Free agent CB Richard Sherman Ready to Play

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well it seems like the argument of some in this thread is that if a QB is really good, then he deserves a degree of personnel control. Sort of like how if GM's are super effective, we let them play a few snaps at QB. It just makes sense!
Anyone arguing that quarterbacks should get final decision making powers is ridiculous, but not as ridiculous as those arguing that talking to your best employee for an hour about choices is some kind of sin against humanity.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Anyone arguing that quarterbacks should get final decision making powers is ridiculous, but not as ridiculous as those arguing that talking to your best employee for an hour about choices is some kind of sin against humanity.

Who has said either of those things?

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Literally summed up perfectly.

Reaction score
Is there any evidence that Aaron Rodgers gave this FO the respect they deserve before hijacking the team plane and threatening to crash it? That’s what I want to know.

1. Did Aaron Rodgers ever attempt to set up a meeting with Gutenkunst to communicate with him in a respectful or professional manner?
1a. Was that meeting met with disdain by Brian or anyone representing him?

I’m glad Richard Sherman didn’t come here.
ps. I could not find anyway to link these thoughts whatsoever with this thread topic, so that’s the best closing argument I could surmise. :roflmao:

Last edited:

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Various posters. The Internet is a fountain of hyperbole.

Not that I’m seeing.

I don’t get the point of that comment. Virtually no one is saying Rodgers should get full personnel control, but they are virtually all calling for a lot more than a one hour conversation.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Even if Aaron Rodgers did, does or starts to recruit guys, what is his sales pitch "Come to Green Bay, I didn't want to stay here, but you are going to love it!"
It's " Maybe We Can Build A Snow---Man! "

D

Deleted member 6794

Aside from that Brady still had to perform. in all those contests and he did at a high level. The guy is going to approach 100,000 passing yards before retiring, I don’t think we can discount his singular contribution to his teams’ Offenses. He’s got a ridiculous competitive nature and he’s one of the most efficient QBs over the last generation. Also we can make excuses about other aspects, but they won’t change Aaron’s part in the matter.

Speaking to the thread specifically, Brady allows teams to attack FA due to his below market salary structure and willingness to keep an open line of communication with his FO. He obviously realizes that consistent winning is the best long term strategy. He’s smart to not look at these short term answers (like the vast majority of QBs) and his monetary, olive branch type strategy has allowed his teams to formulate a winning recipe. We can learn from that.

Taking a look at the numbers Brady hasn't been that effective in the playoffs though.

He ranks only 12th among 30 quarterbacks with at least 150 pass attempts in the postseason since 2001. Despite that he has won seven rings while the 11 QBs ahead of him have a combined five.

The reason for it being that he has benefitted from having top 10 scoring defenses in more seasons than any other QB.

And please, could we finally stop acting as if Brady has taken that much less money to allow his teams to spend way more money on the defensive side of the ball than Rodgers and the Packers???

Since 2008, when Rodgers became the starter, he will have counted a total of $287 million towards the cap after his current deal voids. Brady, over the same period, has accounted for $259.7 million of cap hits, an average of $1.7 million less than Rodgers per season. That should be considered a non-factor.

Last edited by a moderator:

realitybytez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Taking a look at the numbers Brady hasn't been that effective in the playoffs though.

He ranks only 12th among 30 quarterbacks with at least 150 pass attempts in the postseason since 2001. Despite that he has won seven rings while the 11 QBs ahead of him have a combined five.

The reason for it being that he has benefitted from having top 10 scoring defenses in more seasons than any other QB.

And please, could we finally stop acting as if Brady has taken that much less money to allow his teams to spend way more money on the defensive side of the ball than Rodgers and the Packers???

Since 2008, when Rodgers became the starter, he will have counted a total of $287 million towards the cap after his current deal voids. Brady, over the same period, has accounted for $259.7 million of cap hits, an average of $1.7 million less than Rodgers per season. That should be considered a non-factor.
truth

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Rodgers' defenses average more points allowed than any other playoff quarterback of all time? I think there's obviously some kind of minimum games qualifier somewhere, but I'm almost certain it's true.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Rodgers' defenses average more points allowed than any other playoff quarterback of all time? I think there's obviously some kind of minimum games qualifier somewhere, but I'm almost certain it's true.
I went back to 2010 and counted 20 playoff games (including SB).

Opponents have scored 532 points in those games for an average of 26.6 points/game. I didn't check to see if any of those points were scored by the opponents defense.

League average (for season) during that time period has been 22-24.8 points/game.

D

Deleted member 6794

That would take a long time to figure out. But here's something I found.

Since 2008, the Packers have given up an average of 26.6 points per playoff game. Out of the 26 teams that have played at least four playoff games since only the Cardinals have allowed more.

Reaction score

Since 2008, when Rodgers became the starter, he will have counted a total of $287 million towards the cap after his current deal voids. Brady, over the same period, has accounted for $259.7 million of cap hits
Its just peanuts, so send me a check for $27,300,000.00 and we’ll call it even :tup:
Wait! …wait wait.. not so fast!( in my best Eastern Indian accent and shaking my head side to side while scolding my index finger)
Brady’s cap hit for 2021-2022 is roughly $27,000,000 rounded (YES TOTAL). (Because we both have already determined that “cap hit” is all that matters :whistling:)

Rodgers cap hit for 2021-2022 is $73,000,000 rounded

So please Add $43,000,000 to that for a smooth $70,000,000 thank you you’re welcome!

PS. You can Venmo me or use Cashapp is my favorite. $OldschoolWinsAgain$ is my user. Be sure to call your lender first and raise your daily limit I think I had to do that last big debit I did like that.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 6794

Its just peanuts, so send me a check for $27,300,000.00 and we’ll call it even :tup:
Wait! …wait wait.. not so fast!( in my best Eastern Indian accent and shaking my head side to side while scolding my index finger)
Brady’s cap hit for 2021-2022 is roughly $27,000,000 rounded (YES TOTAL). (Because we both have already determined that “cap hit” is all that matters :whistling:)

Rodgers cap hit for 2021-2022 is $73,000,000 rounded

So please Add $43,000,000 to that for a smooth $70,000,000 thank you you’re welcome!

PS. You can Venmo me or use Cashapp is my favorite. $OldschoolWinsAgain$ is my user. Be sure to call your lender first and raise your daily limit I think I had to do that last big debit I did like that.

First of all, solely taking a look at two years of a quarterback's contract for some reason doesn't make any sense. In addition you need to add $24 million to Brady's total as his deal voids after the 2022 season and the Bucs will automatically take that cap hit.

In total Brady will have counted $78 million vs. the cap playing three years for the Bucs ($26 million average) while Rodgers will end up with a total cap hit of $103 million over that period.

If Gutekunst wouldn't have had to add a void year to Rodgers' deal his average cap hit would have been less than Brady's.

D

Deleted member 6794

semantics… one interpretation is referring to 2 complete seasons. the other… a single season spanning 2 calendar years.

While that's true it's pretty obvious Rodgers doesn't count $73 million towards the cap this season.

Members online

Latest posts