Fußball-Bundesliga

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
O.K. guys, I know its a litte off topic but just wanted to let you know that - surprise, surprise - Germany is the most popular country in the world.... :eek::p

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-22624104
And we all know - the BBC cant be wrong.... ;)

Gowd don't get me started on the BBC if you only knew..............:mad: But it cant be that popular you guys dont have so much Haggis Whisky and Kilts. ;)

Nice Quote from the great man Mr Stein and so true, a giant of football.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Gowd don't get me started on the BBC if you only knew..............:mad: But it cant be that popular you guys dont have so much Haggis Whisky and Kilts. ;)

Nice Quote from the great man Mr Stein and so true, a giant of football.

O.K.....I have to admit there is no better Whisky on earth than Scotch and this is something we dont have.
But instead Haggis we do have "Saumagen" (stuffed pigs stomach:sick: ) and as you know there is a funny tribe living in the southern part of Germany, called Bavarians, and they wear "Lederhosen", our Kilts :D
So overall, well deserved win by Germany, thank you BBC ! :p;)

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Great manager, the cirmumstances of his death were tragic but he obviously died where he belonged to - on the football field, at the sideline, coaching and managing his team !
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/uk-world-news/the-night-big-jock-stein-died-1069552

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
O.K.....I have to admit there is no better Whisky on earth than Scotch and this is something we dont have.
But instead Haggis we do have "Saumagen" (stuffed pigs stomach:sick: ) and as you know there is a funny tribe living in the southern part of Germany, called Bavarians, and they wear "Lederhosen", our Kilts :D

Great manager, the cirmumstances of his death were tragic but he obviously died where he belonged to - on the football field, at the sideline, coaching and managing his team !
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/uk-world-news/the-night-big-jock-stein-died-1069552

Oh that sounds like a good comparison ill bet its delicious. ;)
I like all those national costumes and traditions country's have. Fantastic a bit like something from Monty Python. :)
Germany's cool, BBC yuck i not like them. :mad::p

Btw ironically on the day of the real Champions League final i finally won the FM 2013 Version with Celtic, Beat Athletico Madrid 3-1 on Pens. Its 2025 and nearly all the players we know are gone and have been recycled. Job done at last! yay!

Stein was the King of Bosses an utter legend. Our Vince Lombardi. Sir Alex is the only one that comes close but he learned from Stein he taught him well. :notworthy:

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score

Here in central Pennsylvania "Dutch Country" stuffed pig's stomach is called "Hog Maw" and boy is it good. Honestly. My Mom used to make it. It's like a giant fat sausage stuffed with potatoes and other goodies. And some of us make Lederhosen look manly. ;)

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here in central Pennsylvania "Dutch Country" stuffed pig's stomach is called "Hog Maw" and boy is it good. Honestly. My Mom used to make it. It's like a giant fat sausage stuffed with potatoes and other goodies. And some of us make Lederhosen look manly. ;)

Well, why do I still have my doubts, Croak ? :D

But to be serious, I guess because of the Potatos I would try it, looks much better than
our Saumagen ! ;)

When I was a little boy wearing Lederhosen was very popular.
Fortunately my parents tried it once or twice and then gave up because they couldnt overcome my resistance :mad::D

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh that sounds like a good comparison ill bet its delicious. ;)
I like all those national costumes and traditions country's have. Fantastic a bit like something from Monty Python. :)
Germany's cool, BBC yuck i not like them. :mad::p

Btw ironically on the day of the real Champions League final i finally won the FM 2013 Version with Celtic, Beat Athletico Madrid 3-1 on Pens. Its 2025 and nearly all the players we know are gone and have been recycled. Job done at last! yay!

Stein was the King of Bosses an utter legend. Our Vince Lombardi. Sir Alex is the only one that comes close but he learned from Stein he taught him well. :notworthy:

In fact me too ;)
This is one example with people wearing traditional costumes from the region where I live, in front of Hamburg Town Hall.

Congrats so now waiting for your next job or still managing Celtic ?
Any offers !? ;)

It may sounds weird but his tragic death certainly makes him even more legend !

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Well, why do I still have my doubts, Croak ? :D

But to be serious, I guess because of the Potatos I would try it, looks much better than
our Saumagen ! ;)

When I was a little boy wearing Lederhosen was very popular.
Fortunately my parents tried it once or twice and then gave up because they couldnt overcome my resistance :mad::D

My favorite dish in Germany was served at a outside cafe in Lutherstadt. It was two big stalks of Asparagus (Spargel) covered with some kind of thick brown sugar sauce. Wow! I had never had anything like it in the states.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
I just read this on Facebook from Jupp;
"Ich übergebe an meinen Nachfolger eine perfekt funktionierende Mannschaft. Dazu ist Mario Götze verpflichtet und Robert Lewandowski wird auch nicht mehr lange auf sich warten lassen!

Does this mean Lewandowski IS coming to Bayern? Oh no......

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
In fact me too ;)
This is one example with people wearing traditional costumes from the region where I live, in front of Hamburg Town Hall.

Congrats so now waiting for your next job or still managing Celtic ?
Any offers !? ;)

It may sounds weird but his tragic death certainly makes him even more legend !

Love it traditional costume, weird and wonderful. :)
Been managing Celtic in game from 2013 - 2025 so far total league dominance winning alot of domestic cups doing well in Europe and finally a Champions League win. And not one job offer???!! i must not be good enough. :confused:

Stein practically won us Word cup qualification that night, we would rather not have qualified and he was still alive. The First coach from the British Isles to win the European Cup or Champions League as it became. As Shankly said ''Jock your immortal now.''

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
I just read this on Facebook from Jupp;
"Ich übergebe an meinen Nachfolger eine perfekt funktionierende Mannschaft. Dazu ist Mario Götze verpflichtet und Robert Lewandowski wird auch nicht mehr lange auf sich warten lassen!

Does this mean Lewandowski IS coming to Bayern? Oh no......

I think nessie is required for a translation....................but i get the gist of it, yep lets buy the opposition! :rolleyes:

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think nessie is required for a translation....................but i get the gist of it, yep lets buy the opposition! :rolleyes:
You are right, thats what usually all the Bayern opponents say - if a team is getting too strong Bayern simply buys their best players. Problem solved ;)

But back on what Yupp said on Twitter: Indeed, Croak, he is saying that Lewandowski will be with Bayern soon. But he is smart enough to leave it open what "soon" means. ;)

Literally he said that he leaves Pep Guardiola a team that works perfect. Gotze is signed and that they wont have to wait very long for Robert Lewandowski to be with them.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
You are right, thats what usually all the Bayern opponents say - if a team is getting too strong Bayern simply buys their best players. Problem solved ;)

But back on what Yupp said on Twitter: Indeed, Croak, he is saying that Lewandowski will be with Bayern soon. But he is smart enough to leave it open what "soon" means. ;)

Literally he said that he leaves Pep Guardiola a team that works perfect. Gotze is signed and that they wont have to wait very long for Robert Lewandowski to be with them.

Being an older guy, I'm naturally resistant to change. We have a saying in the states; "If it ain't broke. Don't fix it." Which basically means you can foul up a perfectly good operation by trying to add too much. First we're losing Jupp. I know Pep is a great coach, but if Jupp wants to coach another year, why not let him? Then we are dumping guys who helped Bayern set records all over the place and bringing in rivals??? This makes me very nervous.

Bayern may shoot themselves in the foot with all these moves. Maybe Hamburg will step up and take their place. ;)

But my wife tells me not to be such a pessimist. I'm working on it.....

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Being an older guy, I'm naturally resistant to change. We have a saying in the states; "If it ain't broke. Don't fix it." Which basically means you can foul up a perfectly good operation by trying to add too much. First we're losing Jupp. I know Pep is a great coach, but if Jupp wants to coach another year, why not let him? Then we are dumping guys who helped Bayern set records all over the place and bringing in rivals??? This makes me very nervous.

Bayern may shoot themselves in the foot with all these moves. Maybe Hamburg will step up and take their place. ;)

If pigs could fly....:D

I can see your point, but I think its a wise move to change things when you are at the peak instead of waiting until everything is going down.
We dont know yet if this will be right and I stick by my prediction that Pep will fail in Munich but its definitely the right decision to do it now.

Anyway, you should listen to your wife ;)

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score

Bayern have always been frustratingly stable i would not worry too much about it. Change is inevitable in life never mind football. Although the rate of change is the key, too much all at once and things can go south pretty pronto. But if i was you id forget about that for now, and just enjoy your teams win. I know i did, the best thing ever as a CFC supporter. That competition is almost impossible to win again a year later.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
ESPN is reporting that Lewandowski IS coming to Bayern. They said Bayern is going to be getting rid of guys; probably Pizzaro and Gomez. :cry: They also said Dante, Boateng and Badstuber are on the bubble. That's some good talent for other teams to snatch up. Hamburg could really stock up if they wanted to. It looks to me like Pep is going to overhaul the defense.

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
ESPN is reporting that Lewandowski IS coming to Bayern. They said Bayern is going to be getting rid of guys; probably Pizzaro and Gomez. :cry: They also said Dante, Boateng and Badstuber are on the bubble. That's some good talent for other teams to snatch up. Hamburg could really stock up if they wanted to. It looks to me like Pep is going to overhaul the defense.

Pizzaro can do what he likes, but i'd take Gomez in a second. Dante and Boateng looked average from what i saw of them.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pizzaro can do what he likes, but but i'd take Gomez in a second. Dante and Boateng looked average from what i saw of them.
Gomez is younger and the better player, no doubt that he easily will find a new team, some weeks ago I read an article were the EPL was named as one of the possibilites where he could land.
Maybe Bayern keeps Pizzarro as a backup for Mandzukic and Lewandowski in case that he really joins Bayern after this season.
And Gotze will be there as well so at least one of them, maybe even both, have to leave Bayern.
But I am pretty sure that Badstuber is going nowwhere.
He just tore his ACL for the second time shortly after he practiced on the pitch for the first time since months.
Bad luck.
I like Dante and Boateng but you may be right - they are average if you compare them with other defenders like Pique or Ramos, but they are both far above average in Bundesliga.
If Hamburg could afford them I would love to see them playing for us, would be a huge improvement.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Pizzaro can do what he likes, but but i'd take Gomez in a second. Dante and Boateng looked average from what i saw of them.

As you know, I'm a big Gomez fan. It breaks my heart to hear he might be leaving, but it seems transfers and loans are quite normal and fluid in the Bundesliga. There doesn't seem to be the expectation that a player stay with a team long term like there is in the NFL.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Gomez is younger and the better player, no doubt that he easily will find a new team, some weeks ago I read an article were the EPL was named as one of the possibilites where he could land.
Maybe Bayern keeps Pizzarro as a backup for Mandzukic and Lewandowski in case that he really joins Bayern after this season.
And Gotze will be there as well so at least one of them, maybe even both, have to leave Bayern.
But I am pretty sure that Badstuber is going nowwhere.
He just tore his ACL for the second time shortly after he practiced on the pitch for the first time since months.
Bad luck.
I like Dante and Boateng but you may be right - they are average if you compare them with other defenders like Pique or Ramos, but they are both far above average in Bundesliga.
If Hamburg could afford them I would love to see them playing for us, would be a huge improvement.

I only saw them real time against the best in Europe, you will know better than me game to game. For example i remember one time a Spurs journeyman defender came to play in Scotland on loan, he looked world class in comparison to the players around him. But he quite clearly wasn't because when he went back to the Premiership he looked exactly what he was, Average at a higher standard.

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
As you know, I'm a big Gomez fan. It breaks my heart to hear he might be leaving, but it seems transfers and loans are quite normal and fluid in the Bundesliga. There doesn't seem to be the expectation that a player stay with a team long term like there is in the NFL.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

Its way different than the NFL in that respect, a much higher turnover of players. Only a select few are what you would call ''franchise elite one teamer's'' Maldini, Scholes, Giggs. etc.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
The Pokal is being played in a couple of days and then less than a month and pre-season starts up. I love this! No 5 month delay to watch soccer again! All of our teams start with a clean slate in just a short time. How awesome is that?

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
The Pokal is being played in a couple of days and then less than a month and pre-season starts up. I love this! No 5 month delay to watch soccer again! All of our teams start with a clean slate in just a short time. How awesome is that?

That's my main gripe with the NFL, whats with the massive nearly half year gap between seasons? Strange, should it really take that long to crank up the monolith again? Cup competitions would be cool to tide us over. Never going to happen though. :rolleyes:

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts