Fußball-Bundesliga

Itkovian

Perpetual Realist
Reaction score
Poor ingolstadt getting destroyed by the officials. A goal for them removed, a goal against them that was offside, allowed.

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
Poor ingolstadt getting destroyed by the officials. A goal for them removed, a goal against them that was offside, allowed.

Watched the whole game... and agreed. There was no foul on Dortmund's own goal, and their first goal was offside. Should have been 1:1.

Itkovian

Perpetual Realist
Reaction score
Watched the whole game... and agreed. There was no foul on Dortmund's own goal, and their first goal was offside. Should have been 1:1.

Yeah. Too bad, that should have been a huge 1 point steal for ingolstadt, if not for the poor officiating. Ingolstadt had BVB flummoxed all day. After that disallowed goal and the mistakenly allowed goal in quick succession it seemed like Ingolstadt lost all hope.

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
Considering we beat Dortmund, Leverkusen, Schalke and Moenchengladbach, we should be higher in the table. We have to beat the Minnows too.

Itkovian

Perpetual Realist
Reaction score
I watched a good chunk of the Koln game. They played really well. I was impressed with how they responded to going 1 down.

Itkovian

Perpetual Realist
Reaction score
On the Bayern end of things, bothered to see Martinez out again, but man oh man did Kimmich play a great game from the RB position.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Considering we beat Dortmund, Leverkusen, Schalke and Moenchengladbach, we should be higher in the table. We have to beat the Minnows too.

The top of the table looks pretty much like what we are used to (except for Hertha) Dortmund, Leverkusen and Schalke. I told Itkovian those are the teams to watch. But KÖLN is making a case for itself.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Pep joked that there are so many defenders injured that he's gonna slot Neuer in at Center Back. I know he was only teasing, but it would be a heck of a lot of fun to see him put Ulreich or Lucic in goal and let Neuer play 15 minutes at the end of a match.

Itkovian

Perpetual Realist
Reaction score
So after constantly denying they would bring anyone in, bayern bring in a CB on loan for the rest of this season.

I'm happy about it. I was pretty worried about KHR saying they could get by with who they had. One knock to Badstuber and there are literally no true defenders left.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
6 punkte für kölle???

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

As long as Modeste is not stumbling over his own feet again and a poor ref. is making a bad call we will win this game....hopefully ! ;) If not they will push the panic button here in Hamburg for the first time this season. It's going to be a tight game and a tough second half of the season although we are still 8 points ahead of Hannover and Hoffenheim.

Itkovian

Perpetual Realist
Reaction score
Kiessling and Chicarito vs a bayern backline that is mostly a figment of your imagination could be a recipe for disaster. I have a feeling bayern will need to score several goals to come out with a win on this one.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Kiessling and Chicarito vs a bayern backline that is mostly a figment of your imagination could be a recipe for disaster. I have a feeling bayern will need to score several goals to come out with a win on this one.

It would help if Pep dropped Lahm back to the back line which is really his best position.

Itkovian

Perpetual Realist
Reaction score
Great game by Leverkusen. Had Bayern off balance most of the game.

But seriously....what on earth was Pep thinking leaving Muller on the bench the first 60?? As soon as he came in Bayern attack came alive and chances came again and again. Lewy and Muller are the most prolific duo at this point in the season in bundesliga history, but you leave one of them on the sideline?

Ugh.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Great game by Leverkusen. Had Bayern off balance most of the game.

But seriously....what on earth was Pep thinking leaving Muller on the bench the first 60?? As soon as he came in Bayern attack came alive and chances came again and again. Lewy and Muller are the most prolific duo at this point in the season in bundesliga history, but you leave one of them on the sideline?

Ugh.

Giving Mueller a rest for an upcoming match???

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
I'm not trying to be disrespectful....but I would think we need him more vs. Leverkusen than Bochum :confused:

Who can really fathom why Pep does what he does? Whatever it is, he wins. I watched the first half of the match, then I had to take your sis up to work at the PA Sports and Outdoor Show. So I got updates on my cell. The first half was definitely chippy. Apparently the second half got out of hand?

Itkovian

Perpetual Realist
Reaction score
Who can really fathom why Pep does what he does? Whatever it is, he wins. I watched the first half of the match, then I had to take your sis up to work at the PA Sports and Outdoor Show. So I got updates on my cell. The first half was definitely chippy. Apparently the second half got out of hand?

The whole game was out of hand. I'm not blaming the outcome on the match on the officiating, because it was a very well deserved draw, but I have no idea what Knute was thinking.

17 fouls on Leverkusen, 10 fouls on FCB, but only 2 cards, both on Alonso in the last few minutes of the game on softer fouls than had happened all match. Alonso deserved it, but there were so many fouls throughout the match earlier that should have been carded. Just poor handling of the game, which IMO is unusual for Knute.

Edit - Let me add just a tad more info. Bellerabi had FIVE fouls, no cards. Kiessling had FOUR fouls, no cards (and his were pretty bad). Alonso is next worse with 3 fouls, and 2 deserved cards. 3 fouls also for Calhanoglu and Toprak. Everyone else is a smattering here or there.

I just can't fathom a game with 27 fouls (and rough at that) getting 2 cards.

Last edited:

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh crud. Hamburg tie it up. Great shot tho.
Regarding our situation a draw is not enough for us but as Efzeh was the better team, especially in the first half, I take it.
Simply too many mistakes defensively and no ideas to create more chances to score offensively. This needs to get better soon.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Just watched the whole Bayern/Bochum match with no announcer, just the crowd noise. It was pretty cool; it was almost like I was there. Interesting how the announcer has a way of drowning out the match.

Itkovian

Perpetual Realist
Reaction score
Just watched the whole Bayern/Bochum match with no announcer, just the crowd noise. It was pretty cool; it was almost like I was there. Interesting how the announcer has a way of drowning out the match.

I watched it that way too. It's different, and interesting, but I prefer with the announcers. Futbol announcers are usually pretty good at not talking for the sake of talking (as opposed to NFL)