Free Agents DP would look at....

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know you guys are waiting to hear from a REAL expert so I will take a shot at what I think TT should be looking at from this point on. If I make a mistake and someone has already been sign please...........RIP THE HELL OUT OF ME!

Wide Receiver----
Terrell Owens....he will be a free agent after the eagles release him today. This is for a 1-2 year incentive laden contract IF Brett Favre returns. Favre is one of the few people that can keep him in line. Can't wait for Brett to make up his mind? Sign this guy and it sure would speed up the process!

David Givens....would be a nice #3 or even #2 receiver. I know his size isn't that great but he always makes plays in the big games.

Guard----
Kris Dielman....San Diego....I know he is a Restricted FA but he might be worth looking at anyway. He is light and athletic which is supposed to fit the new system we will be running.

Center----
Resign Flanny....for the same reason as Dielman. I think he will thrive in our new blocking scheme.

DE----
Willie McGinest....this is a need that we thought Mario Williams would fill but most experts are now saying he won't get to us picking #5. McGinest has a couple more years in him and makes plays against the run and can rush the passer. Might not have the size you are looking for but he is a FOOTBALL PLAYER. We can use a few of those.

LB----
Julian Peterson....everyone knows what he can do if healthy.

Cato June....Another RFA that is worth looking at. This guy was a stud for the Colts.

Safety
Chris Hope....Better stats than Palamalu at Pittsburg and only 25 years old.

or

Charles Woodson....I think he may extend his career if he moved to safety. Can use a veteran in our defensive backfield.

or

Lawyer Milloy....again.....veteran leadership in the defensive backfield.

Kicker
Nobody...Don't spend big bucks on a kicker. Hold massive tryouts or sign one cheap. There isn't much difference between the top kickers in the league and the "second tier kickers".

There you have it. This group and a good draft and we are SB bound.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Pretty much agree with you Depack...

(although you're going to be "ripped" by some here for suggesting Owens...by some holier than thou... GB fans...)

But the idea is to win games..right?

I would add Moulds to list of receivers if you can't get the other two..or you get only one of them...

Woodson...i don't know...that's a tough one...may be worth a shot...

and that's what you have to do in FA TT...take shots...

Are you listening there...Tightwad Teddy?

GakkofNorway

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Owens is nothing but a short term answer, he was good for the eagles as a short term receiver, but he totally destroyed the team in the end. I don't want mould either, why the hell do we want to have players with behavioural problems, isn't Carroll enough?

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah...take a shot like Joe Johnson!! More mistakes seem to be made with big buck FAs than anywhere else in football when building a roster. And most successes (performance/value) come with the middle tier guys who do not break the bank, are still hungry to prove themselves for today and tomorrow, and have an upside to grow.

****, man....let it play out. We have basically the entire FA period and the draft before we should be hitting the ceiling.

OP
OP
D

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
digsthepack said:
Yeah...take a shot like Joe Johnson!! More mistakes seem to be made with big buck FAs than anywhere else in football when building a roster. And most successes (performance/value) come with the middle tier guys who do not break the bank, are still hungry to prove themselves for today and tomorrow, and have an upside to grow.

****, man....let it play out. We have basically the entire FA period and the draft before we should be hitting the ceiling.

Easy my man...I'm no expert....just taking a shot!

Bruce

Cheesehead
Reaction score
GakkofNorway said:
like TT said, he isn't against the FA, he's against making expensive mistakes.

LOL Isn't that kind of like saying I am not against breathing, I am against breathing bad air -- while holding one's breath?

Please show me the GM who is all for making "expensive mistakes." I'll bet 31 other guys around the league are hitting themselves on the forehead saying, "Duh, I wish I'd a thunk of dat!"

Ranks right up there with Forrest Gregg saying, "If we had scored more points than the other team I think we would have won."

OP
OP
D

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
Pretty much agree with you Depack...

(although you're going to be "ripped" by some here for suggesting Owens...by some holier than thou... GB fans...)

But the idea is to win games..right?

I would add Moulds to list of receivers if you can't get the other two..or you get only one of them...

Woodson...i don't know...that's a tough one...may be worth a shot...

and that's what you have to do in FA TT...take shots...

Are you listening there...Tightwad Teddy?

I'd take Moulds....but I don't think he is a free agent yet. I don't think Buffalo release him. I may be wrong.

GakkofNorway

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bruce said:
GakkofNorway said:

LOL Isn't that kind of like saying I am not against breathing, I am against breathing bad air -- while holding one's breath?

more like saying I am not against drinking water, I am against drinking poisoned water -- while not drinking poisoned water.

Chamuko

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Digs I am with you BUT:

Now we have already signed our next superstar Safety, whats his name, mmmmmm, oh yes Marquand "cero interceptions" Manuel !!!! The best thing since the discovery of Cherrios.

And we have also found the next T.O. / Javon Walker/ Donald Driver / Jerry Rice combination, with all the good from each one and not even any of their bad issues, and we got him fro somewhere around minimum wage !!! This guys name is mmmmmmm,,,,,, I think well you must have seen him playing for mmmmmm.... $hit remember he got a bunch of touchdown catches with...mmmmmmmmmmmmm,, Oh yeah he spent the whole 2002 season out INJURED with a torn meniscus yes you got it the great and only Harry "THE STUD" Williams !!!!!! The next best thing since the discovery of cold beer !!!

So why worry about TO, etc.... And I am 100% sure we will find some more minimum wage help for the other spots you mentioned !!!! The fun has just began !!!

paxvogel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Would not sign TO but Ok with the rest of the suggestions although think we need a LB real bad, we have zero depth. Also believe Charles Rogers will get released by Detroit which used first round pick three years in a row for WR then yesterday signs Corey Bradford which makes no sense to me. Rogers, if fully recovered, may be OK but would drug screen first. I can't believe what some of these FA are getting, Bentley 36 million for 6 years and Hutchison has clause in his contract with Vikings that would make Seattle have to pay 50 million cash for them to retain so he will be a Viking.

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Love Hope and Dielman, but I think Givens going to Houston is all but a done deal.

Looks like we need a WR and Moulds would probably fit the bill but the word out of Buffalo is that he won't be released, at least not any time soon. I hope Javon and TT come to their senses and realize that it's best for both of them for Javon to remain a Packer.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
Wide Receiver----
Terrell Owens....he will be a free agent after the eagles release him today. This is for a 1-2 year incentive laden contract IF Brett Favre returns. Favre is one of the few people that can keep him in line. Can't wait for Brett to make up his mind? Sign this guy and it sure would speed up the process!

:stop:

that makes no sense to me. but thats me. i wont even begin to tell you how silly that is.

OP
OP
D

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
DePack said:
Wide Receiver----

that makes no sense to me. but thats me. i wont even begin to tell you how silly that is.

That's alright. I would have said the same thing last season. I was just thinking IF Favre came back we could sign him for a year or two and maybe catch lightning in a bottle. I will tell you one thing though, I watch every eagle game and until you see him play every week you don't realize how gifted he is. What a waste!

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bruce said:
Ranks right up there with Forrest Gregg saying, "If we had scored more points than the other team I think we would have won."

Absolutely.... CLASSIC - I snorted my beer when I read this one....
Like Bob & Tom, and Mr. Obvious!

I like the Chris Hope grab - wonder if TT's even bothered callin' his Agent?

Woodson, Moulds, and TO - uh-huh... no way. Too much money!
Two of 'em are lookin' to find a pasture to retire in (it's called "coasting").

Like stated before - the middle teir guys with something left to prove - not just out changin' teams because the weather looks like it might bring a SB ring their way. The NFL isn't like George Steinbrenner is just around the corner 'buying' Championships!

Good post, tho'

gotarace27

Cheesehead
Reaction score
GakkofNorway said:

Well if the signing of Sherman to a three year contract where we still owe him over 6 million isn't a expensive mistake what is? :roll: Teddy the Tightwad isn't afraid to throw money away...He's afraid to look like a dumba$$ in his heros eyes..(Ron Wolf) when he finally pulls the trigger.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
tromadz said:
DePack said:
Wide Receiver----

Yeah..a guy who averages over 20 TD's a year is just silly...

Just god-damn ridiculously sssthilly...!!!

(i fail to see the humor...SIGN HIM NOW..)

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
I hear ya IPB.....just taking a shot. You don't think moving Woodson to safety could prolong his career?

Good question - depends (I guess) on whether or not he wants to learn to play at Safety. which side - STRONG or free ...? With the Woodson boys, it's always been like they're out on an island and ya jjust leave 'em be.. they get the job done, period! This'd be like changin' horses in mid-stream...

Damn sure about one thing - I'm no expert...

The kicker, it seems, is that Woodson's a real smart guy - so it's not like he can't learn something new, and if he does, then he'd feel like a kid in the candy store all over again... but, will he hold up at Safety... that's the real question?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts