Rock Cartwright UFA Redskins
Ron Dayne UFA Broncos
Shaun Alexander UFA Seahawks
Shawn Bryson UFA Lions
Steve Bush UFA 49ers
Tony Fisher UFA Packers
Travis Minor UFA Dolphins
Verron Haynes UFA Steelers

A few more names could be added to the list after the first and second round of salary cap casulties are cut.

Price is always the deciding factor, but my guess is that with this much talent there will be some guys signing cheap. It's called market saturation for anybody who's never taken an economics class.

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's not a very impressive list. The couple of standouts who are there are on the down side of their careers and the rest are pretty much back ups.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What about anthony thomas. I always liked him, even in Chicago. He is better than Thomas Jones.

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
What about anthony thomas. I always liked him, even in Chicago. He is better than Thomas Jones.

He was okay but pretty much just a straight-ahead runner. He is still young but he is bouncing around now and that may be a hint that he will be a journeyman and then out of the game before long. By the way, he was given his shot in Chicago and never produced the same results that Jones has so why is he better?

Robin Yount

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This could get interesting within the Division. Rumor has it that the Queens may be looking at some of the top FA RB's this offseason too.

Since we have alot of cap space this offseason like the Queens, there may be a battle for FA's. Both teams need to fill similer holes - RB's, OL, LB. It may come down to which team FAs want to play for and which team is willing to spend.

Now I understand that Free Agency is not the end all be all to improve your roster, but a strategic signing or two of top quality players to fill holes can be worth it.

hoos

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:

Please share what you're smoking. Thomas Jones was a stud this year, Anthony Thomas didn't even see the light of day.

tkpckfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:

what in the world are you thinking jones is better by far than thomas. also check the stats

Bobby Roberts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Philtration said:
That's not a very impressive list. The couple of standouts who are there are on the down side of their careers and the rest are pretty much back ups.[/pink]

It's not the greatest list by far, but Edgerin James is a stud who is still going strong -- not on the downside yet. He's the best by far and should command the biggest contract of the group.

ravage

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think of all the guys who would demand a moderate to modest contract the most interesting to me is Chester Taylor. He'd be a guy I would focus on if we're interested in a FA RB.

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maurice Morris impressed me on saturday, he carved out some tough yards against a strong Washington defense this weekend--also he's a good pass reciever

Moe Williams, same thing, he could get a decent load of carries as well as be a solid 3rd down back

If the Ravens let Chester Taylor go, he'd be a potential guy to sign as a starting back

Bring back Tony Fisher as a blocker, situational guy, he knows the team, one of the few actual veterans left on the team, and I think a young offense will need that

Our depth chart...
1. Samkon Gado
1a. anyone who can contribute a solid 10-15 carries and other duties
3. Tony Fisher

Noah Herron is alright, but I see him making the practice squad and nothing more

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
JavonWalker084 said:
1. Samkon Gado
3. Tony Fisher

You give Samkon 20, 1a, 10 thats the min thats already 30 running plays a game. I think we topped 30 twice last year lol

Miskito

Cheesehead
Reaction score
JavonWalker084 said:
Our depth chart...
1. Samkon Gado
3. Tony Fisher

I think I'll invest in silk football socks.
:thumbsup:

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Philtration said:
tromadz said:

He was okay but pretty much just a straight-ahead runner. He is still young but he is bouncing around now and that may be a hint that he will be a journeyman and then out of the game before long. By the way, he was given his shot in Chicago and never produced the same results that Jones has so why is he better?

didnt he have 1000 yards one year...then was..demoted? 1000 yards with the line AT THAT TIME is pretty amazing.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tkpckfan said:
tromadz said:

what in the world are you thinking jones is better by far than thomas. also check the stats

there arent stats to compare by, he didnt get attempts. there are a lot of people in chicago who still dislike thomas jones and wish anthony thomas was here. I think anthony thomas could be a 1500 yard back with the o-line theb ears have now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts