Fox Sports Rd1 Mock....LenDale White???

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"5. Green Bay Packers - LenDale White, RB USC
Do you honestly believe the Packers are going to pin the hopes of their running game on Sam Gado? "

Yes, Yes I do.

Gado is impressive. I still want us to get another decent RB. Maybe re-sign Davenport or Fisher, BUT NOT BOTH. Get an Anthony THomas or Foster in Free Agency...

we are good at RB. We have a lot more needs to fix than our RB (you know, the kid who improved week after week and got 100 yards before halftime TWICE. Yeah, lets replace HIM. What an ********!)

PackwillBEback

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Running Back is not the greatest concern, I have faith in Gado and keep Davenport rather than use the 5th pick overall in the draft on not our greatest need. Defense is our greatest need meaning AJ Hawk or Mario Williams.

There are tons of RB's in the draft. After Bush I don't see why using a top 5 pick on a RB when there is a ton of them.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PackwillBEback said:
Running Back is not the greatest concern, I have faith in Gado and keep Davenport rather than use the 5th pick overall in the draft on not our greatest need. Defense is our greatest need meaning AJ Hawk or Mario Williams.

There are tons of RB's in the draft. After Bush I don't see why using a top 5 pick on a RB when there is a ton of them.

This part (underlined) is probably going to go the other way.
Somehow, I just don't see the Packers keeping Davenport. Can't explain it, call it a gut instinct. Many in our Club were 'sure' that Wahle would still be around, and I argued against it. No offense, but, my ESP tells me, Najeh gets used for draft picks, possibly in the future.

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IPBprez said:
PackwillBEback said:

This part (underlined) is probably going to go the other way.
Somehow, I just don't see the Packers keeping Davenport. Can't explain it, call it a gut instinct. Many in our Club were 'sure' that Wahle would still be around, and I argued against it. No offense, but, my ESP tells me, Najeh gets used for draft picks, possibly in the future.
Davenport is an URFA. I doubt the Pack would sign him period let alone sign him to try and trade him.
His injury history doesn't make him a hot commodity in MHO.

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I dont know about white...I dont think he played enough to see him considering that he was playying behind the hiesman trophy winner. Yet I wouldnt mind seeing him in GB. But not in the first round. If I could choose any running back( considering that BUsh is out of it) it would be Laurence Maroney. I think this guy is going to be a great running Back.

Chamuko

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Je,je,je.....no way Jose !!!!!!

Maybe we will pick a Punter with #1, then a long snaper with # 2 and then a holder with #3

I like this better !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

calicheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I do like white. He's the real deal and a great all around back. Great hands, punishing runner. That being said, if we do not trade our # 5 for more picks, then we need a very special player with that pick. I for one would not be displeased to get that 6' 7" DE everyones been talking about, the next Peppers kid. If we can get out OL in shape then we could plug and play with some very serviceable backs out there, Green and Gado included.

fvre4mvp

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Green doesn't sign it's a longshot. I beleive we should have more faith in Gado. He proved himself in the games he played plus he's hungry. The drawback is fumbling but I think fumbiltis is in the water in Green Bay. We can't ignore the defense 2 years in a row!!

paxvogel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's Fox folks, the network that thinks reality TV is quality programming. They will say or do anything to get attention and that is all this is. White may not even go in the first round, he is more a pro type fullback with few lateral moves.

Toronto_Cheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
agopackgo4 said:
I dont know about white...I dont think he played enough to see him considering that he was playying behind the hiesman trophy winner. Yet I wouldnt mind seeing him in GB. But not in the first round. If I could choose any running back( considering that BUsh is out of it) it would be Laurence Maroney. I think this guy is going to be a great running Back.

White may have played behind Bush, but he was still a 1000 yard rusher at USC.

GakkofNorway

Cheesehead
Reaction score
agopackgo4 said:

The problem with Maroney is that other backs running behind the same offensive line at Minnesota have looked just as good as him.

It might just be the line that is amazing, and Maroney might just be an ordinary back. Lendale White looks better.

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree with what you said about the Minnesota O line, but then again we can put that exact same thing on Reggie Bush, And White. They both had a good o line they both rush for over a thousand yards. There isnt any reason to believe that Maroney is going to be as good as White or Bush. In fact I think he will turn out better than Bush I think his size and his style of running will fit in better with the NFL. Nothing against Bush I think he has a carrerr ahead of him too.

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
collegefootball.com has Lendale White going to the Pack at 5 and Hawke going to Buffalo at #8.
I don't believe it will go down this way but what the hell do I know.

I just wish the draft wasn't so far away. This speculation stuff is grating on my nerves.

JbShell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thing is the combine will seperate alot of the players that are currently listed higher than they should be. I dont think Lendale white will go as high as people think.

PackerTraxx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't believe White is worth a #5 pick. I don't think they do either, they're just trying to get some one to pay attention to them.

OhioNative

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the pack should resign Green for 1 more year, keep Gado and find a backup in free agency then concentrate on the #5 pick with a defensive player Hawk or maybe the DE from North Carolina. :p

gopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
lol this is ridiculous lendale white isnt a #5 pick period hes a more of a 15 to a 20 the fact is that the packers will not take him i believe that the packers have narrowed it down to AJ and MARIO they are 2 impact players on ddefense and weve all seen what one player like polamalu or urlacher can help a defense so much. So why would they waste a #5 pick on a average NFL player when you could get a Possible legend in mario or Aj

gopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
lol this is ridiculous lendale white isnt a #5 pick period hes a more of a 15 to a 20 the fact is that the packers will not take him i believe that the packers have narrowed it down to AJ and MARIO they are 2 impact players on ddefense and weve all seen what one player like polamalu or urlacher can help a defense so much. So why would they waste a #5 pick on a average NFL player when you could get a Possible legend in mario or Aj

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts