Four Days Of Cheesehead Nirvana

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
Got back from GB on Sunday. It was one of the most awsome experiences I have had. Just to be immersed in my fellow cheesheads. It was superbowl atmosphere, there was partying everywhere. Had to wade thru beer cans and bottles in my sandles. Everyone was cool. Not like going to a game out here. Saw a couple of cops shooting the bull and told them if this was Oakland they would be working hard.

So anyway here is my photo essay of my trip. My pics of the game don't measure up to the Drewmisters, in all the excitement I forgot to put on the long lens before I left the room. We Flew in Wednesday evening and after we settled in at the Cambria Suites we headed to gameday village.
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Made this little video

On Gameday we came out of our hotel. Deion Sanders and Mike Mayock were getting into a car. Mike was cool, Deion wouldnt even look up. He was just as I always thought he was, a ****. Went over to the Stadium and checked out the Proshop. After loading up with about 350 dollars worth of stuff for all the family. While I was in there a cameraman was filming for the NFL network show. Had me hold up my ring and yell into the camera. I called anyone I could think of to record the NFL network pregame to see if I showed up. Anybody happen to record that?

Met The Gravedigger, Gilbert Brown at a tailgate then joined the party on the streets. On the way to the stadium I added a little flair to my face.

On to the game. I was teary eyed when I took this. My firt view inside Lambeau

The Cardinal of Lambeau and his ring

My wife Stephanie

Right after Cobbs touchdown. The Fearsome Foursome part Deaux.

The next day we were gonna take the stadium tour but heard at our hotel that there would be pictures and autograph signings at stadium view, so went and got in line. Guess who I get in line behind, The Drewski.

Got Autographs from Crosby, Finnley,Clifton and pics with Cobb, Buluga and Starks. I said to Crosby, "can't wait till you make a 56 yard game winner" he smiled and said "how bout we make it a 35 yard kick". Said to Cobb, Wow two Lambeau leaps in your first game. He said "Yes sir, it was special".They had a stage set up in the parking lot with a DJ. I won an autographed football with the Claymaker, Starks and Buluga. Then there was a Q&A afterward with all of them plus Clay that was MC'd by Leroy Butler. It was an Awsome day.

Funny Story, Clay saw my flipflops and being the So Cal boy he is, wanted to know how I got my OluKai Hiapo sandles. They wern't supposed to be out until next summer. I told him to tweet me and I would hook him up with my dealer, Geppetto. ;>)

Did the Hall of Fame and Stadium tour on Sat.

Picked up this nice pic on canvas

Flew home on Sunday morning exhausted, but I had achived a higher conciousness.

The End

Attachments

• Gamedayvillage.jpg
    Gamedayvillage.jpg
    280.4 KB · Views: 142

The Drew

The Drew Cave
Reaction score
Loved the video Mark... Im glad you and your wife had a great time... it was awesome meeting up with you... Great times! Glad you made it home ok... I will let you know about the trip to SD... Great pics! I will post yours up here in this thread...

The Drew

The Drew Cave
Reaction score

gbpack12_2_89

Bleeding Green and Gold
Reaction score
That was you on NFL network!!!! I saw a guy hold up his ring in like a tent area and I was like was that really realcaliforniacheese!!! lol it was man thats cool I am glad that you got to come to Lambeau and see the Packers play on opening night kickoff it was truley something special.

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
WhoooHOOO!!! I've been popping on all day to see if you told your story yet!!!
* I don't know how I missed it earlier!

LOL!! Love the flip flop story!:barefoot: Hilarious!!!!

So glad you guys had a great time! Thanks so much for sharing!!!:)

OP
OP
realcaliforniacheese

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
Loved the video Mark... Im glad you and your wife had a great time... it was awesome meeting up with you... Great times! Glad you made it home ok... I will let you know about the trip to SD... Great pics! I will post yours up here in this thread...

Drewmister, Drewman, Drewamundo... Thanks for the pics. Come on out in November, visit the family and come to the game. It is going to be a heluva tailgate party.

The Drew

The Drew Cave
Reaction score
I will try Mark... only thing is that I think the family is coming up here for Thanksgiving and if not, Kelly and I might go to the Thanksgiving Day game in Detroit....

The Drew

The Drew Cave
Reaction score
I will try Mark... only thing is that I think the family is coming up here for Thanksgiving and if not, Kelly and I might go to the Thanksgiving Day game in Detroit....

Mr. StyleZ

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
First off great pics!

Secondly.. I think it's hilarious both you and Drew got questioned about what you were wearing on your feet. Seriously, what are the odds of that?!

Latest posts