From the "You will never learn" file...

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Maybe he should try saying this while still in his Halloween costume.. :lol:

KITNA STILL TALKING 10 WINS
Posted by Michael David Smith on May 6, 2008, 2:35 p.m.
When Lions quarterback Jon Kitna predicted last year that the team would win at least 10 games, everyone laughed. Then they stopped laughing when Detroit got off to a 6-2 start — and then they started laughing again when the Lions limped to a 7-9 finish.

Kitna, however, doesn’t care if anyone laughs. And at the Lions’ facilities today, he told reporters that he’s making the 10-win prediction again this year.

“Our expectation is we will be disappointed if we don’t win 10 games,” Kitna said, per the Detroit Free Press. “Because that will mean we’re not in the playoffs … I can’t make it any simpler than that. Anybody who says that’s not their expectations level is unfortunately not that much of a competitor.”

The last time the Lions won 10 games in a season was in 1995, when they finished 10-6 and lost their wild card playoff game.

Kitna also made clear that if the Lions are going to win 10 games, they’ll do it with him under center. Asked if he thinks there’s a competition at quarterback, Kitna answered, “I don’t. I think I’m pretty well established as the leader of this football team and the quarterback. [Head coach] Rod [Marinelli] has never wavered from that. I don’t expect that to be any different this year and I’m pretty excited about where we’re going as a football team.”

spardo62

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I do not see it happening, but I guess I would want someone like this leading my team. You do not want negative thoughts and low expectations to set the tone for the season and the rest of the team, rather set the bar high and shoot for it from day one.

OP
OP
Pack93z

Pack93z

Reaction score
I do not see it happening, but I guess I would want someone like this leading my team. You do not want negative thoughts and low expectations to set the tone for the season and the rest of the team, rather set the bar high and shoot for it from day one.

I agree about the meaning to your team.. it is just to fun to pick on the poor gent.. ;)

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Lions will not win 10+ games this year.

The problem I have is I can't find anyone to bet with me.

Anyone?

Anyone?

OP
OP
Pack93z

Pack93z

Reaction score

Anyone?

Anyone?

Give some odd there Zombie.. mightly rich odds too.. :lol:

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zombieslayer said:

Anyone?

Anyone?
Where is "Big3" when you need him??? :wink:

Heh. Big3's a realist. I doubt he'd even take the bet.

I'm not joking, but I do feel bad for Lions fans. Every year they think this might be the year and every year they're let down.

As for Bears fans, they deserve what they get.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is Kitna talking about the last 2 seasons combined(08 and 09)? Because I think they can pull it off if that's what he's saying. Barely though.

nathaniel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He's just going to keep saying it until one day they actually do get 10 wins. Then he'll say "I told you so." Then I'll ask him "What about all those other years you predicted 10 wins?" Then he will cry. Then I will laugh.

Members online

Latest posts