Fußball-Bundesliga

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
He who laughs last laughs best :mad::p:D
Yeah, let them rest Robben, Lewandwoski, Schweini and Ribery, anything that helps us to steal a point is welcome ! ;)

Did I mention that Ribery and Rafhina are back in training? Also Boateng's suspension was reduced to two games; one for the foul and the other because Neuer stopped the penalty kick. How stupid is that?

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
Its just a team that nobody wants to see. Teams like Bielefeld, Muenster, Duisburg or Kickers are teams with tradition and history. Thats why. And if there is still one single wish left - please no Red Bull in Bundesliga 1. Otherwise we will have massive security problems whereever they play.....

So I took some time to think about this. Why are only teams in the North with history that people want to see? Why can't VFR Aalen, FC Saarbrucken, Karlsruhe, and SV Sandhausen be cool to see?

We have always agreed on never seeing Red Bull Leipzig in the Bundesliga, but I think Karlsruhe deserves as much attention as Duisburg and Bielefeld.

Sandolf

Blue Moon Rising
Reaction score
So I took some time to think about this. Why are only teams in the North with history that people want to see? Why can't VFR Aalen, FC Saarbrucken, Karlsruhe, and SV Sandhausen be cool to see?

We have always agreed on never seeing Red Bull Leipzig in the Bundesliga, but I think Karlsruhe deserves as much attention as Duisburg and Bielefeld.

Never is a very long time my dear beer swilling friend. Times change. I don't recall anybody noting at the time I first viewed the Berlin Wall that... "at least it keeps Leipzig out of the Bundesliga!" haha...

I agree with you in terms of 1.FC Saarbruecken and Karlsruhe SC. Suffice it to say that there are places in Germany that are just nowhere. Aalen, Paderborn and Bielefeld (sorry nessie) are like that.

Last edited:

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
Never is a very long time my dear beer swilling friend. Times change. I don't recall anybody noting at the time I first viewed the Berlin Wall that... "at least it keeps Leipzig out of the Bundesliga!" haha...

I agree with you in terms of 1.FC Saarbruecken and Karlsruhe FC. Suffice it to say that there are places in Germany that are just nowhere. Aalen, Paderborn and Bielefeld (sorry nessie) are like that.

haha... I guess what I meant to say was that I HOPE I never have to see Red Bull Leipzig in the Bundesliga. And as I sit here and ponder history and your Berlin Wall moment, I always think the DFB turns a blind eye on Red Bulls clear 50+1 infringement only because they are from the former East Germany. But that's not true I guess. Red Bull Leipzig was never a team when East Germany was separate. So now I don't know why the DFB allows Red Bull to violate such corporate financial rules, which goes way beyond what Bayer, Wolfsburg, and Hoppenheim do.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score

I think it's pure coincidence that most of the teams with history and tradition seem to be in the northern part of our country. Or perhaps not only, just think of all the teams from the Ruhrgebiet/Ruhr area, the region with the highest population in Germany. No surprise that teams from this area have more fans than KSC or especially Sandhausen, Aalen etc. will ever have, despite of the fact that some of them are unsuccessful since decades. (RWE for example!)
But KSC is definitely one of the teams with a certain tradition, Kickers Stuttgart as well. FC Augsburg is another example of a team that was very popular in the 50's and 60's but then disappeared in minor leagues for a long time.
But to me Sandhausen and Aalen are not any different from Hoffenheim, an artifical construct without any tradition and fan base. The Hoffenheim away stand in Hamburg is usually crowded by 50 up to 500 fans, to me thats still a joke.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score

I agree with you in terms of 1.FC Saarbruecken and Karlsruhe FC. Suffice it to say that there are places in Germany that are just nowhere. Aalen, Paderborn and Bielefeld (sorry nessie) are like that.
Honestly, it's not fair to compare Arminia with Paderborn or Aalen.;)
Arminia has a long tradition and history and a much larger fan base than Paderborn will ever have. Bielefeld is the team that people in East-Westphalia are cheering for.
Another example: Despite of their latest success and all the money they are spending for star players in Wolfsburg - Eintracht Braunschweig and Hannover 96 are the teams with the largest fan base in this area ! And this wont change any time soon.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
haha... I guess what I meant to say was that I HOPE I never have to see Red Bull Leipzig in the Bundesliga. And as I sit here and ponder history and your Berlin Wall moment, I always think the DFB turns a blind eye on Red Bulls clear 50+1 infringement only because they are from the former East Germany. But that's not true I guess. Red Bull Leipzig was never a team when East Germany was separate. So now I don't know why the DFB allows Red Bull to violate such corporate financial rules, which goes way beyond what Bayer, Wolfsburg, and Hoppenheim do.
I dont think they are blind regarding the Red Bull case.
But they are careful because its only a DFL/Bundesliga regulation that might be even illegal because the 50+1 rule seem to violate EU laws. And they are afraid that one team will go to court one day and I guess Red Bull knows that. Perhaps thats why they tolerate the Red Bull exception. Just my guess.....

Sandolf

Blue Moon Rising
Reaction score
But they are careful because its only a DFL/Bundesliga regulation that might be even illegal because the 50+1 rule seem to violate EU laws. And they are afraid that one team will go to court one day and I guess Red Bull knows that. Perhaps thats why they tolerate the Red Bull exception. Just my guess.....

Very good observation sir. I think this pretty much nails it.

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score

So can EU laws actually trump DFB laws? Is there a precedent set for this in any other legal action?

Sandolf

Blue Moon Rising
Reaction score
I bow to your superior knowledge of Bielefeld nessie. Perhaps Hoppenheim would not be if not for the demise of Waldhof Mannheim.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
I bow to your superior knowledge of Bielefeld nessie. Perhaps Hoppenheim would not be if not for the demise of Waldhof Mannheim.
And your knowledge about German football is still excellent, Sandolf. ;)
Fully agree, like Bielefeld or Braunschweig Waldhof was the most popular team in this area for decades. There is a series in Sportbild at the moment ("Abgestürzte Bundesligisten/Fallen Former Bundesliga teams") and last week the article covered Waldhof and his famous coach (Do you remember him, "Schlappi"...?) . Other teams that were covered are Kickers Offenbach and SSV Ulm. This week its Tasmania Berlin, BW 90 berlin and Tennis Borussia Berlin.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
The famous Bosman ruling. It affected all of European football.
Yeah it changed everything, the whole system. As soon as the contract has expired they are now free to leave without any transfer fee as you all know. Before it was different and it just needed one person to go to court. Because this handling violated the EU law that guarantees the free choice of employment.
Regarding the 50+1 rule Martin Kind (Hannover 96) has already threatened the DFL/Bundesliga to bring this to court because he wanted to bring in investors. But nothing has happened so far, I dont know what kind of deals they are doing behind the curtain to avoid this.

Sandolf

Blue Moon Rising
Reaction score
And your knowledge about German football is still excellent, Sandolf. ;)

Thank you nessie. That was a nice compliment.

This week its Tasmania Berlin, BW 90 berlin and Tennis Borussia Berlin.

An old chestnut for you nessie. A look at the "Tabelle" is rather interesting.

http://www.kicker.de/news/fussball/...orussia-berlin-66_stuttgarter-kickers-26.html

There is a series in Sportbild at the moment ("Abgestürzte Bundesligisten/Fallen Former Bundesliga teams") and last week the article covered Waldhof and his famous coach (Do you remember him, "Schlappi"...?) .

Fortunately Schlappi has been preserved for all future generations to enjoy. :D

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Sandolf

Blue Moon Rising
Reaction score
Schlappi is a kind of "ur"-tpyical plonker. He predated Otto Rehhagel and Felix Magath. :D

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
hahaha.... "VfB zu peinlich: Neckarstadion wird als Projekt "Stuttgart 18" unter die Erde verlegt."

Are you familiar with Stuttgart 21 Herr Bundesbiers? Pretty funny stuff. :D

I was able to understand the article, but at the time I read the article I did not know about the Stuttgart 21 "underground high speed rail system". Once my Bamberg friend explained the Stuttgart 21 as I shared the article, the article was much more humorous.

Members online

Latest posts