Chase Coffman TE 29 SEA
Garrett Celek TE 28 SF
Craig Stevens TE 32 TEN
Alex Smith TE 34 WAS
Logan Paulsen TE 29 WAS

Ceodore

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nothin here for me except maybe one of the Indy TEs, would rather give RR one more season to put up or shut up.

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hate to be a downer, but none of those names pop out at me. I'd rather us get a TE in the draft. The TE's on that list are either journeymen, or at the tail ends of their careers.

I guess maybe Coby Fleener, but meh. Can find some Fleeners in the draft.

Last edited:

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
....and RR is going to be stuck in wet cement just like he was every single time he caught a pass this year.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think they have to do something big with this position. RR is good at getting open and catching the ball but he could be the most immobile skill position player in the league. I don't see that getting better. Quarless does nothing for me and I don't see why he would return. This team desperately needs a Greg Olsen type to pair up with RR. I am good with using the 1st round pick on that cat from arkansas.

G0P4ckG0

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would like us to take a serious look at Dwayne Allen. Could probably get him for a decent price and he has yet to reach his fullest potential. However, Indy will likely end up re-signing him.

jaybadger82

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nothin here for me except maybe one of the Indy TEs, would rather give RR one more season to put up or shut up.

RR seems like a great guy. I like his hands but his blocking isn't good. More importantly, he's too damn slow to change directions, much less separate as a receiver.

TE is thought to be weak in the draft this year but there are FA options on the list above that I like better than RR to attack the middle of the field as a pass-catcher.

ThePerfectBeard

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would like us to take a serious look at Dwayne Allen. Could probably get him for a decent price and he has yet to reach his fullest potential. However, Indy will likely end up re-signing him.
Initially I was thinking the same thing, but I also haven't seen him play all that much. His 40 is 4.89 though which is RR type speed. Hopefully he has better game speed.

ThePerfectBeard

Cheesehead
Reaction score
RR seems like a great guy. I like his hands but his blocking isn't good. More importantly, he's too damn slow to change directions, much less separate as a receiver.

TE is thought to be weak in the draft this year but there are FA options on the list above that I like better than RR to attack the middle of the field as a pass-catcher.
This is an unbelievably weak tight end class. Next year is going to be so stacked!

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Fleener and Allen are worth a flyer (if either make it to free agency). Both are high draft picks and coming off of their rookie contracts.

D

Deleted member 6794

Ladarius Green is the only one out of the group I would be interested in.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Given this years class of TE Free Agents and the Packers class of TE's, this might be the one position of need that TT seriously needs to look at the first round (or trade back into the early second round) to improve it. Both Hunter Henry and OJ Howard could be around when the Packers pick 27th and may still be around early in the 2nd. I can see TT accumulating and extra draft pick by trading back into the 5th or 6th pick of the second and trying to grab one of them.

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Given this years class of TE Free Agents and the Packers class of TE's, this might be the one position of need that TT seriously needs to look at the first round (or trade back into the early second round) to improve it. Both Hunter Henry and OJ Howard could be around when the Packers pick 27th and may still be around early in the 2nd. I can see TT accumulating and extra draft pick by trading back into the 5th or 6th pick of the second and trying to grab one of them.
GB doesn't have a good history with drafting Arkansas players(Ahmad Carroll), but Henry is the real deal. He's a very reliable TE with hands every bit as good as RR, but much quicker and a good blocker. He gets up the field fast, and looks like a WR in his routes. Very high character kid. I'm sure he'll be on GB's board, but I don't know if they will take him in the 1st.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think they have to do something big with this position. RR is good at getting open and catching the ball but he could be the most immobile skill position player in the league. I don't see that getting better. Quarless does nothing for me and I don't see why he would return. This team desperately needs a Greg Olsen type to pair up with RR. I am good with using the 1st round pick on that cat from arkansas.
I would like that type of TE, but will that be available to us? I think Quarless is done with this team. It will be interesting to see who is available at draft time. I think RR is valuable, but you can't expect him to get YAC and make big plays, he'll make big catches, just let the route take him to where he needs to get to and then throw him the ball. I do think a full compliment of receivers next year will help open up the space he works in too, but regardless, a 2 yard pass isn't going to go further than 2 yards with him.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
GB doesn't have a good history with drafting Arkansas players(Ahmad Carroll), but Henry is the real deal. He's a very reliable TE with hands every bit as good as RR, but much quicker and a good blocker. He gets up the field fast, and looks like a WR in his routes. Very high character kid. I'm sure he'll be on GB's board, but I don't know if they will take him in the 1st.

Hunter Henry would be my pick. He just seems to be a perfect fit in the GB system. He blocks well and catches the ball well. Not calling him a Gronk, but he has some of the attributes that could make him a long time star in the NFL.

The report on Henry was that Arkansas did not target him a lot, yet in 13 games he had 51 catches for 739 yards (14.5 yds/catch) and 3 TDS. Those are pretty good numbers for a TE that wasn't targeted much.

ThePerfectBeard

Cheesehead
Reaction score

OJ Howard is going back to school unfortunately. It's really is Hunter or bust and we have to hope Hunter doesn't bust lol. I mean, there could be some surprises at the combine, but this year's class is weak. Next year's class is going to be one of the best in a long time.

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hunter Henry would be my pick. He just seems to be a perfect fit in the GB system. He blocks well and catches the ball well. Not calling him a Gronk, but he has some of the attributes that could make him a long time star in the NFL.

The report on Henry was that Arkansas did not target him a lot, yet in 13 games he had 51 catches for 739 yards (14.5 yds/catch) and 3 TDS. Those are pretty good numbers for a TE that wasn't targeted much.
I watched just about every game one of his games, and you're right. First and foremost, that was a running offense. And the QB was incredibly shaky during his career until the second half of this past year. Henry probably had most of his yards and TDs during this time, though there were many times he was wide open and the QB just couldn't get it to him before. Lots of reps as a run blocker in the toughest division in the country, so that's a plus.

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
OJ Howard is going back to school unfortunately. It's really is Hunter or bust and we have to hope Hunter doesn't bust lol. I mean, there could be some surprises at the combine, but this year's class is weak. Next year's class is going to be one of the best in a long time.
Hunter is as safe a pick as you can make at TE. He's already being predicted to be a 10 year starter and has received comparisons to Greg Olsen. Howard could be better, but he also has a higher probably of being a bust as a high round pick.

Members online

Latest posts