Fredrik's mock draft with trades V2.0

Fredrik87

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pick values are according to the Jimmy Johnson trade value chart.

Pick 30: Denzell Mims.

Mims makes some of the most ridicules catches you'll ever see a WR make and has a athletic profile not all that dissimilar to Julio Jones.
His 6.66 3 cone was the best of WR's at the combine and his 4.38 forty, 38.5'' vertical, 131" broad and bench press reps where all extremely impressive.
He had over a 1,000 yards in 2 of the last 3 years and the one year he didn't he was playing through a broken hand. He's also a good blocker.
The guy is a beast.
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Picks 62 & 192 traded to LV for picks 81&91. 62&192=297.4 vs 81&91=321

Pick 81: Cameron Dantzler, CB, Miss St.

I know a lot of people here aren't fans of this guy but I don't believe he runs 4.64 you don't run that slow and shut down all of the Bama WR's, Jamar Chase or chase down Lamar Jackson from across the field like he did when your that slow. He's also good against the run.

Pick 91:Logan Wilson, ILB, Wyoming.

Logan Wilson fills another position of need and is a all around good player.
He's a great coverage LB and has had at least one INT in every year of his career with a career best 4 last year.
He's also a great tackler with 90+ tackles and at least one sack in every CFB season he's played and he had 8.5 TFL last year as well.
I would absolutely love the packers to draft this guy.

Pick 94: Ben Bartch, OT, St.Johns.

Can't claim to know a ton about this guy but he only allowed 4 pressures and zero sacks last year per PFF while receiving a 97.0 pass blocking grade from them, against D3 but still fairly impressive.
And his top match on mockdraftable is Bryan Bulaga.

Picks 136 traded to Dolphins for picks 173&185. Pick 136 =38 vs picks 173&185=37.2
Pick 173: Reggie Robinson II, CB, Tulane

Had a breakout year in 2019 with 3 interceptions and 13 passes defensed while allowing only one TD(per PFF).
Robinson is also has the 4th highest forced incompletion % over the past two years per PFF.
Robinson is also a great athlete at the combine he posted a 4.44 sec 40 yard dash, 36"vert, 132" broad and 22 bench reps which was good enough for top ten at his position in each category

Pick 175: James Proche, WR, SMU.

This guy has great hands(best among WR's according to Daniel Jeremiah of NFL.com).
He also has good college production 1,200+ yards and 15 TD's.
And good at making contested catches.

Pick 185: McTelvin Agim, DT, Arkansas.

Ran the 40 in under 5 seconds at over 300 pounds and had 5 sacks last year has a lot of upside.

Pick 208: Kevin Dotson, G, Louisiana.

People Mover in the run game needs some work in the passing game but could develope into a great player with good coaching IMO.

Pick 236: JJ Taylor, RB, Arizona,

Short guy with a low center of gravity and a vicious stiff arm.

Pick 242: Bryce Huff, OLB, Memphis.

Alright that's it let me know what you guys think.

Last edited:

DoURant

Go Pack Go!
Reaction score
After learning a couple days ago that Mims played with a broken hand 2 seasons ago, I have a new respect for him as an option for us in this draft.

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not sure if I like Bartch that high, I'm okay with him in the 4th.

Proche didn't run at the Combine, and I suspect it's because he probably would have ran 4.6. He gets jammed at the line all too easily as well. He's not the slot we're looking for in my opinion. He's totally off my board.

Last edited:

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
After learning a couple days ago that Mims played with a broken hand 2 seasons ago, I have a new respect for him as an option for us in this draft.

I guess a scout told Zierlein that he was also playing through a foot issue in 2019. If that's true, it might help explain why he looked so much better at the Sr. Bowl than he did on tape.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
@Fredrik87

I'm obviously on board with Mims in the 1st round, among a few other WR names.

I don't think it's that people aren't fans of Cam Dantzler, it's that if his 4.64 is real then the odds of him succeeding are close to zero. That said, I've said several times that if his real speed is mid 4.5's or faster, then he's exceedingly interesting because of his cover skills. He's on my list of guys I would draft, assuming that the 4.64 was just a bad run.

Logan Wilson's skill set is a nice fit as a companion and heir apparent to Kirksey. One thing to bear in mind, however, is that he's an old prospect coming out of a group of 5 conference. Teams might take his production with a grain of salt, given that he was a 23 yo playing against MWC competition this last year.

Like you, I have not done a lot of tape watching of St. Johns football. So I get what you mean about Bartch. However, he excelled at the Sr. Bowl and the people who I trust to assess offensive line seem to think he has starting potential. I really wish that we had metrics on him because of the level of competition jump, but one can see that he clearly has movement skills. If you're convinced that he has potential to be a starting OT, then the 3rd should probably be the floor for where you mock him. It's rare for OT's with starting chops to fall into day 3 unless they have some serious durability or character issues.

From what I've read/heard, Robinson is going to get pretty high in the draft. I've heard several people who are fairly plugged in calling him a day 2 player. I would certainly gamble on his talent at #173. I don't think I'd take him on day 2, as he does his best work in zone and will probably have a lot of Josh Jackson's learning pains as as a man to man player.

James Proche definitely does have amazing hands. And the value is just fine at #175. I can see him carving out a role as a chain moving possession player. I do have to say, however, that I would be a little crestfallen if the Packers took two wide receivers and neither of them had YAC skills.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
From what I've read/heard, Robinson is going to get pretty high in the draft. I've heard several people who are fairly plugged in calling him a day 2 player. I would certainly gamble on his talent at #173. I don't think I'd take him on day 2, as he does his best work in zone and will probably have a lot of Josh Jackson's learning pains as as a man to man player.

I'm mildly proud that I pegged him as a favorite CB of mine before he started climbing up many boards. Too much to like about him, I suspected his days of predicted 6th round or so would be long gone the closer we got to the draft. I like him, A LOT, but I'm not a 2nd round fan at all....end of the 3rd depending what has come our way and what CBs are off the board MAYBE...but even then I'm probably setting with guys I have pegged much better at other positions I couldn't pass up. 4th round I think is the highest I've taken him in any of my mocks...but I've ALWAYS kept track of where he is in any mock that I've done.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I also love JJ out of Arizona - cat reminds me of MJD somewhat. Small package but surely willing to dish a punch. Shifty, and can hide behind ANY blocker. I have him circled as a favorite of my 6th/7th round RBs.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts