Frost is gone and other updates Monday December 1st

wizard 87

Old Enough To Know Better
Reaction score
The big headline is the Packers will release punter Derrick Frost today. Also, special teamer Kenny Pettway likely is out for the season with a knee injury. Read below.

* On when knew C Scott Wells was concussed: "He expressed it after that play."

* On who would play if Wells can't this week: Same as finished on Sunday. Sitton at right guard, Spitz at center.

* On special teams: "Did not perform well at all, particularly in the coverage units." Came down to fundamentals. Field position was a major factor.

* On changes schematically to special teams: "There's not a dramatic change. ... That is the strength of their football team."

* On making changes this week: "Probably not. We are going to change the punter today" but nothing else. Derrick Frost will be released today. Haven't found his replacement. Matt Flynn will be the holder.

* Consider whether to not go for two-point conversion when did in third quarter? No.

* Wish hadn't released Jon Ryan? Won't go into the past. Wish him the best, as will wish Frost the best.

* On whether regret play calls in goal-line series: Second-down play was one would change if could. Comfortable with third-down call.

* On the difference in losing close games: "There's plenty to go around. ... We've got to be a little more physical in certain spots of our game." Lopsided games the past two weeks. Overcoming 200 yards of field position each game is a lot to ask.

* On more opportunities for Brandon Jackson: Ryan Grant's still the starter. Was having trouble holding onto the ball. "We'll see how Ryan progresses this week ... but we have no qualms" about playing Jackson. Week's work will dictate whether Jackson gets more opportunities even with Grant healthy. Grant probably will have to have thumb splinted and wrapped to play.

* On other injuries: Bigby has shoulder sprain, likely out this week. On Kenny Pettway, ligament tear in knee, likely out for season. Nick Collins has hip injury and may miss practice time, but should play. Ryan Pickett thumb sprain. Brandon Jackson quad contusion. Aaron Kampman quad strain Jeremy Thompson knee and ankle sprain, will be challenged to play this week. Scott Wells concussion. DeShawn Wynn calf strain. Mark Tauscher came out same with his hamstring, felt got better as game went on.

* On why Woodson was at safety: "It was initiated with the medical situation of the safeties, and the second part of it was getting your best players on the field." Felt having Tramon Williams in base defense would help. Woodson played well. As move forward, will discuss, but liked what saw.

* On Woodson on Steve Smith's big catch: Woodson was in right position, right leverage. Smith just won.

* On Brady Poppinga as a pass rusher: Thought did some good things. Will continue to use in that spot. Brings another element to pass rush. Must keep working.

* On QB change impact in close games: "I don't think it comes down to one position. ... Every game's different. There's different factors." Explosive gains, turnovers are big factors. "I don't recall being in three-point games and having minus-200 yards field position last year. ... It's convenient criticism" to blame it on Aaron Rodgers.

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would think MM would second guess the 3rd down play.
Everyone in the NFL would have known that was coming being as how successful they have been with it.
I think #4 would have audibled out of that one and thrown a TD.

wischeez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The big headline is the Packers will release punter Derrick Frost today.
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

dansz15

Cheesehead
Reaction score
wischeez said:
The big headline is the Packers will release punter Derrick Frost today.

:clapping:

Yay!!! Who will replace him? I am still hoping for Dragosavich, although it will never happen, haha.

c_mac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I feel a little bad considering that Frost played for Northern Iowa (I was born, raised, and still live in Iowa) but he has been terribly inconsistent and his only job was to punt the ball.

MajicMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know we're dealing with the cast-offs, so why not Scott Player? At least he was a pro-bowler. There just isn't gonna be anything all that great out there...Mind as well go with someone who was at least solid at one point.

What's the story with Player? Is he really totally washed up? Any news?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts