Fußball-Bundesliga

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
Crazy how many big teams are playing in the 2. Bundesliga next season. Should make it very interesting.

Not just big teams, big teams in big cities. All 4 of those teams are cities in the top 15 in Germany in regards to population. It's going to be incredibly interesting to watch that next season. I'm thinking teams like Kiel, Heidenheim, Bielefeld, Saint Pauli are none to happy about this situation also. Chances for them are slim.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Crazy how many big teams are playing in the 2. Bundesliga next season. Should make it very interesting.
Its going to be a very tough season for those teams that want to return to 1. Bundesliga. It has never been as easy as this season, shame on my team. I cant get over it. :mad:

Itkovian

Perpetual Realist
Reaction score
Its going to be a very tough season for those teams that want to return to 1. Bundesliga. It has never been as easy as this season, shame on my team. I cant get over it. :mad:

It has to be super frustrating given how they steamrolled everyone for a while and then just fell apart at the end.

On the transfer side, nothing super major that I have seen yet, though it looks like Jovic is leaving Frankfurt for Real Madrid, which will hurt them. Hopefully they don't also lose Rebic and Havertz; that would really drop them down the standings, IMO.

Itkovian

Perpetual Realist
Reaction score
Oh and HSV get Tobias Schweinsteiger on staff! Good move for them. I was disappointed when he left Bayern because they would not give him any more responsibility.

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
2.Liga starts tomorrow.

Top 3 and bottom 3 prediction in order:

1. 1. FC Nürnberg
2. Hamburger SV
3. VfB Stuttgart

16. VfL Osnabrück
17. SV Sandhausen
18. SV Wehen Wiesbaden

Itkovian

Perpetual Realist
Reaction score
Take a look at the 2019/2020 jerseys. Look at Wolfsburg's home jersey... can anyone say X-Box?

The 3rd jersey for Koeln looks cool. ))

https://www.bundesliga.com/en/bunde...nd-rb-leipzig-schalke-new-jersey-2019-20-5157

Wolfsburg is straight up Xbox you are right lol. I thought Koelns 3rd was kind of strange for a second and then I realized it the "shapes" is the cathedral, which for me makes it pretty freaking cool. A lot of good kits in general. Werder Bremen's is so plain though.

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
Wolfsburg is straight up Xbox you are right lol. I thought Koelns 3rd was kind of strange for a second and then I realized it the "shapes" is the cathedral, which for me makes it pretty freaking cool. A lot of good kits in general. Werder Bremen's is so plain though.

I'm not sure how to describe Borussia M'Gladbach's first jersey. It looks strange as a football jersey. Werder Bremen's is plain for sure, and still with the Wiesenhof sponsor (which is a Chicken Slaughterhouse), which seems a strange sponsor for a football team.

I like Frankfurt's and Freiburg's. Schalke is looking more and more like Zenit St Petersburg

Itkovian

Perpetual Realist
Reaction score
I've got a bad feeling about this season for Bayern.

Kovac is moving back to the same 4-3-3 that failed badly to start last season, and with less capable players to fill it (barring any pending transfers). He also continues to make absolutely baffling tactical decisions mid-match, and his substitutions are a nightmare.

I don't think any of that is going to change, so I'm thinking he will not last the season. By the time he is gone Bayern will be too far off the lead to catch a very strong Dortmund team.

I could be completely wrong, but that's just what I feel right now.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
In my imaginary world, Bayern signs Timo Werner, Kovac realizes the value of a setup that utilizes Mueller's unique talents and they kick the tar of Manchester City in the UCL as a grudge match for the Sane debacle.

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
In my imaginary world, Bayern signs Timo Werner, Kovac realizes the value of a setup that utilizes Mueller's unique talents and they kick the tar of Manchester City in the UCL as a grudge match for the Sane debacle.

You've got quite an imagination.

Itkovian

Perpetual Realist
Reaction score
Bayern vs Hertha. 2:2 Fair result I think.

Respectfully disagree. Bayern looked to be the better team the vast majority of the match, got a bit unlucky with that massive deflection. It is what it is though, Hertha tightened up and kept Bayern out.

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
Respectfully disagree. Bayern looked to be the better team the vast majority of the match, got a bit unlucky with that massive deflection. It is what it is though, Hertha tightened up and kept Bayern out.

I'm cool with the disagree. If the Hertha Berlin defender doesn't half drag Lewandowski to the ground when it was un-needed, there never was a Bayern penalty kick to tie it up. Stupid penalty that allowed Bayern to tie it up. That's why it was a fair result. Bayern was lucky because of the useless penalty and Berlin were lucky with the deflection. Fair result.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
So FS1 nd FS2 have been dropped from SlingTV and Dish Network?? Screw Fox. Their greed has surpassed their service.

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
So FS1 nd FS2 have been dropped from SlingTV and Dish Network?? Screw Fox. Their greed has surpassed their service.

It should be noted that Sling and Dish have dropped FS1 and FS2, not the other way around, although I'm sure that's due to price increases. However, "Fox Sports RSN's" are owned by Sinclair. Sinclair is the greedy party, not FOX. In fact, FOX has always been cheaper than say CBS Sports and NBC Sports. Plus the content is better on FOX IMO (Bundesliga and 2 Bundesliga... all games you can watch live in Fox soccer match pass). That's a much better deal than the other 2 I mentioned.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
It should be noted that Sling and Dish have dropped FS1 and FS2, not the other way around, although I'm sure that's due to price increases. However, "Fox Sports RSN's" are owned by Sinclair. Sinclair is the greedy party, not FOX. In fact, FOX has always been cheaper than say CBS Sports and NBC Sports. Plus the content is better on FOX IMO (Bundesliga and 2 Bundesliga... all games you can watch live in Fox soccer match pass). That's a much better deal than the other 2 I mentioned.

I suppose there is enough greed to go around. The reports over here, however, are that Fox wants a bigger piece of the pie from Sling and Dish and the latter two are unwilling to pass that cost on to their customers at this time.

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
I suppose there is enough greed to go around. The reports over here, however, are that Fox wants a bigger piece of the pie from Sling and Dish and the latter two are unwilling to pass that cost on to their customers at this time.

It may not matter. Fox has lost the rights to the Bundesliga starting next Season in 2020. ESPN won those rights. Watch, ESPN will put all the games behind it's ESPN+ pay stream site. You'll beg for FOX to get it back. It's going to go south once ESPN picks it up.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
I think we should take a moment to be grateful that, Itkovian, a die hard Niners fan, has not used this opportunity to gloat; a true sportsman and gentleman. (And maybe because he used to be a moderator on a Niners forum and knows what it's like.)

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Freaking ultras ruined a fun match to watch. I liked the show of solidarity between the two teams though. I wonder if Bayern considered forfeiting to teach the Ultras a lesson. That would be too radical, I suppose. But it sure would send a message.

Members online

Latest posts