1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Frank Winters house broken into

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by longtimefan, Jul 13, 2007.

1. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +3,483
    Winters home broken into

The thieves stole more than $50,000 worth of property, according to the police report. The stolen goods include Winters' Super Bowl ring valued at $10,000, and his 1997 NFC Championship ring valued at $7500. Winters' also lost his signed picture of Mickey Mantle and Joe DiMaggio and a Jeep SUV.

2. Heatherthepackgirl

Heatherthepackgirl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Was Winters orginally from Kansas? I wished he was still playing, he was awesome playing football!! Its so sad that people have to do these things, they know eventually they will get caught so I dont see why they do it. Just a sad story, and if his neighborhood has been targeted many times, dont think I would still be living there.

3. net

net Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +86
    One thing they didn't mention is whether the thieves stole his bag of doughnuts.

4. Pack93z

Pack93z You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime

Ratings:
    +22
    I had heard that he had trimmed some of the bulk since retirement so MAYBE they did steal his doughnuts :)

[​IMG]

5. vike4life

vike4life Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    That sucks! I wonder where a person would plan on selling Super Bowl and a Championship ring. I have to believe they would be pretty hard items to move.

6. PackFanInSC

PackFanInSC Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

The article didn''t say anything about the police response time. Probably had every police car in town parked in his driveway. :rotflmao:

7. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Thats true.....it would have to be done underground so to say.

8. Pack93z

Ratings:
    +22
    Maybe a quick trip to the local bakery might assist in the capture of the suspect... :rotflmao:

[​IMG]

9. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    I'm glad someone make the "Frankie bag a doughnuts" joke before i got on here. I didn't want to be the one to say it! :rotflmao:
    Which reminds me.......I may have told this story before, (I'm old now and don't remember for sure) But a few years ago I and my wife were taking a drive up north. My wife was hungry for a doughnut, so we stopped at one of these 24 hour convienience/gas stations. There were 2 Police cars parked in front of it, and when we went in BOTH cops were standing right by the doughnut display! So I said VERY loudly, "See honey? I TOLD you that if you wanted doughnuts all you had to do was look for where the Police cars were!" I was smiling when i said it......but they were NOT amused! My poor wife was trying to hide, and the Cops stared at me the whole time. (But they didn't leave the doughnut display!) :rotflmao:

10. Pack93z

Ratings:
    +22

Cheesey after making fun of the police officers.... pair of steel doughnuts for his wrists :rotflmao:

[​IMG]

11. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    COOL SHORTS!!!! :thumbsup: :rotflmao: