Fußball-Bundesliga

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Its a nice shirt but not worth paying full price

When i was down last there was alot of Hibs/Hearts gear in the stores, could be that the new shirts haven't been officially released yet. But all the same disappointing there was none of last years gear still going. Here of all places you would think they would have had a decent range of Scotland gear. :rolleyes:

I've been on the rail bridge once, was a nice change from the boring road bridge . Here it is at night. ;)

Those bells look ancient, real old school.

Nice picture, impressive bridge and because of the red colour it reminds me a little bit of Golden Gate Bridge ;)
Just back in Hamburg, unfortunately another trip that is over too soon :(

Just to prove Im not telling stories ( ;) ) - here some impressions from Easter Road, closed store first: :rolleyes:

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

And Easter Road Stadium views from Arthurs Seat:

View from streets around the stadium:

Ah...I shouldnt forget to mention that I've learned that Haggis can fly :eek::D

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Nice picture, impressive bridge and because of the red colour it reminds me a little bit of Golden Gate Bridge ;)
Just back in Hamburg, unfortunately another trip that is over too soon :(

Just to prove Im not telling stories ( ;) ) - here some impressions from Easter Road, closed store first: :rolleyes:

And Easter Road Stadium views from Arthurs Seat:

View from streets around the stadium:

Ah...I shouldnt forget to mention that I've learned that Haggis can fly :eek::D

Never doubted you for a moment! ;) Hope you enjoyed the visit and i'm glad the weather behaved, be sure and come back soon. One of my friends was near Dortmund one time and went to BVBs stadium to pick up a thing or two, but alas like you at Easter Road it was shut on that day also bummer. :rolleyes: Never been to Hibs ground but it looks really good since they developed it.

Flying Haggis nice! :cool:

Edit : I don't get it keeping him one more season then to loose him for nothing. They should have let him go to FCB or whoever else for big bucks already, one word wow!
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...bert-Lewandowski-join-Bayern-Munich-year.html

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Never doubted you for a moment! ;) Hope you enjoyed the visit and i'm glad the weather behaved, be sure and come back soon. One of my friends was near Dortmund one time and went to BVBs stadium to pick up a thing or two, but alas like you at Easter Road it was shut on that day also bummer. :rolleyes: Never been to Hibs ground but it looks really good since they developed it.

Flying Haggis nice! :cool:

Edit : I don't get it keeping him one more season then to loose him for nothing. They should have let him go to FCB or whoever else for big bucks already, one word wow!
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...bert-Lewandowski-join-Bayern-Munich-year.html

I'll be back as soon as possible, enjoyed this trip so much.
But next time we should travel during off peak season, the Royal Mile was so overcrowed, especially by Italians :eek::D
And travelling offseason means that football we be played, I wont travel Edingburgh again without visiting a Hibs or Hearts game.... ;)

Edit: beside the fact that Haggis can fly I also learned how to pronounce McEwans correctly.
I had multiple "lessons" in different pubs :D
Sometimes not that easy for us non-native English speakers....
Or another, quite difficult example - Firth of Forth :confused::roflmao:

They give up more than 30m Euros for only one more season with Lewandowski, this move by Dormund surprises me
too :eek::rolleyes:

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
I'll be back as soon as possible, enjoyed this trip so much.
But next time we should travel during off peak season, the Royal Mile was so overcrowed, especially by Italians :eek::D
And travelling offseason means that football we be played, I wont travel Edingburgh again without visiting a Hibs or Hearts game.... ;)

Edit: beside the fact that Haggis can fly I also learned how to pronounce McEwans correctly.
I had multiple "lessons" in different pubs :D
Sometimes not that easy for us non-native English speakers....
Or another, quite difficult example - Firth of Forth :confused::roflmao:

They give up more than 30m Euros for only one more season with Lewandowski, this move by Dormund surprises me
too :eek::rolleyes:

Good idea shame there was not one on this time, i can imagine the place was packed with visitors believe me its even worse at the Festival time i've been there then too busy for me. Off peak is a good time far less people, providing you can endure the normal service weather. :rolleyes:

Ha yeah hope it was not too bad as you know so many things are pronounced different from how you write it. MacYouWans and the FUrth ov Forth they no doubt kept you on the right track! ;)

There must be some kind of method in their decision, but i'm struggling to find it.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good idea shame there was not one on this time, i can imagine the place was packed with visitors believe me its even worse at the Festival time i've been there then too busy for me. Off peak is a good time far less people, providing you can endure the normal service weather. :rolleyes:

Ha yeah hope it was not too bad as you know so many things are pronounced different from how you write it. MacYouWans and the FUrth ov Forth they no doubt kept you on the right track! ;)

There must be some kind of method in their decision, but i'm struggling to find it.

No question, I couldnt stand it as well, too many people although this festival is well known all over the world and I would be quite interested to see a concert or a play but not under these circumstances.

Normal service weather for Scotland? I guess it must be rain, when you watch our weather forecast on TV they are always talking about a depression coming down from Scotland.... :rolleyes::D
I'm quite weather resistant but constant rain wouldnt be fun :mad:

No, I love to learn new things and I had so much fun - especially when visiting pubs and just by listening to people.
Just like the Scottish accent, ........grrrrrreyd.....(great).....lots of rolling R's....:confused:
But I would never try to imitate a foreign accent, thats ridiculous and not authentic.
Just love to listen to it. :)

edit: Gomez signs for Fiorentina !
Sorry for you, Croak !

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
No question, I couldnt stand it as well, too many people although this festival is well known all over the world and I would be quite interested to see a concert or a play but not under these circumstances.

Normal service weather for Scotland? I guess it must be rain, when you watch our weather forecast on TV they are always talking about a depression coming down from Scotland.... :rolleyes::D
I'm quite weather resistant but constant rain wouldnt be fun :mad:

No, I love to learn new things and I had so much fun - especially when visiting pubs and just by listening to people.
Just like the Scottish accent, ........grrrrrreyd.....(great).....lots of rolling R's....:confused:
But I would never try to imitate a foreign accent, thats ridiculous and not authentic.
Just love to listen to it. :)

edit: Gomez signs for Fiorentina !
Sorry for you, Croak !

Its nice if you like that kind of thing good for the artsy types.

Well in the winter where i live lots of rain high winds, and short days we get everything straight off the Atlantic. :ninja:
So summer as you can imagine is great when it decides to appear. :cool:

I can do a passable Australian accent i bame the Mad Max movies. ;)

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry: But we knew it was coming. Mandzukic better deliver or there are gonna be a lot of angry FCB fans.
He will deliver and next year Lewandowski joins Bayern and they arguably will have on of the bestforward lines in Europe. ;)
Btw - Hoeneß is in deep trouble now, looks like the public prosecutors will bring charges against Hoeneß because of his tax evasion.
That means his voluntary declaration came too late and/or was wrong and now its quite likely that they will sentence him to prison although I still expect that he or his lawyers somehow will find a loophole in the law :eek::rolleyes:

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Its nice if you like that kind of thing good for the artsy types.

Well in the winter where i live lots of rain high winds, and short days we get everything straight off the Atlantic. :ninja:
So summer as you can imagine is great when it decides to appear. :cool:

I can do a passable Australian accent i bame the Mad Max movies. ;)
Australian is another funny accent I like very much.
I never watched the original Mad Max movies, only the German version.
But Mel Gibson is Amercian, isnt he ? I didnt expect him to speak an Australian accent :eek::D

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Australian is another funny accent I like very much.
I never watched the original Mad Max movies, only the German version.
But Mel Gibson is Amercian, isnt he ? I didnt expect him to speak an Australian accent :eek::D

Yeah its one of my favourite ones also, that and the New Zealand one. He is American but also very much Australian, he and his family moved to Australia when he was young, when he likes he can talk fluent Aussie. In all his early films he is including the Mad Max ones (in English) i never knew he was American until much later. :eek:

Revenge Decisions, Decisions.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah its one of my favourite ones also, that and the New Zealand one. He is American but also very much Australian, he and his family moved to Australia when he was young, when he likes he can talk fluent Aussie. In all his early films he is including the Mad Max ones (in English) i never knew he was American until much later. :eek:

Revenge Decisions, Decisions.
Funny, because I only know his synchronized "German" voice. So hearing him speaking with his original voice sounds very strange to me.
Its like as if this voice doesnt fit to him because I do have a different one in mind when I think of him :D
Thats his German voice since I know him... ;)
Epic movie......before he unfortunately went crazy, another sad story because he was one of my favourite actors :rolleyes:

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Funny, because I only know his synchronized "German" voice. So hearing him speaking with his original voice sounds very strange to me.
Its like as if this voice doesnt fit to him because I do have a different one in mind when I think of him :D
Thats his German voice since I know him... ;)

Epic movie......before he unfortunately went crazy, another sad story because he was one of my favourite actors :rolleyes:

Ahh right i get you, to me the synche'd version sounds and looks equally as strange. But it would as i only know the English language version. When i'm watching a foreign language film i much prefer it to be un-synche'd but with english subtitles more authentic i think. Thats the way i liked Das Boot and Lola Rennt both amazing movies. :tup:

I still quite like him even though he may well be slightly bonkers now. I blame genetics, his father who still lives in Australia is a extreme religious type who also has a screw loose somewhere.

Well, this season Mr. Fink will have to deliver a European starting place.
No more excuses :mad:
http://www.hsv.de/en/season/meldungen/bundesliga/july-2013/we-are-on-the-right-track/

So what do you think realistically, see how well he does then decide. Or sack him now and get someone else in?

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ahh right i get you, to me the synche'd version sounds and looks equally as strange. But it would as i only know the English language version. When i'm watching a foreign language film i much prefer it to be un-synche'd but with english subtitles more authentic i think. Thats the way i liked Das Boot and Lola Rennt both amazing movies. :tup:

I still quite like him even though he may well be slightly bonkers now. I blame genetics, his father who still lives in Australia is a extreme religious type who also has a screw loose somewhere.

So what do you think realistically, see how well he does then decide. Or sack him now and get someone else in?

I were really shocked when reading all these stories about his anti-semitic remarks.
He is talking bulls*** and its not acceptable. And from the professional point of view its stupid, there are so many jewish companies in Hollywood, it will be very difficult for him to make a comeback in Hollywood.
Anyway - Braveheart, The Patriot or especially the Lethal Weapon Series (you cant imagine how often I've watched every film :rolleyes::D ) are still on my "All-Time Favourite Movies" list !

To be honest - I like T.Fink, he is quite a nice guy. But thats not what counts.
He is in charge since two years and I'm still missing a concept, a system of modern football.
Having 55 % ball possession every single game but not creating enough goal scoring chances cant be the final solution for us.
He implements tactics that Bayern used to play in the 90's when Fink played for Bayern. All about ball possession and most of the game takes place around the halfway line. Boooooring, like the Spanish tiki-taka-blahblah-football. :rolleyes:
But that doesnt work anymore and there is another major problem - Bayern had world class players those days who where good enough to score because of their individual class. We dont.
And nowadays football is different, its a vertical game with quick passes, like its played by Dortmund or the German National team.

We cant sack him anymore, its too late at this time of the year - it should have happened right after the last season.
The Executive board has clearly made a statement that after this season they expect to qualifiy for Europe.
I do have my doubts because of the lack of any modern, tactical system.
I expect us finishing somewhere between 7 and 12.
Hopefully I'm wrong but if not another manager should get his chance.

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
I were really shocked when reading all these stories about his anti-semitic remarks.
He is talking bulls*** and its not acceptable. And from the professional point of view its stupid, there are so many jewish companies in Hollywood, it will be very difficult for him to make a comeback in Hollywood.
Anyway - Braveheart, The Patriot or especially the Lethal Weapon Series (you cant imagine how often I've watched every film :rolleyes::D ) are still on my "All-Time Favourite Movies" list !

To be honest - I like T.Fink, he is quite a nice guy. But thats not what counts.
He is in charge since two years and I'm still missing a concept, a system of modern football.
Having 55 % pall possession every single game but not creating enough goal scoring chances cant be the final solution for us.
He implements tactics that Bayern used to play in the 90's when Fink played for Bayern. All about ball possession and most of the game takes place around the halfway line. Boooooring, like the Spanish tiki-taka-blahblah-football. :rolleyes:
But that doesnt work anymore and there is another major problem - Bayern had world class players those days who where good enough to score because of their individual class. We dont.
And nowadays football is different, its a vertical game with quick passes, like its played by Dortmund or the German National team.

We cant sack him anymore, its too late at this time of the year - it should have happened right after the last season.
The Executive board has clearly made a statement that after this season they expect to qualifiy for Europe.
I do have my doubts because of the lack of any modern, tactical system.
I expect us finishing somewhere between 7 and 12.
Hopefully I'm wrong but if not another manager should get his chance.

I think those extreme views stem from his father, who as i said is a religious zealot who basically holds the **** to blame for Christs death. Unacceptable? absolutely, we all know where that type of thinking ended. Gibson has also been diagnosed with a mental condition and that is also part of his his problem. His remarks were a career killer, what goes around comes around. Its sad because he's a very good actor, and also very funny but that's way it is.

Oh dear from that i don't hold much hope for Fink, from your description he sounds like a bit of a relic. Ball possession is all well and good providing you have a cutting edge to get you the three points, yep short passing and high tempo is where the top teams are all the top coaches have a game plan and are highly tactical. Those without one are going to fail.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think those extreme views stem from his father, who as i said is a religious zealot who basically holds the **** to blame for Christs death. Unacceptable? absolutely, we all know where that type of thinking ended. Gibson has also been diagnosed with a mental condition and that is also part of his his problem. His remarks were a career killer, what goes around comes around. Its sad because he's a very good actor, and also very funny but that's way it is.

Oh dear from that i don't hold much hope for Fink, from your description he sounds like a bit of a relic. Ball possession is all well and good providing you have a cutting edge to get you the three points, yep short passing and high tempo is where the top teams are all the top coaches have a game plan and are highly tactical. Those without one are going to fail.

There are many religious groups with extreme positions in the US, I sometimes wonder if they have realized that its 2013 already ?
Christian fundamentalism is still growing there. Strange, isnt it ? :confused:
I really like this country. I've travelled it a lot, I was even there for a school exchange program when I was young but this country surprises me again and again.
Btw - my guest family lived in an old church that was used as a home.
Bedrooms where in the former bell tower, I was confused when I arrived but had a wonderful time....

Anyway, back to really important topics in life - football for example ;)
I expect him to fail, why should they suddenly start to play football after having wasted two years without any progression. I simply dont have any idea., maybe when pigs fly.....? (We have a similar say - "Wenn Schweine fliegen könnten" means not very likely to happen ;) )

Lunch break now, I will have a short walk to our HSV City Store to check if they have the new Away shirt in stock and how it looks in real.... :)

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score

There are many religious groups with extreme positions in the US, I sometimes wonder if they have realized that its 2013 already ?
I really like this country. I've travelled it a lot, I was even there for a school exchange program when I was young but this country surprises me again and again.
Bedrooms where in the former bell tower, I was confused when I arrived but had a wonderful time....

I expect him to fail, why should they suddenly start to play football after having wasted two years without any progression. I simply dont have any idea., maybe when pigs fly.....? (We have a similar say - "Wenn Schweine fliegen könnten" means not very likely to happen ;) )

Lunch break now, I will have a short walk to our HSV City Store to check if they have the new Away shirt in stock and how it looks in real.... :)

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score

I don't have any problem with Christianity or any other faith, as long as they keep to the real message of their beliefs. Those that don' t always end up as fringe crackpots. Ive come to the conclusion that some humans are too stupid to know the difference.

Watch out low flying Pig!!! yeah thats a good one its the same in english.

BTW if your up for it, if there is ever a Chelsea or Scotland issue of 11 Freunde id do a swap for it with you in return that months 4-4-2. Maybe it could help me in trying to improve my German. ;)

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't have any problem with Christianity or any other faith, as long as they keep to the real message of their beliefs. Those that don' t always end up as fringe crackpots. Ive come to the conclusion that some humans are too stupid to know the difference.

Watch out low flying Pig!!! yeah thats a good one its the same in english.

BTW if your up for it, if there is ever a Chelsea or Scotland issue of 11 Freunde id do a swap for it with you in return that months 4-4-2. Maybe it could help me in trying to improve my German. ;)

And thanks to my season tickets I'll be there if they fly ;):D

Thats a great idea, PackerFan71 ! :tup:
But I assume a Chelsea edition is more likely, especially because of the return of Jose M. ;)

Talking about 11 Freunde reminds me of this story I just found on their website:

http://www.11freunde.de/artikel/red-bull-new-york-kauft-ungeliebte-fangesaenge

To understand the topic there is an article in English
http://www.sportsgrid.com/soccer/new-york-red-bulls-paying-fans-to-stop-chanting-you-suck-*******/

Funny, and hey, thats football.
And chanting "Arschl***, Wix***, Hu*****" is still quite common in German stadiums.
I think you can guess the english words for it ?:D

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
And thanks to my season tickets I'll be there if they fly ;):D

Thats a great idea, PackerFan71 ! :tup:
But I assume a Chelsea edition is more likely, especially because of the return of Jose M. ;)

Talking about 11 Freunde reminds me of this story I just found on their website:

http://www.11freunde.de/artikel/red-bull-new-york-kauft-ungeliebte-fangesaenge

To understand the topic there is an article in English
http://www.sportsgrid.com/soccer/new-york-red-bulls-paying-fans-to-stop-chanting-you-suck-*******/

Funny, but hey, thats football.
And chanting "Arschl***, Wix***, Hu*****" is still quite common, I think you can guess the english words for it ?:D

Cool ill keep an eye out for other HSV and German football related 4-4-2 stuff also.

Thats funny sooo American, they are always copying the european supporters :D but i see no harm in it i've heard things no doubt as you have that are 100 times worse than that. To try and bribe fans from doing it seems futile and lame.

Yep i catch your drift on the chanting words. :D

Another one from the IRN BRU people.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cool ill keep an eye out for other HSV and German football related 4-4-2 stuff also.

Thats funny sooo American, they are always copying the european supporters :D but i see no harm in it i've heard things no doubt as you have that are 100 times worse than that. To try and bribe fans from doing it seems futile and lame.

Yep i catch your drift on the chanting words. :D

Another one from the IRN BRU people.

Yepp :D
And its O.K., for 90 minutes its allowed to call the opponents goalkeeper an assh****, why not ?
A football stadium is not the best place and not the right place for politcal correctness.
What do you think what happened when the former Werder Bremen goalkeeper Tim Wiese played in front of us Hamburg fans ?
Or Bayerns goalkeeper Oliver Kahn, we even threw bananas at him :rolleyes::D
But dont get me wrong and I know we both have similar views on this - there are limits. Racism and violence do not belong to football.

:roflmao: Awesome, great commercials and ads. :tup:
Btw - I brought some bottles of Irn Bru with me back home. :)

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Yepp :D
And its O.K., for 90 minutes its allowed to call the opponents goalkeeper an assh****, why not ?
A football stadium is not the best place and not the right place for politcal correctness.
What do you think what happened when the former Werder Bremen goalkeeper Tim Wiese played in front of us Hamburg fans ?
Or Bayerns goalkeeper Oliver Kahn, we even threw bananas at him :rolleyes::D
But dont get me wrong and I know we both have similar views on this - there are limits. Racism and violence do not belong to football.

:roflmao: Awesome, great commercials and ads. :tup:
Btw - I brought some bottles of Irn Bru with me back home. :)

Yep its a release valve for alot of people, and its fine up to a point. The Old Firm game is on another level however, utter madness some of the songs sung there are not good about religious bigotry etc. That to me is beyond the pale.

Kahn was an obvious target for opposition fans i never liked him, he always seemed have a bad attitude some of these players rightly or otherwise bring it on themselves. I don't know Tim Wiese but googled him, i bet you all gave him a thunderous round of applause and shouted come on Tim! :roflmao: Seems that he plays for Team Plastic now. :rolleyes:

Good keep them cold and have them with ice cubes on a hot day. :tup: Could have done with some IRN BRU today really warm. :cool:

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yep its a release valve for alot of people, and its fine up to a point. The Old Firm game is on another level however, utter madness some of the songs sung there are not good about religious bigotry etc. That to me is beyond the pale.

Kahn was an obvious target for opposition fans i never liked him, he always seemed have a bad attitude some of these players rightly or otherwise bring it on themselves. I don't know Tim Wiese but googled him, i bet you all gave him a thunderous round of applause and shouted come on Tim! :roflmao: Seems that he plays for Team Plastic now. :rolleyes:

Good keep them cold and have them with ice cubes on a hot day. :tup: Could have done with some IRN BRU today really warm. :cool:

Cant stand him, pink Goalkeeper shirt, long, gelled hair - he is such an a**h****. :mad::D
You are right, Hoffenhim signed him but sorted him out last season. Now he is warming their bench for 3.5 m Euros per year :rolleyes:

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Cant stand him, pink Goalkeeper shirt, long, gelled hair - he is such an a**h****. :mad::D
You are right, Hoffenhim signed him but sorted him out last season. Now he is warming their bench for 3.5 m Euros per year :rolleyes:

What a combination, long hair and a pink shirt, back in the day he would have got booted from the club for that. Thats pretty sick getting paid that kind of money for sitting on his rear end.

BTW remember the Ross County fans with the shoes? i know what they were doing now. Apparently its ''Shoes off if you hate........................'' insert team/player. :laugh:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts