowed Dusseldorf the first Bundesliga win after 17 years.:mad:
PackerFan71, we talked about Chelsea and the lack of continuity, something we also know very good in Hamburg.
But I doubt that our manager Thorsten Fink is the right one, no progress is made, no goalscoring chances are created, what the hell do they practice during the week ? :rolleyes:
Btw - vdVaart is injured, he has a torn muscle fibre, looks like the first half of the season is over for him :(

I saw the highlights of the Dusseldorf game two dissalowed goals for HSV? very frustrating and as you said vdVarrt getting hurt. What a bummer hope its not for too long. Who within reason would you have as HSV coach if you could get them? Roll out the Barrel thats real retro, love it.:tup:

Members online

Latest posts