Fußball-Bundesliga

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
I was the guest preacher at a little church outside of Hershey last Sunday. Tomorrow, I will be speaking at a church between Lancaster and Reading, PA. The topic; "Suffering". Maybe I could use Hamburg as an illustration. ;) Oops. Sorry Nessie....
Better still croakie ''Destiny, Redemption, and Joy'' Chelsea Champions League winners 2012. :D

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Truth be told, Itkovian is a decent ball player in his own right, at least until he had kids and became a Papa with an "expanding waistline". :D

Ball player as in Soccer ?? I used to be a goalkeeper, but MY expanding waistline mean`t I could be the whole back four in the end....:D

Itkovian

Perpetual Realist
Reaction score
Oh yeah, that average keeper Neuer is now the record holder for clean sheets in the Bundesliga ;)

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Oh yeah, that average keeper Neuer is now the record holder for clean sheets in the Bundesliga ;)
Yep glad you agree, a clean sheet says as much of a defence as a keeper. :whistling: it's interesting people (some) say Brady's the best of all time because of his records, not for me.......Starr Montana are ahead of him. They played with class when they won.

Last edited:

Itkovian

Perpetual Realist
Reaction score
Yep glad you agree, a clean sheet says as much of a defence as a keeper. :whistling: it's interesting people (some) say Brady's the best of all time because of his records, not for me.......Starr Montana are ahead of him. They played with class when they won.

I had a feeling that would be the argument. However, anyone who paid attention knows Bayern had a poor defense the second half of the year. Without Neuer's prowess Bayern would not have walked away with 3 points on several occasions.

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
I had a feeling that would be the argument. However, anyone who paid attention knows Bayern had a poor defense the second half of the year. Without Neuer's prowess Bayern would not have walked away with 3 points on several occasions.
Well didn't even a Scottish guy score against Germany? :cautious::)
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Last edited:

Wolf Packer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Southbank, Molineux, Wolverhampton, England
Don't know much about Di Matteo's backroom team at Schalke, but wherever he's had success he's had to surround himself with good people, not sure he's done that so much this time. See him back in England, probably a 2nd tier club like Fulham/Charlton. Maybe Derby could take a look at him once McLaren finally leaves, he could be a good fit there.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score

Actually they have had a lackluster defense the past *several years*. But Pep's system doesn't lend itself well to such a defense. Jupp knew how to work around it.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't know much about Di Matteo's backroom team at Schalke, but wherever he's had success he's had to surround himself with good people, not sure he's done that so much this time. See him back in England, probably a 2nd tier club like Fulham/Charlton. Maybe Derby could take a look at him once McLaren finally leaves, he could be a good fit there.
Schalke is a very difficult team and an even more difficult environment, tough for any manager.
It's not a shame to be sacked at Schalke, he isnt't the first and he wont be the last. They say he was too kind and nice to the players and at the end they did not respect him anymore.
Hopefully he learns from his mistakes.

Sandolf

Blue Moon Rising
Reaction score
The remaining games... Magdeburg to me is what RB Leipzig is to you guys. Offenbach are the wrong Kickers, but I'll be pulling for them in a big way.

27. Mai (19 Uhr): 1. FC Saarbrücken – FC Würzburger Kickers
27. Mai (19 Uhr): 1. FC Magdeburg – Kickers Offenbach
27. Mai (19 Uhr): SV Werder Bremen II – Borussia Mönchengladbach II
28. Mai (20.30 Uhr): Hamburger SV – Karlsruher SC
29. Mai (20.30 Uhr): Holstein Kiel - 1860 München
31. Mai (14 Uhr): FC Würzburger Kickers – 1. FC Saarbrücken
31. Mai (14 Uhr): Kickers Offenbach – 1. FC Magdeburg
31. Mai (14 Uhr): Borussia Mönchengladbach II - SV Werder Bremen II
1. Juni (20.30 Uhr): Karlsruher SC - Hamburger SV
2. Juni (20.30 Uhr): 1860 München – Holstein Kiel

Good on HSV for arranging another bonus two games a year for you nessie. That's good value for the money. :D

Members online

Latest posts