From now on Judgement free

BryanAschenbrenner

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was not anti TT by any means, but I was worried about TE and RB at the beginning of this season. From now on, I am going to give TT almost complete benefit of the doubt. Grant and Lee have been outstanding, and I have no doubt they will fill the long term needs of this team.

Sorry if this was kind of pointless, but does anyone else thing TT is an awkward, Deer in the headlights mastermind of draft picks and hidden talent/character?

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TT's 'deer in headlights' thing is all an act. Behind the scenes he's an evil genius.

kewlbeans

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agreed !00 %. I'm sure everyone was at least a little skeptical after a 4-12 start. Most probaly won't admit it but Ted Thompson has done an amazing job in just 3 years.

1cesc

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TT's 'deer in headlights' thing is all an act. Behind the scenes he's an evil genius.

Evil genius like Steinbrenner. Except without clearing the coffers.

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I personally can not take anything that Trom types as serious.

I am so sick about him posting positive "Ted" threads here on this forum.

Enough is enough.... Threads about Ted should be posted at the end of the Season, not during the season. The G.M. has nothing to do with the way the team is playing right now. It is all about the Coach and the Players who are playing now.

Ryan, can you please ban Trom for 30 days.

That is the least you can do about this (Obviously Deranged.) Ted Thompson. supporter in the middle of our almost perfect 10-1 season.

Let's get rid of the Riff-Raff right now before we spoil this whole season on this forum.

sbp_387

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TT has made very good picks the only one that sucks is Justin from this years first round, other than that just amazing at finding the good ones.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Harrell sucks? Crap, I haven't even seen him play enough to say that. Although I try to give a draft pick atl east 2-3 years before claiming they 'suck'.

rabidgopher04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:
The G.M. has nothing to do with the way the team is playing right now.

The GM is the one who brings in the players who perform. He has a huge part in the way this team is performing. Without the talent we're nothing.

He is one piece of the puzzle. You can't discount that.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:

The GM is the one who brings in the players who perform. He has a huge part in the way this team is performing. Without the talent we're nothing.

F.Y.I.: R.P. was being sarcastic.

Reaction score
sbp_387 said:
TT has made very good picks the only one that sucks is Justin from this years first round

Dude, come on.

TWO of our DTs (Jolly and now it looks like Cole) are going to miss time with injuries.

Harrell is a first round talent that will now be called upon to step up. Harrell is looking pretty darn good right about now, considering we could've done a heck of a lot worse in getting a 4th DT to fill in for Jolly and Cole.

As Greg Bedard noted a while back in one of his articles, during Bates time with the Dolphins where he used the same scheme as DC Sanders, D-Line depth was of utmost importance because over the course of 16 games the D-Line would face injuries. That's why having Harrell as a back up isn't bad by any means, as we are seeing for ourselves right now Harrell is of real value because he will get (and has gotten) his number called this year. We could do a heck of a lot worse than Harrell, and doing worse would hurt this team.

One thing we've seen with Ted is that he is successful at finding players who can fit the Packers' schemes. So him picking Harrell has to tell you that Harrell fits our scheme, he is useful to the Packers. And seeing now that our DT rotation is just a 2-man gang, having a 1st round talent DT (Harrell) who has been brought along slowly is looking like a REALLY smart move.

PS - Mike Shanahan, you know the guy who drafted a pro-bowler Trevor Pryce, said you needed to give Harrell a full year before you can judge him.

PPS - Pro Football Weekly reported sources within the Packers as being very impressed with the way Harrell has played in about 20 or so snaps he's gotten this season. The sources said that Harrell had exceeded expectations with his play.

Basically, for the love of God don't judge the pick as sucky when there is a lot of evidence that suggests the pick needs more time to be fairly judged as good or bad (or sucky).

Reaction score
Greg C. said:
Raider Pride said:

F.Y.I.: R.P. was being sarcastic.

So does that mean I shouldn't have banned trom? :-?

RainX

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Right now I'm glad we took Harrell in the first round, especially with the injuries to Jolly and Cole that will sideline them for a few weeks.

Not to say I wouldn't have minded getting a guy like Lynch, but Harrell is going to get an opportunity to step up and show he was worth that draft pick.

Reaction score
Right now I'm glad we took Harrell in the first round, especially with the injuries to Jolly and Cole that will sideline them for a few weeks.

Thank you for putting what I tried to say above into 2 lines.

I'm sleep deprived, and trying to get that point across clearly proved to be a harder challenge than people would believe.

In conclusion, the point about injuries to Cole and Jolly make drafting Harrell seem like a solid move right now.

Tiger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TT shoudda drafted a playmaker like Meacham or Jarrett, look how successful they have been..ohhh wait

Fuzznuts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All I have to say is that thank God Favre stuck around to develop these young bucks...

It would be a whole different story if he didn't!

Greg Jennings wrote:

"Last year, I would go up the field and then just run across,'' says Jennings. "There are windows there, where Brett could see me, but I was running right through them. He's been teaching me to see what he sees when he looks down the field. Now I understand that I have to find those holes and not just go sprinting across the field. It's a process of maturing. And he's been a huge help.''

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score

A undocumented picture from draft day 07'... :lol:

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I will admit that I wasn't on the TT band wagon. I also will give him credit for what he has done to this point in time. Mostly I give him credit for bringing in Mike McCarthy.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All I have to say is that thank God Favre stuck around to develop these young bucks...

It would be a whole different story if he didn't!

Greg Jennings wrote:

"Last year, I would go up the field and then just run across,'' says Jennings. "There are windows there, where Brett could see me, but I was running right through them. He's been teaching me to see what he sees when he looks down the field. Now I understand that I have to find those holes and not just go sprinting across the field. It's a process of maturing. And he's been a huge help.''

Hijacked, Fuzznuts style. Because a pure TT thread should not exist. It must have Favre topics in there as well.

Well played, Fuzzy.

Fuzznuts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ergo...my point!

Why some people have to try and abstract the GM from the rest of the team is beyond me.

I already admitted that without TT's personnel moves, Favre probably wouldn't be as successful as he is this year!

Why is it so hard for you when someone mentions someone else besides TT in a thread? This is a team isn't it? Aren't they all in it together, and credit should be spread all around?

What is a "pure TT thread" anyway?

The bottom line is, however, if it werent' for Favre, the Packers would not be enjoying the same level of success here, no?

And some people were saying that he "sucked", was "washed up" and "should retire or be traded", just a few short months ago.

I hope those people are as happy to be wrong about Favre, as I was happy to be wrong about TT.... :lol:

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Trom and Fuzz - what if you're both right?

Credit this year goes around the whole org - TT, MM, Favre, our D, our O, the guy who makes sure the Gatorade cups are full, the guys with the water bottles, etc. Favre's having his best year since '96. Our WRs are a top notch unit. Grant was a nobody who will show the world he's a playmaker. Our DL is amazing and Aaron Kampman will probably lead the NFL in sacks. The move back to pure pass rusher for KGB has worked wonders. Greg Jennings was the steal of last year's draft. MM's game planning has been nothing short of miraculous. MM's half-time adjustments have been spectacular. Donald Lee has emerged as one of the top 10 TEs in the league. I wouldn't trade Al Harris and Charles Woodson for ANYONE. Bigby has been a HUGE upgrade at SS. I'm hoping Collins comes back sooner than later, but Rouse has been a pretty solid fill in. Our DT rotation wears down opposing OLs (which I can't think of another team in the NFL where this happens).

So, credit goes all around.

Members online

Latest posts