Fußball-Bundesliga

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
At least you saw 7 goals and one hilarious own goal by Ter Stegen :rolleyes::D
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

How was the atmosphere ? On TV I saw many people wearing Germany shirts though the majority of fans obviously supported the US team.
Didnt know that this was a special game because of the Centennial celebration.

The atmosphere was OK. There were a lot of Germany fans there, but they were scattered all throughout the stadium and didn't really have one concentrated section. Compared to what I've seen of European Soccer and Bundesliga games it was rather subdued. The Americans haven't learned how to sing through the games and do any common cheer other than the repetitive and boring "U.S.A. U.S.A." Since it was RFK stadium in Washington we took some harassment after the game from obnoxious drunk U.S.A. fans, but I had a couple of beefy guys with me who handled it quite well. They were yelling how Germany sucks and my son yelled back that their team played well against Germany's second and third string. They kept taunting and he asked them how many World Cups the U.S. has won and they walked away. :tup:

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
At least you saw 7 goals and one hilarious own goal by Ter Stegen :rolleyes::D

How was the atmosphere ? On TV I saw many people wearing Germany shirts though the majority of fans obviously supported the US team.
Didnt know that this was a special game because of the Centennial celebration.

Funny, at least Stegen made an attempt to save it. This for me is the best ive seen i laughed and laughed and laughed.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Funny, at least Stegen made an attempt to save it. This for me is the best ive seen i laughed and laughed and laughed.

Man, how embarrassing! Ter Stegen wasn't that impressive. Every time the ball got near him I held my breath. I couldn't understand why Adler wasn't there. Anyone know? Is he hurt? I thought he was on the National team.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Man, how embarrassing! Ter Stegen wasn't that impressive. Every time the ball got near him I held my breath. I couldn't understand why Adler wasn't there. Anyone know? Is he hurt? I thought he was on the National team.
Adler played against Ecuador and Low wanted to give all three goalkeepers a possibility to get some playing time.
But after the first half he changed his plan and did not replace him by Zieler to give him a chance to do it better.
Thats what they said on TV....

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
The atmosphere was OK. There were a lot of Germany fans there, but they were scattered all throughout the stadium and didn't really have one concentrated section. Compared to what I've seen of European Soccer and Bundesliga games it was rather subdued. The Americans haven't learned how to sing through the games and do any common cheer other than the repetitive and boring "U.S.A. U.S.A." Since it was RFK stadium in Washington we took some harassment after the game from obnoxious drunk U.S.A. fans, but I had a couple of beefy guys with me who handled it quite well. They were yelling how Germany sucks and my son yelled back that their team played well against Germany's second and third string. They kept taunting and he asked them how many World Cups the U.S. has won and they walked away. :tup:

Alot of the fans in the States lack game intelligence, or even know when to shout and cheer on the team. That's not my opinion, its the view of some of the very good US Womens squad. Seems that brainless morons do not just frequent football over here, good comeback show us your medals ha! :D

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Alot of the fans in the States lack game intelligence, or even know when to shout and cheer on the team. That's not my opinion, its the view of some of the very good US Womens squad. Seems that brainless morons do not just frequent football over here, good comeback show us your medals ha! :D

Yup. They started the boring and repititous "U.S.A. U.S.A." chant at the beginning just after the German national anthem while the U.S. Marines were beginning to sing the U.S. National Anthem. That's just disrespectful. The Marines continued and the chant stopped. Some of us in the U.S. were taught manners and respect. Even our Marines stood at attention and saluted the German flag during your anthem. But the morons in the crowd didn't notice.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Lewandowski said things are cleared up for him to now move to the "team of his choice". There's lots of speculation that it's Bayern, but he didn't say. What if he has a lucrative offer from a Premiere League team? He said he wants an bigger challenge. Bayern isn't that much of a bigger challenge than Dortmund. Dortmund to Bayern would be a lateral move, not a move up. So my thoughts are he's looking at an English team. Am I off base?

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lewandowski said things are cleared up for him to now move to the "team of his choice". There's lots of speculation that it's Bayern, but he didn't say. What if he has a lucrative offer from a Premiere League team? He said he wants an bigger challenge. Bayern isn't that much of a bigger challenge than Dortmund. Dortmund to Bayern would be a lateral move, not a move up. So my thoughts are he's looking at an English team. Am I off base?

Hmmm, just read some new articles in different german newspapers and websites and they are all the same - Lewandowski wants to move to Bayern.
Bayern knows they can have him without paying a transfer fee next season and Dortmund has to decide if they want to grab the money that Bayern will offer them or if its more important to them to have him in the squad for another season.
I'm not sure if its really the bigger challenge to stay in Germany and join Bayern or to move to England and play for an EPL team.
But I think playing for Bayern, at the moment arguably the best team in Europe , is a logical step for a 24 yo player who still has room to improve.
He speaks the language, he knows the Bundesliga, Bayern will pay him a salary that wont be (much) less than he could earn in England, he gets a legendary manager and he has world class players around him like Robben, Ribery etc.
To sum it up - I think it sounds like a move up for him and he is still young enough to move to England, Spain or Italy after his contract with Bayern.
My prediction - within the next two weeks Bayern and BVB will agree on his transfer ;)

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Bayern knows they can have him without paying a transfer fee next season and Dortmund has to decide if they want to grab the money that Bayern will offer them or if its more important to them to have him in the squad for another season.

If this is the case based on experience they should flog him off for the highest fee they can get, form is fickle and hard cash is king in the modern game. They would be foolish to keep him for one more season and then lose him for jack,

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
If this is the case based on experience they should flog him off for the highest fee they can get, form is fickle and hard cash is king in the modern game. They would be foolish to keep him for one more season and then lose him for jack,

I still just can't believe Bayern would go after him and all these other guys. They have an excellent team now. Even with the departure of Timo and Gomez, the team is still solid. They just set records all over the place and they want to change it? I just don't get it. Why mess with what works?

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
I still just can't believe Bayern would go after him and all these other guys. They have an excellent team now. Even with the departure of Timo and Gomez, the team is still solid. They just set records all over the place and they want to change it? I just don't get it. Why mess with what works?

Thats what some new coaches do, they bring in their own players and ways of thinking and doing things. No matter if there was a winning formula before, if he's clever he wont alter things too much but he's not in Barca anymore.......................

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score

I think this is a huge challenge, changing things although you have success, not waiting until the team is on the decline.
Thats why they bring in new players and I believe its the right and best way to remain on top of the league and even in Europe.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
You are right and to me there is no doubt that they will sell him to Bayern.
Folks, we are talking about 25 to 30 m Euros ! ;)

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
I think this is a huge challenge, changing things although you have success, not waiting until the team is on the decline.
Thats why they bring in new players and I believe its the right and best way to remain on top of the league and even in Europe.

Liverpool FC of the 70s up until about 1990 were the kings of continuity, i hated them but admired how they went about things. They changed managers several times (but always in-house) the backroom stayed the same, and they had the knack of knowing when a player was passed it and moving him on at a profit. They also bought wisely when they won big trophys. This all stopped when Graeme Souness arrived and changed things far too quickly, they haven't been anywhere near as good since. Not that im complaining. :D

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Lewandowski has been blocked by Dortmund from transferring to Bayern. Dortmund is going to swallow the 25 - 30 million euros. Can't say I'm too upset. After the cheap shots he took on Bayern players in the CL Final and the way he stomped on Boateng's ankle while Boateng was down, I don't think he would be good for the chemistry in the clubhouse at Bayern. That means Mandzukic and Pizarro can handle the striker position. If Tony Kroos gets healthy there is another. Goetze is midfield isn't he?

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Lewandowski has been blocked by Dortmund from transferring to Bayern. Dortmund is going to swallow the 25 - 30 million euros. Can't say I'm too upset. After the cheap shots he took on Bayern players in the CL Final and the way he stomped on Boateng's ankle while Boateng was down, I don't think he would be good for the chemistry in the clubhouse at Bayern. That means Mandzukic and Pizarro can handle the striker position. If Tony Kroos gets healthy there is another. Goetze is midfield isn't he?

They have already sold one of their prize assets to Bayern perhaps they are getting cold feet about selling another to such a close rival, understandable. The deal to Bayern is no doubt only on hold for now while the seek out other suitors to take him. Either way they would be mad to hold onto him for just one more season.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
They have already sold one of their prize assets to Bayern perhaps they are getting cold feet about selling another to such a close rival, understandable. The deal to Bayern is no doubt only on hold for now while the seek out other suitors to take him. Either way they would be mad to hold onto him for just one more season.

I read that Man U might be interested in him. Perhaps Dortmund would give him his release. Don't get me wrong. I think he has good skills on the field amd good character off. But I don't like how he behaved on the pitch each time they played Bayern. He would do just enough dirty play to keep from getting caught. I don't think that fits with this Bayern team.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score

Yepp, he is, usually he plays midfield just behind the striker.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is one possibility or its just part of the transfer negotiations....? ;)
Anyway - time will tell, will be interesting to hear about Lewandowskis reaction on this decision.

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
This is one possibility or its just part of the transfer negotiations....? ;)
Anyway - time will tell, will be interesting to hear about Lewandowskis reaction on this decision.

I think he's laughing either way, bumper payoff or bumper signing on fee. Its Dortmund that are taking the hit if they keep him, id want a return if i was them. This we will keep him and let him join Bayern or anyone else next year makes no sense. It very much sounds like the usual bluff and stall of negotiations. :tup:

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think he's laughing either way, bumper payoff or bumper signing on fee. Its Dortmund that are taking the hit if they keep him, id want a return if i was them. This we will keep him and let him join Bayern or anyone else next year makes no sense. It very much sounds like the usual bluff and stall of negotiations. :tup:

Chelsea, ManU and Arsenal back in the race for Lewandowski ?! ;)
http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...ert-lewandowski-to-bayern-munich-8651886.html

Still do have my doubts that Dortmund would give up 25 m Euros just to keep him in Dortmund for another year.
Of course they do prefer selling him to a team outside the country but what if Lewandowski refuses and insists on a transfer to Bayern ? ;)

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Chelsea, ManU and Arsenal back in the race for Lewandowski ?! ;)
http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...ert-lewandowski-to-bayern-munich-8651886.html

Still do have my doubts that Dortmund would give up 25 m Euros just to keep him in Dortmund for another year.
Of course they do prefer selling him to a team outside the country but what if Lewandowski refuses and insists on a transfer to Bayern ? ;)

I know there are so many variables in such a situation like this. If your Dortmund you don't really want to sell to Bayern as a predator rival team, on the other hand Lewandowski might just say stuff it, i'm not playing any more until you give me a move i want. Bottom line for BVB, get as much lolly for him as they can. Ideally the Premiership or some other league. He's only one player.

Btw id be happy if Chelsea took him he's lightning fast.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Bayern announced that they would let Mario Gomez go for $25 million. There ya go Nessie, Hamburg can scoop him up since it seems the Italian teams are stalling.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bayern announced that they would let Mario Gomez go for $25 million. There ya go Nessie, Hamburg can scoop him up since it seems the Italian teams are stalling.
No doubt he would improve our game and if we would talk about 5m $ it could be worth a try but Hamburg cant afford him, 25m $ are way too much money for a team like Hamburg :confused:;)
Looks like Gomez is moving to Florenz ?

Btw - your special friend Boateng has been voted the Bundesliga No.1 centre back by kicker sport magazine ! :eek:;)
Dante is number 2, Subotic 3, van Buyten 4, Hummels 5
http://www.kicker.de/news/fussball/.../2/slideshow_boateng_top-im-bayern-block.html

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
This pic made me do a double take, i wonder if he was any good? BVB could be in need of a Striker soon. ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts