1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

from Florida to MN

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by carol k, Oct 24, 2007.

1. carol k

carol k Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    We returned from a short trip to Florida on Monday. Beautiful weather the whole 5 days we were there.

My brother-in-law is a Browns fan, my sister is a vikings fan, and of course, my husband and I are Packer fans. Because the Browns and the Pack had bye weeks, we watched the viking game, and we watched it while sitting in an inground pool. That was a new experience for us.

The best part of the game was when the vkings thought they had scored a touchdown, and then it was taken away because someone from their team had a penalty called on him. Of course, being that it was my sister's house, and my brother-in-law hates the cowboys, I couldn't cheer too loudly. But, I did cheer under my breath.

Florida weather is nice, but I don't think I would want to live there year round. I like my snow--believe it or not!!!!!!!

2. Cdnfavrefan

Cdnfavrefan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Hope you had fun. Where'd you go? I'm heading to Daytona for 2 weeks in Feb. to watch the 500

3. carol k

carol k Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    We were in Cape Coral.

4. Heatherthepackgirl

Heatherthepackgirl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Glad you had a nice trip Carol! I agree with you Carol, I went to Florida awhile back and hated the weather, it was always so humid and when it rains there it really rains. Did you see the drain systems there? They were huge.

5. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Geez.....watching a game sitting in an inground pool!!! Man......think of the possibilities!!! You can watch the game, drink your beer, and never have to leave to use the restroom! :lol: (j/k!)LOLOL!!!
    I spent a week in Florida once........it was in January, and Christmas decorations were still up. And it was 80 degrees out! It just didn't seem right! Christmas decorations and 80 degrees......it was strange!!!

6. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +3,479
    florida is a great place to visit..but not during the summer.. growing up we went to ft lauderdale every other year or so to visit cousins..

I then had to pleasure of going to Walt D World with my son for his make a wish trip, and he picked his birthday to go which is in JUNE....

The hottest time in ages there..Record breaking heat...in the 90's humidity maxed at 100, and dew points at 75-80

If I can help it, will never go there in summer or spring, just fall and winter months