Free agent CB Richard Sherman Ready to Play

Reaction score
I would definitely prefer the Packers to figure out if Stokes is up to the task of playing outside opposite of Alexander before thinking about signing Sherman.
We got our answer Monday night. It’s affirmative he’s an instant upgrade. Actually impressive for a Rookie.
You have to realize that the Packers are on the hook for the entire salary for King even if they move on from him at this point.
He could be used on ST. That way he’s active if needed for injuries.

D

Deleted member 6794

We got our answer Monday night. It’s affirmative he’s an instant upgrade. Actually impressive for a Rookie.

He could be used on ST. That way he’s active if needed for injuries.

As mentioned above, King is definitely an upgrade over Sullivan in the slot though.

OP
OP
Krabs

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
Just imagine the criticism Rodgers would be faced with if he would have advocated for the Packers to sign Sherman.
I'm going with a lot. The media loves them some Rodgers bashing.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm going with a lot. The media loves them some Rodgers bashing.
Agree. The media is definitely in goad mode. He's a lightning rod for story creation for them. It's boring when he goes along with the team playing well. He will be asked this week why the Packers didn't make run for Sherman.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope Sherman has lost a step. Also, not sure how important, but Sherman plays the same position as Jaire.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
He also has rings to back up his demands ( if he asked for Sherman )

im sure if Rodgers would have won multiple SB, fans and media would be ok with his ways
And I'm sure if Rodgers had the greatest coach in the history of the league and like 16 top 10 defenses over his career instead of 2, he would have won multiple SB's. But I digress.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Letting your superstar QB make a difference in acquiring free agents. What a novel concept.
The defending super bowl champs were already getting thin at DB after 2 weeks with 2 starters in IR. A vet with his credentials signs for 2 million bucks because he was available and probably only wanted to play for a contender and wasn't getting offers from anyone else.

I doubt Brady made any decisions other than to ask Sherman to come play for them.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
The defending super bowl champs were already getting thin at DB after 2 weeks with 2 starters in IR. A vet with his credentials signs for 2 million bucks because he was available and probably only wanted to play for a contender and wasn't getting offers from anyone else.

I doubt Brady made any decisions other than to ask Sherman to come play for them.
Gronk, Fournette, AB, Bernard, etc. were all recruited by Brady.

Brady called Sherman. Reportedly. He's empowered to help recruit. To help in sealing the deal for acquiring talent. He's involved, he's been involved since joining the Bucs. All I am saying is that Rodgers should, at the very least, be given some of the same privileges in that regard. The fact that some (not you) feel as if that's some kind of foreign concept and that Rodgers is a horrible SOB for wanting the same is what I'm pushing back against.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd bet Rodgers makes his share of calls to people. I just don't think Brady has any special privileges, I think it's just different perception. As soon as Sherman said he was ready to play, I immediately thought Bucs.

#1 he wants to go to a contender
#2, they have a big Need already

Brady may have made a call, but I think you could put those same circumstances with any team and any QB and that team would be the likely landing spot.

Latest posts