1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Freshman QB Graham Mertz

Discussion in 'Wisconsin Badgers' started by Pokerbrat2000, Jun 4, 2019.

1. Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000 Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.

Packer Fan Since:
    If you are a Badger football fan, you have to be excited about this kid. Will be interesting to see how much playing time he gets his Freshman year and if and when he eventually takes over for Junior Jack Coan.

Russell Wilson is still being talked about as one of the greatest QB's to come out of Wisconsin and he only played for the Badgers 1 season, Mertz could end up being even better than Russell.

"Mertz fielded offers from Alabama, Georgia, Clemson, LSU, Michigan, Notre Dame, Ohio State and others"

https://www.espn.com/college-footba...-mertz-wisconsin-most-hyped-qb-russell-wilson

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Mondio

Mondio Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    Sounds like he fits in :)

I've probably said this, but I do not pay any attention to recruiting classes for college. I have no idea who these kids are. I never watch the all american high school stuff, mostly because I don't care. It's high school. If you don't play around here, I likely don't care at all because it just isn't that important to me at that level. But I did catch a glimpse of a high school all star game flipping thru the channels and saw this QB and was like damn, that was a nice throw. So I watched for a couple minutes and he was slinging the ball like a pro and he was in high school. It wasn't the typical wide open bombs, he threaded a needle or 2 and just looked the part. I only watched 2 drives and was impressed. I didn't know who he was, found out later that he was the kid coming to WI.

He has a lot of work to do, college is a whole other level, but there seems to be reason to be excited.

3. TomBrownFan40

TomBrownFan40 Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    Given the Badgers long tradition of recruiting quality offensive lineman, his signing with Wisconsin is a good indication the young man is a smart man.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2019
  4. Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000 Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.

Packer Fan Since: