Free Agency :(

brennan1884

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is anyone else as utterly dissapointed as I am. I mean c'mon Ted this could have been an oppurtunity to at the minimum bring some guys in to give our guys some competition. I really do not understand the non-signing of Justin Griffith. The guy is a top 3 fullback in the league and the Raiders signed him for around a million a year. Ill say that again(THE RAIDERS SIGNED HIM!!!!) We couldnt convince this guy to play for us as opposed to the worst team in the league???? Im sadly dissapointed in the offseason moves, we needed to bring in some talent, and we have not..........AT ALL!!!!
Ted thomspon better pray that Greg Olsen, Marshawn Lynch, or Reggie Nelson are acailable at thw 16th spot, becuase if not we might be forced to trade out of our pick, which i feel is a defanite possibility considereing Thompson's track record. The Packers turned 7 picks to 12 last year.
Packer Faithful, keep your fingers crossed!!!!

PackCrazed4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chicago Native on loan to Tallahassee, FL
I'm with ya. I really thought Teddy could get the momentum to make this like the '97 Broncos, they built a team around Elway, why couldn't that be done for us with Brett? I seriously had that mentality, there was so much out there to shove us into the competition, its all gone...

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And I'm not disappointed at all. Granted there were a few guys that I thought we could at least look at, but I'm also not convinced that Griffith was going to be a lot better than what we already have. The key is a LOT better. The wide receivers and tight ends didn't impress me that much either. The only guy out there that might be a difference maker is Moss and I'm not sure I want his character on this team. Sometimes that the best deals are the one's you didn't make. At the very least we're not much worse off than we were last year and had we not lost Ahman, we'd actually already be in better shape that the year before.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Free Agency isn't over so things can change fast. Pickett and Woodson signed late last year and both were very solid players for Green Bay especially, Charles Woodson.

However it is disappointing to see the Packers doing nothing this weekend. This was “supposed” to be the weekend the Packers make some moves for those 2nd tier free agents (like Ryan Pickett) but instead they seem to be doing nothing at all or very little with free agency. I wouldn't mind a James or Walker signing but I'm not going to jump out of my seat for either or.

The Packers are banking on a lot of in the house development and continuity and it could make or break this season.

smlutz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Free Agency isn't over so things can change fast. Pickett and Woodson signed late last year and both were very solid players for Green Bay especially, Charles Woodson.

However it is disappointing to see the Packers doing nothing this weekend. This was “supposed” to be the weekend the Packers make some moves for those 2nd tier free agents (like Ryan Pickett) but instead they seem to be doing nothing at all or very little with free agency. I wouldn't mind a James or Walker signing but I'm not going to jump out of my seat for either or.

The Packers are banking on a lot of in the house development and continuity and it could make or break this season.

Pickett was a first week signing....lol, but Woodson did not sign until May.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts