Forum League

Ghost of Billy Mays

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Does this site run a fantasy league? If so, I want in. I'd be willing to bet others would be in as well, assuming there isn't already one.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I do not know of an "official" one..

No harm in someone just starting one up

3irty1

Fear the Dreads!
Reaction score
I've never done one before, but I wouldn't mind trying it out if some1 could fill me in on the details.

robdog

Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know we tried to get something going last year, just not enough interest. I am sure we can try something again this year. And I know we can get enough people in the league this year.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
In as well. Maybe one of the fantasy leagues I try to make for this forum will actually be a success. (See: baseball, tournament pick 'em, there's other sports besides football, guys. :lol: )

OP
OP
Ghost of Billy Mays

Ghost of Billy Mays

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Looks like there is some interest. I assume Jess would run the show (commish), how about getting something set up for the diehards. As my slap-happy grand-pappy always said, it's never too early for fantasy football. BTW, what's this basey-ball sport you speak of?

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
I'm not starting this in May. We can't draft now. Too much could go wrong. Injuries in camps, off field issues, retirements/unretirements, that kind of stuff.

I'd look for a league some time in late July to early August. Just before the preseason when we have a better sense of who's playing where.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Last season the league I was in held the draft pretty early, and one guy drafted Brett Favre, while he was retired, with a late pick. Everyone laughed about it and he did it as a joke, but it turned out to be one of his best picks. Might be better if we wait til the last preseason game

TheGiftedApe

TheGiftedApe
Reaction score
I feel stupid for making a different post now somehow i went threw 10 other posts but not this one. I am in for sure. I mentioned in my other post, if people were really interested, if we had enough owners in the league we could all pitch in 10-20$ so the winner could get a pair of packer tickets for 2011 or something, that might be more of something for next years league though if we can get this going.

I would say have the draft no later than the first pre-season game, Preferably the last weekend of july or the first of august, I don't mind drafting early, just makes it that much harder to hit on all of your picks. The draft is really a small part of the whole fantasy thing anyways, whoever makes the best FA pick-ups, and plays the right players on the right days is who does well.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
I was planning on maybe a week before the first preseason game or something.

And you're right, the draft isn't the most important, but it's the most fun. :)

Members online

Latest posts