1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Forum League

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football' started by Ghost of Billy Mays, Apr 2, 2010.

1. Ghost of Billy Mays

Ghost of Billy Mays Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +10
    Does this site run a fantasy league? If so, I want in. I'd be willing to bet others would be in as well, assuming there isn't already one.

2. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,942
    I do not know of an "official" one..

No harm in someone just starting one up

3. A12ROD903

A12ROD903 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +22
    Im in! Lets do it!

4. 3irty1

3irty1 Fear the Dreads!

Ratings:
    +115
    I've never done one before, but I wouldn't mind trying it out if some1 could fill me in on the details.

5. robdog

robdog Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Ratings:
    +304
    I know we tried to get something going last year, just not enough interest. I am sure we can try something again this year. And I know we can get enough people in the league this year.

6. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,014
    Im in. Love Fantasy football.

7. Jess

Jess Movement!

Ratings:
    +471
    In as well. Maybe one of the fantasy leagues I try to make for this forum will actually be a success. (See: baseball, tournament pick 'em, there's other sports besides football, guys. :lol: )

8. 3irty1

3irty1 Fear the Dreads!

Ratings:
    +115
    LIES! what are you... EUROPEAN?!

9. Ghost of Billy Mays

Ghost of Billy Mays Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +10
    Looks like there is some interest. I assume Jess would run the show (commish), how about getting something set up for the diehards. As my slap-happy grand-pappy always said, it's never too early for fantasy football. BTW, what's this basey-ball sport you speak of?

10. CM_Awesome

CM_Awesome Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    I'm in as well! Great idea Mays! :)

11. Cincinnati Cheesehead

Cincinnati Cheesehead Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +16
  12. NYPacker

NYPacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +38
    I'm up for it too. So when will we start this?

13. Jess

Jess Movement!

Ratings:
    +471
    I'm not starting this in May. We can't draft now. Too much could go wrong. Injuries in camps, off field issues, retirements/unretirements, that kind of stuff.

I'd look for a league some time in late July to early August. Just before the preseason when we have a better sense of who's playing where.

14. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,014
    Last season the league I was in held the draft pretty early, and one guy drafted Brett Favre, while he was retired, with a late pick. Everyone laughed about it and he did it as a joke, but it turned out to be one of his best picks. Might be better if we wait til the last preseason game

15. TheGiftedApe

TheGiftedApe TheGiftedApe

Ratings:
    +77
    I feel stupid for making a different post now somehow i went threw 10 other posts but not this one. I am in for sure. I mentioned in my other post, if people were really interested, if we had enough owners in the league we could all pitch in 10-20$ so the winner could get a pair of packer tickets for 2011 or something, that might be more of something for next years league though if we can get this going.

I would say have the draft no later than the first pre-season game, Preferably the last weekend of july or the first of august, I don't mind drafting early, just makes it that much harder to hit on all of your picks. The draft is really a small part of the whole fantasy thing anyways, whoever makes the best FA pick-ups, and plays the right players on the right days is who does well.

16. Jess

Jess Movement!

Ratings:
    +471
    I was planning on maybe a week before the first preseason game or something.

And you're right, the draft isn't the most important, but it's the most fun. :)

17. armand34

armand34 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +273
    I am absolutely in, especially if you wanna do a LIVE ONLINE DRAFT VIA YAHOO...that works pretty well!