Free Agents still available

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Arles, from what I've been told cut day doesn't exist in the NFL anymore. The benefits were removed in the last CBA and the increase in the salary cap means almost every team is under the salary cap so they don't have to cut veterans June 1st like they used to. With salaries not counting until the start of the regular season, the cut day now appears to be the final roster reductions after training camp. Unfortunately, adding a player then takes them several weeks to learn the system and be productive (i.e. Donald Lee).

And tromadz, I hope the Packers Board of Directors has a little bit higher standard of success when it comes to your idol than you do. One or two hits in free agency every three years simply doesn't cut it in the NFL anymore. That is, unless you're the Lions or Cardinals.

or the 3 time superbowl champion New England Patriots.

why is it that a person that agrees with what Thompson is doing in Green Bay is idolizing him. not one single person on this board thinks that TT can do no wrong... but there are several people that think he can do no good. we get roped into the TT Idol worship just because we think hes done more good things than bad during his SHORT time in green bay. simple as that... but go ahead and call me a name, and tell me im a blind idiot following a bigger idiot.

Lare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lare said:
Arles, from what I've been told cut day doesn't exist in the NFL anymore. The benefits were removed in the last CBA and the increase in the salary cap means almost every team is under the salary cap so they don't have to cut veterans June 1st like they used to. With salaries not counting until the start of the regular season, the cut day now appears to be the final roster reductions after training camp. Unfortunately, adding a player then takes them several weeks to learn the system and be productive (i.e. Donald Lee).

And tromadz, I hope the Packers Board of Directors has a little bit higher standard of success when it comes to your idol than you do. One or two hits in free agency every three years simply doesn't cut it in the NFL anymore. That is, unless you're the Lions or Cardinals.

or the 3 time superbowl champion New England Patriots.

why is it that a person that agrees with what Thompson is doing in Green Bay is idolizing him. not one single person on this board thinks that TT can do no wrong... but there are several people that think he can do no good. we get roped into the TT Idol worship just because we think hes done more good things than bad during his SHORT time in green bay. simple as that... but go ahead and call me a name, and tell me im a blind idiot following a bigger idiot.

As long as you asked Packnic, the difference as I see it between someone supporting a person and a person idolizing a person is this.

IMO, stating a fact as a fact is being objective. Stating an opinion as an opinion is being objective. But stating an opinion as fact is idolatry.

And I don't call people names. I feel people label themselves adequately without me having to do it.

MajicMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We don't sign free agents, we improve from within. And besides, we really don't need any of those guys, Frank Walker and a bunch more rookies are the final missing pieces we needed to be victorious this year.

Um, well at least that's what Ted said this weekend.

I read the beginning of your post and looked at your avatar and thought you really were TT. :thumbsup:

Thanks for stopping by.

Not much out there, that's for sure. Hope someone gets cut at RB, I guess. Yes...that's how TT operates. lol. TT the Trash Man.

Steven Davis anyone? He's def the cream o' the crop. Have to look at those TEs again.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i just think people need to quit taking one person's post (be it in regards to TT, Brett, the Packers organization as a whole) then extrapolating inferences to the most extreme end. Being a belligerent spin doctor is indeed a very stinky cologne.

evad04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They should get Domanick Williams (for those unaware, that's actually Domanick DAVIS. He changed his name in the offseason).

He's coming off an injury, but he had a good few years in Houston. He'd be sharing time, anyway.

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:
i just think people need to quit taking one person's post (be it in regards to TT, Brett, the Packers organization as a whole) then extrapolating inferences to the most extreme end. Being a belligerent spin doctor is indeed a very stinky cologne.

stetson-like.

i don't think it's trom idolizing him, as much as it is wanting to hump him. he's been trying to close that deal for a couple years now with no luck. Ted still isn't married though. i would try to woo him with a casual approach...you know, not too whorish but still nothing too serious. just start off as friends and see where it goes from there. also, get him drunk.

Members online