Fußball-Bundesliga

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Sergej is from Bosnia and a true HSV legend. An excellent football player and a remarkable personality- on and off the field. ;)
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Totally agree, Barbarez is the only striker on this ad, instead of "Loddar" and Sammer there should have been another striker if the word "Schützenfest" should make sense.

And to give you an impression of a typical German "Schützenfest" parade as it happens once a year, even where I live, just have a look at this video ;)

Not my cup of tea :rolleyes::D

He was a good player and a bit of an HSV Legend from what i read. :tup: Losts of good players from Bosnia, Sasa Papac arrived at Rangers as an unknown bit-part player and was really good also.

Nothing wrong with it in terms of tradition, but men marching through towns uniforms nah not for me either.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Your way ahead of me then i think, id need alot of practice to string a proper sentence together. I can pick out the odd word here and there in written form with a bit of guess work get the gist of the meaning. Yeah they seem alot better at English than the youngsters here also. Ha im with them on the Kings English whatever that is. :D

Oh, my bad, I forgot you are from Scotland! The "King's" *anything* probably isn't the most popular there. LOL

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Oh, my bad, I forgot you are from Scotland! The "King's" *anything* probably isn't the most popular there. LOL

To be honest we don't take their kings and queens seriously its all a bit silly.

Last edited:

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
".....just sick of hearing German success storys....always win at football....and first on the beach....." sounds
like us :laugh:
Great video ! :D
And the typical German is still called Müller.....hmmmm.....:cautious::D
Very interesting, still watching, together with my wife....awesome....:tup:

Ah cool you got it working! :tup: i liked the humor, it was an eye opener in some ways regarding how they treat the workers fantastic! It honestly made me think about moving there i kid you not. :eek::) But the only obvious initial problem would be with the language.

Last edited:

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
O.K....just finished watching the video :tup:
So we are getting up 20 minutes earlier than you Brits do ? No wonder your economy sucks :sneaky::p

Did you notice the Currywurst with Pommes (fries) rot weiss (red-white) at the Faber-Castell canteen ?
Yummy ! :)
And yes, Sauerkraut should be served hot. :D
The only downside was the Bayern Munich game he visited - I guess you know why :poop:;)
I had a lot o fun watching this view on us and learned a lot of interesting thing about us as well.:tup:

Bayern-Gladbach 2-1, 35 minutes to go.....

Last edited:

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ah cool you got it working! :tup: i liked the humor, it was an eye opener in some ways regarding how they treat the workers fantastic! It honestly made me think about moving there i kid you not. :eek::) But the only obvious initial problem would be with the language.
But this problem could be solved easily. Id prefer every Brit coming to Germany instead of all the Turkish people who dont speak German although they are living here for more than 20 years.
But thats another, very sensitive topic....:rolleyes:;)

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
O.K....just finished watching the video :tup:
So we are getting up 20 minutes earlier than you Brits do ? No wonder your economy sucks :sneaky::p

Did you notice the Currywurst with Pommes (fries) rot weiss (red-white) at the Faber-Castell canteen ?
Yummy ! :)
And yes, Sauerkraut should be served hot. :D
The only downside was the Bayern Munich game he visited - I guess you know why :poop:;)
I had a lot o fun watching this view on us and learned a lot of interesting thing about us as well
.:tup:

Bayern-Gladbach 2-1, 35 minutes to go.....

Ha if only it was down to that! :roflmao: we could get up an hour before the Germans and still be behind, i blame the politicians in London who pay huge sums to failed bankers and penalize the less well off who for some reason they blame for the whole financial mess that the politicians helped create. Yeah go figure that one out if you can. Thats enough about them from me they are :sick: & Inept.

Nah i missed that ill have to re-watch it, i think the Sauerkraut issue was taken well all said and done. I would have had no idea either. :)

I know pity it was that game..................i think id have been economical with the Bayern fan when asked who i supported possibly still a sore issue. :D Id have said Ross County just to be safe, that would totally confused him.

One thing i have in common with that part of Germany is the day of rest thing, where i live we grew up with it also. im all for it. :tup: Here is another i watched recently also very good.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b03866cj/Das_Auto_The_Germans_Their_Cars_and_Us/

Btw with iPlayer its perfectly fine for you to watch anything there as long as its not a live stream from the TV. :whistling:

Last edited:
OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
But this problem could be solved easily. Id prefer every Brit coming to Germany instead of all the Turkish people who dont speak German although they are living here for more than 20 years.
But thats another, very sensitive topic....
:rolleyes:;)

I'm sure id pick it up quite quickly with a bit of help, i'm with you on that i'm all for people from other countries coming here so long as they make the effort to integrate with everyone else. Its the ones who don't i have the issue with, sensitive topic indeed. :cautious:

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ha if only it was down to that! :roflmao: we could get up an hour before the Germans and still be behind, i blame the politicians in London who pay huge sums to failed bankers and penalize the less well off who for some reason they blame for the whole financial mess that the politicians helped create. Yeah go figure that one out if you can. Thats enough about them from me they are :sick: & Inept.

Nah i missed that ill have to re-watch it, i think the Sauerkraut issue was taken well all said and done. I would have had no idea either. :)

I know pity it was that game..................i think id have been economical with the Bayern fan when asked who i supported possibly still a sore issue. :D Id have said Ross County just to be safe, that would totally confused him.

One thing i have in common with that part of Germany is the day of rest thing, where i live we grew up with it also. im all for it. :tup: Here is another i watched recently also very good.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b03866cj/Das_Auto_The_Germans_Their_Cars_and_Us/

Btw with iPlayer its perfectly fine for you to watch anything there as long as its not a live stream from the TV. :whistling:

You dont have it in GB, dont you ? I love it from time to time but I know that many people just find the taste
disgusting. :confused::D

It depends where you live in Germany how strict they are with this but mowing the lawn with a lawn mower
on Sunday ? :cautious:
Better not, anywhere in Germany........ :laugh:

Ah, thats cool, I will install the player on my computer and download the new episode.
I really enjoy watching these videos, always interesting to learn how people outside of Germany think of us. :tup:

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
You dont have it in GB, dont you ? I love it from time to time but I know that many people just find the taste
disgusting. :confused::D

It depends where you live in Germany how strict they are with this but mowing the lawn with a lawn mower
on Sunday ? :cautious:
Better not, anywhere in Germany........ :laugh:

Ah, thats cool, I will install the player on my computer and download the new episode.
I really enjoy watching these videos, always exciting to learn what people outside of Germany think about us.

I suppose its there if you want it but its not so common, what is it boiled cabbage? :confused:

Was alot stricter in the past, still no mowers or washing on the line i kid you not! :eek: Not as bad now though now less extreme, i just like it as a chill out day. :)

Its about the German car industry and the now ahem non existent UK one. Lots of good documentaries on BBC4. :tup:

Last edited:

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
I suppose its there if you want it but its not so common, what is it boiled cabbage? :confused:

Was alot stricter in the past, still no mowers or washing on the line i kid you not! :eek: Not as bad now though now less extreme, i just like it as a chill out day. :)

Its about the German car industry and the now ahem non existent UK one. Lots of good documentaries on BBC4. :tup:

No, its not boiled, its pickled cabbage. ;)
But it should be served hot, together with smoked pork chop and potatos or mashed potatoes. I like it :)

Same here and especially if you live in rural areas.
In larger cities they dont care anymore, no mowers on Sunday but washing on the line can be found everywhere.....

BBC is well known for their outstanding documentaries, way ahead of our public television. :tup:
I wonder what they are doing with all the money they get from us.... (50 Euros each quartile) :rolleyes:

Some surprising results so far. Hertha won 6-1 against Frankfurt, Bremen with an undeserved 1-0 win at Braunschweig and Dortmund with a 4-0 victory at Augsburg.
Hamburg at Schalke tonight, I dont have a good feeling about this....:cautious:

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
No, its not boiled, its pickled cabbage. ;)
But it should be served hot, together with smoked pork chop and potatos or mashed potatoes. I like it
:)

Same here and especially if you live in rural areas.
In larger cities they dont care anymore, no mowers on Sunday but washing on the line can be found everywhere.....

BBC is well known for their outstanding documentaries, way ahead of our public television. :tup:
I wonder what they are doing with all the money they get from us.... (50 Euros each quartile) :rolleyes:

Some surprising results so far. Hertha won 6-1 against Frankfurt, Bremen with an undeserved 1-0 win at Braunschweig and Dortmund with a 4-0 victory at Augsburg.
Hamburg at Schalke tonight, I dont have a good feeling about this....:cautious:

Its got a not so good press Sauerkraut over here, (the name does not help.) But from your description it sounds ok. Or is that more the other foods with it? ;)

Exactly the same here. :)

They take money off you also? Every household in the UK needs a TV license just to watch any channel its all to fund the BBC. Although their content is sometimes quite good its not right, they should be like every other station and fund themselves.

Oh dear, brace yourself it will all be over very soon. :ninja: Btw i tried HSV on FM 2013, after a reasonable start turned into nightmare. V'dVaart injured for 6 months and no money for players. :eek::)

Last edited:

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Its got a not so good press Sauerkraut over here, (the name does not help.) But from your description it sounds ok. Or is that more the other foods with it? ;)

Exactly the same here. :)

They take money off you also? Every household in the UK needs a TV license just to watch any channel its all to fund the BBC.
Although their content is sometimes quite good its not right, they should be like every other station and fund themselves.

Oh dear, brace yourself it will all be over very soon. :ninja: Btw i tried HSV on FM 2013, after a reasonable start turned into nightmare. V'dVaart injured for 6 months and no money for players. :eek::)

Yes, we have to pay for it too. I guess its not much different from your TV license system.
Not to mention that you have to pay an additional amount of 17 Euros per month for Cable TV if you dont like to buy and install a satellite dish.

Sounds like its close to reality :D
Btw - 36 minutes played, s04-Hamburg 1-2 at the moment. Much better than expected so far. But its Hamburg, I better dont count my chickens before they're hatched.....:cautious:

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Yes, we have to pay for it too. I guess its not much different from your TV license system.
Not to mention that you have to pay an additional amount of 17 Euros per month for Cable TV if you dont like to buy and install a satellite dish.

Sounds like its close to reality :D
Btw - 36 minutes played, s04-Hamburg 1-2 at the moment. Much better than expected so far. But its Hamburg, I better dont count my chickens before they're hatched.....
:cautious:

Thats what i thought too. :speechless:
Excellent yeah no chicken counting just yet, hold on and get the 3 points! :cool: **** 2-2 Bah!

Last edited:

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not bad, you would have taken that at kickoff. :tup:
Thats exactly what I thought after the final whistle although we led twice.
Entertaining game because both defenses played terrible and therefore both sides had many chances to score.
Anyway - one point at Schalke was more than I expected.:tup::)

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Thats exactly what I thought after the final whistle although we led twice.
Entertaining game because both defenses played terrible and therefore both sides had many chances to score.
Anyway - one point at Schalke was more than I expected.
:tup::)

When i saw it going to 2-2 i had the feeling there may be a couple more goals in it.

Btw i had another read of last months 4-4-2 didn't realize you guys have in the past won the cup winners cup. Only one more needed for the treble - The Europa League, its a long shot i know but in theory you can still do it so many others can't. ;)

Last edited:

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
When i saw it going to 2-2 i had the feeling there may be a couple more goals in it.

Btw i had another read of last months 4-4-2 didn't realize you guys have in the past won the cup winners cup. Only one more needed for the treble - The Europa League, its a long shot i know but in theory you can still do it so many others can't. ;)

Yeah, we were quite successful but then we decided to give everybody else a chance to win something.
Sounds familiar, doesnt it ? ;)
To be serious -Im afraid we missed our chance for a very long time after having lost our semi-finals in 2009 and 2010.
And Fulham still hurts more than the loss against Bremen the year before because we would have had a final in our own stadium. Im sure we would have won this final. :(
Anyway - hope we will return to Europe soon, I miss watching international football games and travelling with my team.

Btw - look what I found today in a local food store just around the corner.

Thats embarrassing, who had the silly idea to sell our crest to be printed on crisps bags, pretzel sticks or toffees? :rolleyes:

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Yeah, we were quite successful but then we decided to give everybody else a chance to win something.
Sounds familiar, doesnt it ?
;)
To be serious -Im afraid we missed our chance for a very long time after having lost our semi-finals in 2009 and 2010.
And Fulham still hurts more than the loss against Bremen the year before because we would have had a final in our own stadium. Im sure we would have won this final. :(
Anyway - hope we will return to Europe soon, I miss watching international football games and travelling with my team.

Btw - look what I found today in a local food store just around the corner.

Thats embarrassing, who had the silly idea to sell our crest to be printed on crisps bags, pretzel sticks or toffees? :rolleyes:

Ive got a really short memory theses days, but i'm sure i heard that earlier today somewhere else. ;)

Was that the Europa League run where Fulham got to the Final? if so nightmare that would have been a great chance.
:(
Btw speaking of finals i watched the 80 ECF highlights against Forest on you tube a few days ago, man you guys were robbed if not for Shilton you would have won easy. I like sometimes seeing those old finals again i watched as a boy.

Ha! you know its gonna taste better with the Badge on it. :cool:

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ive got a really short memory theses days, but i'm sure i heard that earlier today somewhere else. ;)

Was that the Europa League run where Fulham got to the Final? if so nightmare that would have been a great chance.
:(
Btw speaking of finals i watched the 80 ECF highlights against Forest on you tube a few days ago, man you guys were robbed if not for Shilton you would have won easy. I like sometimes seeing those old finals again i watched as a boy.

Ha! you know its gonna taste better with the Badge on it. :cool:

Yepp, and the year before we were kicked out by Werder, at home ! A nightmare. :tdown::x3:
Instead of us Fulham played against Atletico Madrid, in our own stadium :rolleyes:
But could have been worse, just remember Bayern losing against Chelsea at home in 2012 ;)

We played the Europa-League semi-finals two times in a row and never made it to the finals, thats devasting.
I wont say that time will heal all wounds but I must admit I enjoyed my trip to Craven Cottage anyway.

Me too, always nice memories :)
I guess Peter Shilton was the best English goalkeeper of all time ?! Didnt he play until he was in his forties ?

I do have my doubts but perhaps I should give it a try :D

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts