FROM TODAY'S NY POST

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
February 14, 2008 -- WASHINGTON - Bill Belichick has been illegally taping opponents' defensive signals since he became the Patriots' coach in 2000, according to Sen. Arlen Specter, who said NFL commissioner Roger Goodell told him that during a meeting yesterday.

So what does this mean?

I say take away all of NE draft picks this year

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
I say make Billy-boy's arshe sit for the year.. or ban him for life.. that would appease me, lol.

MontanaBob

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Something smells fishy here. I think Goodell is digging his own grave and just possibly is in the "pocket" of the Pats. Just my opinion.
Time will tell and it will be interesting to see what happens next year.

trippster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here's my take.

Why the hell is the govt. spending time with the NFL and MLB when our country is in such debt, homless, etc. etc??????

Is this what we pay them a quarter million dollars a year for?

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here's my take.

Why the hell is the govt. spending time with the NFL and MLB when our country is in such debt, homless, etc. etc??????

It's true, there are MANY more important things to go after. How about the drug dealers that kill so many young people with their pushing?
But maybe, just maybe this will stop young atheletes from getting involved with steroids and HGH. If they know they will get caught, and it will jepordize their chance to be a pro athelete, maybe it will stop them from using. If they see their "idols" being brought down, it might save some of their lives.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here's my take.

So they could avoid the real issues and still look like they're working.

johnny_blood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Specter is doing this to please his constituency.

Arlen Specter represents Pennsylvania. NE barely beat the Eagles in the Super Bowl. Thumping on the Patriots pleases his constituency.

DGB454

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If BB is found guilty perhaps they could strip him of the NFLs coach of the year title and give it to the second place guy. Hmmm...who was that anyway? MM possibly? :)

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
johnny_blood said:

Arlen Specter represents Pennsylvania. NE barely beat the Eagles in the Super Bowl. Thumping on the Patriots pleases his constituency.

everyone has an agenda. while specter chose to pursue action because it hits close to home, that doesn't make his actions any less legitimate.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:
johnny_blood said:

everyone has an agenda. while specter chose to pursue action because it hits close to home, that doesn't make his actions any less legitimate.
True.........whatever the reason might be, he's still right to go after it.

DoddPower

Nick Perry is watching you, NFL QB's!
Reaction score
February 14, 2008 -- WASHINGTON - Bill Belichick has been illegally taping opponents' defensive signals since he became the Patriots' coach in 2000, according to Sen. Arlen Specter, who said NFL commissioner Roger Goodell told him that during a meeting yesterday.

So what does this mean?

I say take away all of NE draft picks this year

I don't it would be fair to take away the teams draft picks, at least anymore then they already have. If it is indeed B.B.'s action, then punish him.

Suspend or fire him.

johnny_blood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:
johnny_blood said:

Of course. I'm merely answering the question above---why focus on this? Because it'll make Joe Six Pack from PA happy.

Members online

Latest posts