Fußball-Bundesliga

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Could be he is signing a pre contract agreement in January because BVB want to stretch out his previous deal to the bitter end. And then the FCB deal will go ahead in the summer. Massive own goal by BVB they should have taken the mega bucks and let him go this summer. Ho Hum. :speechless:

Crazy i recently found out that Celtic FC could have had him for about £2M when he was still in Poland, but their then manager didn't think he was worth it. Ooops!

As much as I know its a FIFA or UEFA rule that a player with an expiring contract (like a NFL free agent) can be signed half a year in advance.
So I guess this is why Lewandowski signs the contract in January....officially.... ;)
I dont expect Bayern to pay a single Euro anymore so Lewandowski will likely finish this season with BVB.

2m for Lewandowski sounds like steal nowadays, but who could know that he is developing and improving that much.
He had huge problems in his first year with Dortmund and nearly "exploded" the season after with 22 goals.

And Croak, I dont think there will be locker room cancer because of him, as much as I read and hear he is a true professional, no problems so far reported though he was disappointed that he couldnt move to Munich.
And Bayern will sign one of the best strikers in Europe for no transfer fee, it could be worse ;)

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
As much as I know its a FIFA or UEFA rule that a player with an expiring contract (like a NFL free agent) can be signed half a year in advance.
So I guess this is why Lewandowski signs the contract in January....officially.... ;)
I dont expect Bayern to pay a single Euro anymore so Lewandowski will likely finish this season with BVB.

2m for Lewandowski sounds like steal nowadays, but who could know that he is developing and improving that much.
He had huge problems in his first year with Dortmund and nearly "exploded" the season after with 22 goals.

And Croak, I dont think there will be locker room cancer because of him, as much as I read and hear he is a true professional, no problems so far reported though he was disappointed that he couldnt move to Munich.
And Bayern will sign one of the best strikers in Europe for no transfer fee, it could be worse ;)

I'm way behind with FIFAs rules thankfully. :) Signing him in January then having to wait for a further 4-5 months, and hes still a Dortmund player in the meantime. Strange how the rules are but there ya go. :confused::D

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Second half has begun - Berlin just scored the equalizer - 1-1 at the moment against Mainz.
Dortmund leads 2-0 against Freiburg, Reus scored twice, Freiburg after a red card only with 10 players.
Leverkusen is getting better and better - 2-0 lead against Hannover and a quite entertaining game in Hoffenheim where Team Plastic meets Schalke, still a 3-2 lead for Schalke.
And Bayern.....boooooring match against Volkswagen so far. No ideas against their defense but usually Bayern somehow scores at least one goal, still half a hour left, thats pretty enough time for them.
Always switching between the games.....;)

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
...what did I say....bad game so far but they score anyway, 1-0 Müller.... ;)
I hope Bayern loses a game soon so that HSV keeps the alltime record. After this match they will be unbeaten for 32 games, HSV record is 36 games....:cautious: I'll be close this time....

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
...what did I say....bad game so far but they score anyway, 1-0 Müller.... ;)
I hope Bayern loses a game soon so that HSV keeps the alltime record. After this match they will be unbeaten for 32 games, HSV record is 36 games....:cautious: I'll be close this time....

Bayern wont do it, keep the faith. ;)

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Final Whistle - HSV 2-2 at Frankfurt.
Im fine with this draw and its remarkable that our youngest and most talented player Jonathan Tah was one of the best. He is 17 yo and the youngest player ever in the German Bundesliga.:tup:

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Final Whistle - HSV 2-2 at Frankfurt.
Im fine with this draw and its remarkable that our youngest and most talented player Jonathan Tah was one of the best. He is 17 yo and the youngest player ever in the German Bundesliga.:tup:

Not bad for starters 2-2 away, here's another saying for you ''Better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick.'' :)

I think Herr Fink would have lost that one. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not bad for starters 2-2 away, here's another saying for you ''Better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick.'' :)

I think Herr Fink would have lost that one. :rolleyes:
Ouch:D Believe me or not, I write them all down in my English-notebook so that i wont forget them ;)

Yeah, under Fink we would have lost but the result of 2 years of Fink can still be seen, the team is somehow anxious, no structure on the field.
But with marwjik hope is back and he said he prefers the Dutch system, a 4-3-3 if its somehow possible, of course depending on the players he has.
But 3 strikers and not this 4-2-3-1 bulls*** anymore.....a dream would come true;)

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Hey now. Hey now. Let's not go wishing FCB loses. ;) They've got to break all the records! That game yesterday was a mess. Pep keeps switching the lineup around. I wonder why? Is he still experimenting with which players fit best in which position? As I understand it, he had Lahm playing in the third different position this season. Neuer saved Pep's backside yesterday. They are definitely trying to play quicker than last year, but I miss last year's approach.

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Hey now. Hey now. Let's not go wishing FCB loses. ;) They've got to break all the records! That game yesterday was a mess. Pep keeps switching the lineup around. I wonder why? Is he still experimenting with which players fit best in which position? As I understand it, he had Lahm playing in the third different position this season. Neuer saved Pep's backside yesterday. They are definitely trying to play quicker than last year, but I miss last year's approach.

From what i've seen of Bayern Croak they have been winging it for long enough, if the Super Cup Final was anything to go by. An L is only a matter of time...........:sneaky:

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Ouch:D Believe me or not, I write them all down in my English-notebook so that i wont forget them ;)

Yeah, under Fink we would have lost but the result of 2 years of Fink can still be seen, the team is somehow anxious, no structure on the field.
But with marwjik hope is back and he said he prefers the Dutch system, a 4-3-3 if its somehow possible, of course depending on the players he has.
But 3 strikers and not this 4-2-3-1 bulls*** anymore.....a dream would come true;)

It will take time to fix, but i'm sure he will at least make HSV a pain to play against and thats a start.

Going for the old Trident up front good move. :tup:

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
It will take time to fix, but i'm sure he will at least make HSV a pain to play against and thats a start.

Going for the old Trident up front good move. :tup:

I hope you're right, PackerFan71.
Next weekend we will have to play another away game at Nuremberg. Then at home against Stuttgart. 5 points after having played these games should be a move into the right direction.

Could you watch NFL football on TV yesterday ?
Did they air it somewhere or only on Pay TV ?

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
I hope you're right, PackerFan71.
Next weekend we will have to play another away game at Nuremberg. Then at home against Stuttgart. 5 points after having played these games should be a move into the right direction.

Could you watch NFL football on TV yesterday ?
Did they air it somewhere or only on Pay TV ?

Thats a challenging couple of games hopefully things will go well. :tup:

Yeah i saw bits of the Steelers v Queens game at Wembley live on UK tv quite enjoyed it. :)

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thats a challenging couple of games hopefully things will go well. :tup:

Yeah i saw bits of the Steelers v Queens game at Wembley live on UK tv quite enjoyed it. :)
Good game as much as I could see, I havent watched the whole game because I always switch between the channels and games when the Packers arent playing. Im a little disappointed that the Texans lost against the Seahawks, I just cant stand them.
Btw - used my last day off today to finally install the flag pole holder I brought with me back from the US....and of course the flag....
Looks good, doesnt it ? ;)

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Good game as much as I could see, I havent watched the whole game because I always switch between the channels and games when the Packers arent playing. Im a little disappointed that the Texans lost against the Seahawks, I just cant stand them.
Btw - used my last day off today to finally install the flag pole holder I brought with me back from the US....and of course the flag....
Looks good, doesnt it ? ;)

Ha nice one indeed looking fine, :tup: what size is it 5x3? was thinking of getting a Packer Flag and going up the highest mountain where i live and posting it on the packers around the world thing on Facebook. :D

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ha nice one indeed looking fine, :tup: what size is it 5x3? was thinking of getting a Packer Flag and going up the highest mountain where i live and posting it on the packers around the world thing on Facebook. :D
Yepp, thats 5 x 3 or roundabout 150 x 90 cm.
Surprisingly large when you unfold the flag. And not really cheap but this Packers flag seem to be a good quality. I even bought me a US Flag with embroidered stars and sewn stripes, you cant get a flag like this here.
Now I need to buy me a German, Scottish and HSV flag.... ;)
Whats the elevation of the highest mountain where you live ? Sounds as if this could be a great picture ! :)
You should send it to the "Packer Report Magazine", they show pictures of Packers Fans from everywhere around the world on their last page. I think it would have a good chance to be printed ;)

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Yepp, thats 5 x 3 or roundabout 150 x 90 cm.
Surprisingly large when you unfold the flag. And not really cheap but this Packers flag seem to be a good quality. I even bought me a US Flag with embroidered stars and sewn stripes, you cant get a flag like this here.
Now I need to buy me a German, Scottish and HSV flag.... ;)
Whats the elevation of the highest mountain where you live ?
Sounds as if this could be a great picture ! :)
You should send it to the "Packer Report Magazine", they show pictures of Packers Fans from everywhere around the world on their last page. I think it would have a good chance to be printed ;)

Thats pretty big, nice! I have seen those embroidered ''stars and sewn stripes flags'' they are really cool.

Its about 800m high i remember i climbed it with the Scouts about 30 years ago time for a revisit maybe next spring/summer when the weather is good great views. If you do get a Scottish flag make sure its a ''Saltire one St Andrews cross.''

You think worth a go then eh?! ;)

Last edited:

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thats pretty big, nice! I have seen those embroidered ''stars and sewn stripes flags'' they are really cool.

Its about 800m high i remember i climbed it with the Scouts about 30 years ago time for a revisit maybe next spring/summer when the weather is good great views. If you do get a Scottish flag make sure its a ''Saltire one St Anderws cross.''

You think worth a go then eh?! ;)

Thats the blue one, right?
Who uses the yellow one with a red lion on it?

800 m high? not bad, highest elevation where I live is roundabout 120m.
Northern Germanys landscape is completely flat, no mountains, only small "hills".
Good for cycling ;)

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Thats the blue one, right?
Who uses the yellow one with a red lion on it?

800 m high? not bad, highest elevation where I live is roundabout 120m.
Northern Germanys landscape is completely flat, no mountains, only small "hills".
Good for cycling ;)

Yeah thats the Saltire the blue one.
The yellow one with the lion rampant is the royal standard. Its ok but im not so keen on it if im honest.

Really hilly here i like to cycle but id do more if it was flatter. Here is the view 800m up.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
What? Do you mean to say your new coach won't work miracles?? ;)

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2
He need to Croak, he need to....we need a (little) miracle to be back on track soon ! ;)

Btw - I'm a Leverkusen fan tonight.....:p
I hope they save our HSV record of unbeaten games, Bayern is damn close...:confused:

Latest posts