1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Big Announcement Coming for 2015 Football Season!!

Be on the look out for a big Packer Forum announcement when the schedule is released. Full details coming soon...

FREEDOM IS NEVER FREE

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by Zero2Cool, Jun 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,966
    I just now found this thread..

Zero I for one loved the read...It does stop to make someone think..

Next time I hear someone say something bout the lost lives in Irag, I will mention the # of people killed by cars and ask them if they drive

:thumbsup:

2. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Good point!
    And our soldiers are fighting for the freedoms of others AND to keep the "bad guys" from coming HERE and setting off suicide bombs.
    I don't remember who said it, but all it takes for evil to win is for good people to do nothing.
    Plus.....think of how many senseless murders are commited everyday in this country, and for NOTHING! I bet lots more are murdered here everyday then are killed trying to fight for freedom.

3. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    I'm glad more have enjoyed it.

4. Lynch

Lynch Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    [align=left]I wonder what war do you mean? That one in Iraq?[/align]

5. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Hussein was a murdering tyrant. His regime tortured, raped, and gassed more people then we could count.
    The UN inspectors played his "cat and mouse" games all along. They would ask to inspect one of his buildings, and for a week or two he would say "NO!!!" Then all of the sudden, he would change his mind and say "Ok! You can go in now!" It doesn't take a genius to figure out he was hiding something. Otherwise why would he do this at several stops? "Lets see.....they want to inspect where I have the weapons, so say NO until i get them moved, then let them in!" It worked for the guy. The UN should have NOT taken NO for an answer, and forced their way in. But wussies won't do that of course.
    Because no one would do anything, we now have a nut case in North Korea with nukes and his itchy trigger finger on the button. Had someone stepped up to the plate and DID something about it, we COULD have stopped him. Now it's too late. It doesn't help to close the barn door once the cow is already out. So now we and future generations will have to sweat out if that nut case is gonna push the button.

6. Lynch

Lynch Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    [align=left]There´s no doubt that Hussein was a tyrant and the people would be better of without him. But acctully there have not been any diffrence exept the people are not anylonger controlled by the government and its not a tyrant state. But to why cost? Thousands of people dies and bilions are refugees in other countries. Hussein is gone that´s good but what does that matter to the dead?[/align]

7. Green_Bay_Packers

Green_Bay_Packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +110
    Well he is dead i fell for the people who died in war but to have him dead is good so there wont be any thing else sick happening.

8. digsthepack

digsthepack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Ultimately, there is a war coming...a really big and bad one between radical Muslims...who have been blowing the **** out of things and killing people for decades....and the civilized world. Unfortunately, the intellect of the average American cannot get past bumper sticker sloganeering..the stuff you would expect from 8th graders.

When someone says, "It is all about oil", say, yes...and then point out that for short-term political gains, the west has turned a blind eye to the festering ooze that is now seeping out of the middle east, precisely because the oil was kept flowing and cheap. So, yes...technically, it is about the oil. Iraq is nothing more than a central beachhead for the looming conflict. Personally, I wish politicians would leave war to their generals...if you are going to do it, don't do it in half-measures. Go in, kill **** and break things, achieve TOTAL victory, and do with the land and peoples as you wish. As was shown with the rebuilding of Germany and Japan...the US is a gracious victor who wishes nothing more than for civilizations to be civilized.

Yes, sadly, innocents will die....as they do in all wars. People seem to like to forget that Germany was brought to her knees in WWII in part with the bombing of Dresden...a non-military target filled with civilians.

War is ugly and cruel..always has and always will.....and is to be avoided at all costs. But when you comit to it, put foot firmly on neck and break the fuckers!

9. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Ask that to Hussein's own people. Like the ones he used mustard gas to kill. We could just turn a blind eye to the massacre.........act like it wasn't happening, that would make it all better, right? How can you say there isn't any difference without him there? His country was dirt poor, while he and his family lived in mansions. Now at least they have SOME chance.
    Billions in other countries are refugess because of us going in and taking him out? How? If you saw your neighbor beating his wife and children everyday, would you turn your back and ignore it? Even if having the guy thrown in jail would make his wife and kids have to find somewhere to live? Which is better? Besides, we are helping to build their country up, trying to have them become self sufficent.

10. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Oh Digs........you have hit many sore spots with me. You are SO right! WWII, we bombed Japan twice to end the war. Yes, it was bad, but necessary to end it. Yet unlike 99.9% of all winners in a war, we did not take over the country and make it "ours", like all other countries do when they defeat a foe. Instead, we allowed them to remain a country, and in fact defend them.
    Now..........if Iraq was "all about the oil"...........WHY didn't we take control and ownership of their oil wells??? Any other country would have said "It's OUR property now!" We wouldn't be paying over 3 bucks a gallon if it was "all about the oil".
    Vietnam could have been won in a couple days if like you said, we let the military do their job!
    Same with Iraq......we could have finished the job immediatly. But the politicians are afraid of the fallout if we did it that way. So instead we end up having to be there for years, and more of our guys suffer because of it.
    JMO of course.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.