From a Steeler fan

steelersbabex25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would have come on here last night, but I didn't really have the time between the tears and the temper tantrums :) So, I just came on here to congratulate the Packers and all of you. If I had to chose a team to lose to in the superbowl, it would be the Packers by far, and I'm pretty sure that's the general consensus of all the rest of Steeler Nation, just by looking at my forum. The Packers took advantage of the Steelers weaknesses, and they capitalized every chance they got. It was clear who the more prepared team was, and it was clear who wanted it more. I have nothing but respect for the Packers, and that's probably why this loss didn't sting as bad as I would have expected it to. I like to think of the Packers as the NFC brothers of the Steelers. Both classy organizations being run by classy people. Anyway, just wanted to stop by randomly and congratulate you all. Enjoy it while you can. From experience, I'll tell you that the superbowl hangovers hurts bad.

Reaction score
A true fan. You guys have nothing to be ashamed of and you brought everything just like we did. This game will go down for the ages as The Best. It's an honor to call you brother.

gig20015

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was feeling the same way. If the Pack had to lose a Superbowl, I would prefer it be to the Steelers (now that Elway is retired).

VersusTheMoose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks for the kind words, Steeler fans have nothing to be ashamed of, it just wasn't your night.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Thanks for posting. I think most GB fans would feel the same way if the situation was reversed. Steelers battled hard, but sometimes it's just not your night. The 3 forced turnovers hurt the Steelers and that was tough to recover from.

Good Luck next year. I wouldn't be surprised if we have another Steelers/GB SB again someday.

franchise3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am another Steelers fan. Actually from the same site as a Steelers fan above . Some Packers fan came to our website and wrote a nice e-mail and we appreciated it and I thought I should spend 5 minutes of my miserable Monday and do the same.

Great game! Congrats to all the Packers fans, organization and the players! There seems to be a mutual agreement between these two of the greatest groups of fans... if we had to lose to someone, I'm glad it was the Packers. Hope to see you in SB next year and many more times.

Also, Matthews deserves DPOY more than Troy and this is not a knee jerk reaction.

Enjoy the parade and the off-season!

Superironman007

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Congrats To The Packers n their fans I have respect for them this is coming from a steelers fan they were the better team no excuses we lost n life moves on with our 6 championships not a lot of people can say they went to the superbowl n I’m still proud of my boys we made it to the superbowl n fought to the end steelers for life n always can’t win em all the sometime is best to lose so you can learn from your mistakes n overcome them ........i have tremendous respect for the packers ,their are a great team with great fans they deserve it again congrats n enjoy thanxs for a great game packers :)

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Likewise, if we were to lose to someone, I would rather it be the Steelers. Dallas fans can crow all they want but by far the two most storied franchises played in SBXLV. My only problem with the Steelers is Roethlisberger and his poor behavior. We had a guy like that too one time and he was kicked to the curb. But I know Ben leaves a bad taste in a lot of Steeler fans' mouths too, so it's nothing on you guys.

OP
OP
S

steelersbabex25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Likewise, if we were to lose to someone, I would rather it be the Steelers. Dallas fans can crow all they want but by far the two most storied franchises played in SBXLV. My only problem with the Steelers is Roethlisberger and his poor behavior. We had a guy like that too one time and he was kicked to the curb. But I know Ben leaves a bad taste in a lot of Steeler fans' mouths too, so it's nothing on you guys.

People talking about Ben is a sore subject for us. He wasn't convicted of anything, wasn't charged, for all anyone knows it was just a money hungry college girl trying to make a splash in the press. We like to say he made bad decisions, he didn't necessarily do bad things. And he got punished for, well, nothing really, and he did his time and from what everyone has said, he has really improved as a person. Taking my black and gold glasses of, I can see how fans of other teams would be annoyed with him, but looking at it from our perspective, he's welcome to stay with the Steelers for the rest of his career.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All fans could learn something from you Steelers' fans. Good luck next year.

Preacher

Cheesehead
Reaction score
People talking about Ben is a sore subject for us. He wasn't convicted of anything, wasn't charged, for all anyone knows it was just a money hungry college girl trying to make a splash in the press. We like to say he made bad decisions, he didn't necessarily do bad things. And he got punished for, well, nothing really, and he did his time and from what everyone has said, he has really improved as a person. Taking my black and gold glasses of, I can see how fans of other teams would be annoyed with him, but looking at it from our perspective, he's welcome to stay with the Steelers for the rest of his career.

Not all of us Steelers fans feel that way.

As I have said on my own board, he was at the very least, guilty of putting himself in a very bad situation, and THAT is what he was punished for. So I have no sympathy for him missing the games.

Right now, I am happy with how he has handled the situation. I hope that he continues on that track. If he makes it through this offseason cleanly, I will be ecstatic.

However, as to the rest of the thread-- I think we do have something to be ashamed of, this was the steelers worst performance since I don't know when. When you go to the biggest show, you put on the biggest performance. We didn't, and we lost. Honestly, I thought I was watching the Steelers December 2009 team.

OP
OP
S

steelersbabex25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not all of us Steelers fans feel that way.

As I have said on my own board, he was at the very least, guilty of putting himself in a very bad situation, and THAT is what he was punished for. So I have no sympathy for him missing the games.

Right now, I am happy with how he has handled the situation. I hope that he continues on that track. If he makes it through this offseason cleanly, I will be ecstatic.

However, as to the rest of the thread-- I think we do have something to be ashamed of, this was the steelers worst performance since I don't know when. When you go to the biggest show, you put on the biggest performance. We didn't, and we lost. Honestly, I thought I was watching the Steelers December 2009 team.

He did put himself in a bad situation and, hey, maybe a suspension was exactly what he needed to get himself in gear, but I think it's a little extreme to say that you want him out of Pittsburgh because of that incident.

Unomee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like to think of the Packers as the NFC brothers of the Steelers. Both classy organizations being run by classy people. Anyway, just wanted to stop by randomly and congratulate you all. Enjoy it while you can. From experience, I'll tell you that the superbowl hangovers hurts bad.

Thank you SB. Yes, the two teams do compliment each other. About the game; it wasn't until the final play that I knew the Pack was the winner. Maybe Packers vs. Steelers in next year's Super Bowl? This one was worthy of it.

TheSnowPlow

Driving Don Shula Crazy
Reaction score
If history is any indicator, it should be a few years before the Steelers are back to the big game.

LombardiChick

Win or lose, I love this team.
Reaction score
Thank you SB. Yes, the two teams do compliment each other. About the game; it wasn't until the final play that I knew the Pack was the winner. Maybe Packers vs. Steelers in next year's Super Bowl? This one was worthy of it.

No offense, but no thank you. There were some cool Steelers fans we encountered who seemed to respect Green Bay, but so many sounded like they took it for granted they were simply going to wipe the turf with the Packers. Then you had the ones that couldn't bring themselves to recognize the success of the Packers prior to 1970, as though Vince Lombardi was just some scrub who won a couple of games.

Maybe there's an AFC team out there whose fans don't take it as a foregone conclusion that they're better than us. That would be a refreshing change, should we be fortunate enough make it back.

Again - no offense to decent Steelers fans intended.

OP
OP
S

steelersbabex25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No offense, but no thank you. There were some cool Steelers fans we encountered who seemed to respect Green Bay, but so many sounded like they took it for granted they were simply going to wipe the turf with the Packers. Then you had the ones that couldn't bring themselves to recognize the success of the Packers prior to 1970, as though Vince Lombardi was just some scrub who won a couple of games.

Maybe there's an AFC team out there whose fans don't take it as a foregone conclusion that they're better than us. That would be a refreshing change, should we be fortunate enough make it back.

Again - no offense to decent Steelers fans intended.

Hmm..I don't know where you were looking, but almost every single person on my forum acknowledged that it would be a good, hard fought game. We discussed the advantages that the Steelers had over the Packers, just as I'm sure you guys talking about the Packers advantages over the Steelers. Doesn't mean there's any disrespect. It's what a forum is for.

LombardiChick

Win or lose, I love this team.
Reaction score
Hmm..I don't know where you were looking, but almost every single person on my forum acknowledged that it would be a good, hard fought game. We discussed the advantages that the Steelers had over the Packers, just as I'm sure you guys talking about the Packers advantages over the Steelers. Doesn't mean there's any disrespect. It's what a forum is for.

Well, here, actually.

Pack88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cheerleader: Very Classy of you to post that! I agree that GB was able to take advantage of Steeler weaknesses and TO's. As the game went on and injuries leveled the field a bit it was almost like the Packers were playing their evil twins and I was glad to see that 4th down incompletion!

grahamburgher

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thought I'd share a piece of my daughter's Valentine's Day letter with you guys:

"... I hope the Steelers and the Packers will get along good this Valentine's Day!..."

Hated to lose the Super Bowl, but couldn't think of a team that I'd rather lose to than the Pack.

Congrats, folks. Let's do it again next year.

Unomee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Steelers fans, I believe the Bears and Vikings fans are having a greater problem with our SB win than you all are. Two teams so alike in many ways to include strong tradition. This was an honor either way it went.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts