Fußball-Bundesliga

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
That was a good win. My daughter's teacher for German I is from Hamburg. I told her the next time she talks to him she should say; Go Bayern! ;)

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

But maybe her teacher is a St.Pauli fan and would be more annoyed by saying "Go HSV" ?! :eek: :D
You never know...:sneaky:

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Puuh, to be honest - I don't care about St. Pauli, they will never challenge our No.1 position in Hamburg, who cares about a second divison team? :sneaky:
Bremen are our No. 1 rivals since the 80's and we both don't like each other, that's for sure :D
A HSV win and losses for Bremen and St.Pauli, this is the perfect football weekend ! ;)

Good article, thank you PackerFan71.
And the comments are interesting as well.
But I mut admit we sometimes do have problems with this democratic structures, especially when fans try to influence the daily business of the club.
But overall the positive aspects of our democratic structures outbalance the negative aspects.
And I am happy that attending a football game is still affordable und football still remains what it should be - a people's game !

Couldn't ask for much more hope you got the beers in!:)

Nothings ever perfect, interesting seems it can either be one owner that can bring an entire club to financial ruin or lots of extreme Ultras who for the most part make sure nothing happens. Be thankful that you can at least still manage to afford watch your club, always a good thing.:tup:

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Looks like there is no question who will be German Champions this season, Bayern with their 7th win in a row against Hoffenheim (2-0)
HSV wins as well, 1-0 @ Fuerth. :)
And yesterday Bremen lost again (1-3) , St.Pauli only with a draw at home and if the Packers beat the Colts tomorrow this weekend will be perfect ! :tup:

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Looks like there is no question who will be German Champions this season, Bayern with their 7th win in a row against Hoffenheim (2-0)
HSV wins as well, 1-0 @ Fuerth. :)
And yesterday Bremen lost again (1-3) , St.Pauli only with a draw at home and if the Packers beat the Colts tomorrow this weekend will be perfect ! :tup:

I figured their new general manger would take no nonsense this year. He's not they type.

Had you down to beat Fuerth.:)

All up to the Pack now for a W. :cool:

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
I figured their new general manger would take no nonsense this year. He's not they type.

Had you down to beat Fuerth.:)

All up to the Pack now for a W. :cool:

I read this week that Sammer chewed them out for slow play. It's hard to imagine they'll get better.

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
I read this week that Sammer chewed them out for slow play. It's hard to imagine they'll get better.

Football is strange sometime's, a team can dominate in the domestic league but struggle in Europe. Or vice versa, Liverpool winning the CL IN 2005 beyond imagination that one.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Football is strange sometime's, a team can dominate in the domestic league but struggle in Europe. Or vice versa, Liverpool winning the CL IN 2005 beyond imagination that one.
Yepp, last year Dortmund was another example.

@ Croak: Sammer was a fantastic football player but we all know - he's an a**ho** ! :rolleyes::D
He should be careful with his words, especially if he is working togehter with a manager/coach like Jupp Heynckes, still one of the best in Germany.
Problems between Sammer and Heynckes have been reported although they say the issues have been resolved.:whistling:
I am convinced there will be more issues between Sammer und Heynckes during the season, we just have to wait. :D
Anyway - Bayern will dominate the League this year, no doubt about it.
btw- HSV plays Bayern on November, 3rd - unfortunately this will be the first loss for Bayern :sneaky:

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Just saw on my cable that they were broadcasting a Borussia Monch game. When I looked to see how much it would cost me to sign up for Fox Soccer Plus, I saw they wanted 20 bucks a month! I just about blew all my coffee out my nose. 20 dollars a month for soccer viewing...in the U.S.??????? What the heck is wrong with Fox?

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just saw on my cable that they were broadcasting a Borussia Monch game. When I looked to see how much it would cost me to sign up for Fox Soccer Plus, I saw they wanted 20 bucks a month! I just about blew all my coffee out my nose. 20 dollars a month for soccer viewing...in the U.S.??????? What the heck is wrong with Fox?

Hmm, well - I paid roundabout 200 USD (160 Euros) for my Regular Season NFL gamepass, that's 50 USD a month for Amercian Football in Germany/Europe ! :eek: :rolleyes:
Do they cover German Bundesliga, Premiere League, Primera Division and other European Leagues ?
If so I think 20 USD is a reasonable price.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score

Viagogo adds another German partner in Hamburg

Secondary ticketing platform Viagogo has added top-level German side HSV Hamburg to its portfolio of soccer partnerships. The London-based company has become the official ticket resale platform for the club for the current season. Steve Roest, a Viagogo...
http://www.sportspromedia.com/news/...a+(SportsPro+Media+-+General)&utm_medium=feed

Not a clever move by our HSV management, fans are starting to get angry because we are all afraid that this will result in increasing ticket prices.
For years club and fans fought together against the black market and now the management is working together with a ticket reseller like viagogo though we had a good working, offical ticket resale platform.:mad:

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Viagogo adds another German partner in Hamburg

Secondary ticketing platform Viagogo has added top-level German side HSV Hamburg to its portfolio of soccer partnerships. The London-based company has become the official ticket resale platform for the club for the current season. Steve Roest, a Viagogo...
http://www.sportspromedia.com/news/viagogo_adds_another_german_partner_in_hamburg/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_campaign=Feed: SportsproMedia (SportsPro Media - General)&utm_medium=feed

Not a clever move by our HSV management, fans are starting to get angry because we are all afraid that this will result in increasing ticket prices.
For years club and fans fought together against the black market and now the management is working together with a ticket reseller like viagogo though we had a good working, offical ticket resale platform.:mad:

And thats where it starts nessie, if the fans let it it will creep in even more.

Hmm, well - I paid roundabout 200 USD (160 Euros) for my Regular Season NFL gamepass, that's 50 USD a month for Amercian Football in Germany/Europe ! :eek: :rolleyes:
Do they cover German Bundesliga, Premiere League, Primera Division and other European Leagues ?
If so I think 20 USD is a reasonable price.

Yep in comparison id say Gamepass was the real ripoff, the best part of £100 for four months worth? Too much for me anyway as much as id like it.

$20 = around £12.50 is not that bad but we always pay way over the odds for things here compared to our American buddies.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
And thats where it starts nessie, if the fans let it it will creep in even more.
Believe me, there will be protests during our next home game and on Monday there will be...hmmm...what is it in English...there will be the annual general assembly (?) (for all club members).
I am sure there will be discussions.
We had a perfect working system, for example:
I am leaving to the US on Tuesday so I will miss two home games (Stuttgart and Bayern).
I sold my tickets for these games on the offical platform (that will be closed now I guess) and got a refund of 1/17 of the price of my season ticket per game and ticket.
Then the tickets are sold for the offical single ticket price for that game, that's fair !
I don't want to earn money by selling the tickets I can't use, I am fine with this.
And another person surely was happen to buy affordable tickets for the Bayern game.
This will be over now :mad:

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Believe me, there will be protests during our next home game and on Monday there will be...hmmm...what is it in English...there will be the annual general assembly (?) (for all club members).
I am sure there will be discussions.
We had a perfect working system, for example:
I am leaving to the US on Tuesday so I will miss two home games (Stuttgart and Bayern).
I sold my tickets for these games on the offical platform (that will be closed now I guess) and got a refund of 1/17 of the price of my season ticket per game and ticket.
Then the tickets are sold for the offical single ticket price for that game, that's fair !
I don't want to earn money by selling the tickets I can't use, I am fine with this.
And another person surely was happen to buy affordable tickets for the Bayern game.
This will be over now :mad:

Annual General Meeting, you weren't far away.;)
Just the start, unless the fans really kick up the directors will take more and more its the nature of the beast.
Remember post up some pictures of the trip when you get back.:)

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Annual General Meeting, you weren't far away.;)
Just the start, unless the fans really kick up the directors will take more and more its the nature of the beast.
Remember post up some pictures of the trip when you get back.:)

aaaah, thank you...:)
Yepp, I will do, I promise ;)

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Update: :laugh: At the end of the match, the commentator said; "Well, the referee blew the whistle. He has decided enough is enough, and I'm glad he did." LOL

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Well, I did it. I cancelled my ESPN the Magazine subscription and my Packer Report subscription just so I could watch live Bundesliga games. I must be a sick puppy. (Nessie, sorry about Hamburg's loss this weekend. I dvr'ed and watched it today.

Mighty Mike 77

Cheesehead
Reaction score
excellent Thread for a german guy, Folks....

its kind of funny watching you discussing 'bout german soccer ....while i got here to talk about Football.....

Well, bring it on....i'm looking forward to discuss with you about soccer.

To be honest, i never thought that the Bundesliga is noticed in America.....

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
excellent Thread for a german guy, Folks....

its kind of funny watching you discussing 'bout german soccer ....while i got here to talk about Football.....

Well, bring it on....i'm looking forward to discuss with you about soccer.

To be honest, i never thought that the Bundesliga is noticed in America.....

Jump in anytime Mike, we are always interested in an opinion on German Football here.:tup:

Well, I did it. I cancelled my ESPN the Magazine subscription and my Packer Report subscription just so I could watch live Bundesliga games. I must be a sick puppy. (Nessie, sorry about Hamburg's loss this weekend. I dvr'ed and watched it today.

Wow are you sure you have done the right thing Croak? remember how bad that Nuremberg game was.......the Pro NFL refs are back and things will get better im pretty sure. Anyways give it a go and see what its like, you can always switch back at some point.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score

Sick puppy ? :eek::D Anyway - enjoy watching Bundesliga and especially your favorite team Bayern on their way to their next Title Croak ! :tup:;)
HSV loss makes me angry, one step forward, two steps back- that's Hamburg as I know for so many years :rolleyes:
But it's my team, I've to take it as it is ;)

Mighty Mike 77

Cheesehead
Reaction score
you were very unfortunate to watch 2 of the momentary weakest teams in the BL. We had a great rivalry game going on in Dortmund vs. Schalke 04. Big, big rivalry, very old, and full of anger.....just like the packers matching the Vikings....

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Why did Dortmund switch to only three guys on the back line? I read that they didn't even practice that configuration.

Mighty Mike 77

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They do play that system since 2 very successful years. You give up the fourth guy to fill the gaps in midfield, and you got an additional guy for the attack. It's very aggressive, and carrys some risk, as you've seen. You are wide open to fast attacks....

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
They do play that system since 2 very successful years. You give up the fourth guy to fill the gaps in midfield, and you got an additional guy for the attack. It's very aggressive, and carrys some risk, as you've seen. You are wide open to fast attacks....

Oh, I see. So the player the article quoted was saying they hadn't practiced it "this past week". I get it now.

Your sig line makes me think of a story I like to tell. One of the times I was in Germany I stopped at a doner kebab shop in Lutherstadt-Wittenberg. I tried to place my order in German, but it was clear the man behind the counter wasn't understanding me. So I said, "Es tut Mir Leid aber Mein Deutsch is nicht so gut." He grinned and then responded, "Es tut Mir Leid aber Mein Deutsch is nicht so gut." Then in excellent English he said, "Because I am from Turkey, but I speak English." We both had a good laugh.

Members online

Latest posts