Forum Contest.

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All great stories!!!

About two years ago my Mom was diagnosed having Alzheimer's disease, at that time I hadn't seen her or my family back in WI for over 3 years. We decided to take a vacation back there for a visit, to see Lambeau Field, and of course get tickets to the Steeler/Packer game. Game day was bitter cold, but just driving up to Lambeau Field I had a knot in my throat, walking in the place was a dream come true for me. But at the game, when I seen Brett Favre take the field I had tears running down my face, finally I got to see him in person. We lost that game, but it didnt seem to matter, I was looking at my hero at QB playing his heart out. I spent some quality time with my Mom and family. But when it was time to leave, saying goodbye to my Mom was the hardest, knowing I maynot see her again. I clamped onto her and didnt want to let her go. I cried all the way to the airport and back home to CA. It hurts me so much that I live so far away from Mom.

Since69

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NDPackerFan said:
I know this isn't going to make me eligible for this contest but that's okay...

My daughter Sydni, who is in the first grade, was crying in her room a while back and I went in to ask her what was going on...now, typically it's because her brother (who is in pre-school) fought over a toy or what game they were going to play or whatever...not this time.

Sydni was crying because she was watching t.v. and saw that her favorite Packer was going to be running the ball for the Houston Texans next season. I comforted her and said that the Packers will do everything they can to get another RB just as good or better. My favorite part of this story is what comes next...with tears streaming down her face, she says to me, "do you think you can sell my Ahman jersey and get me one of Nick Barnett?"

It was one of those "you had to be there" moments but I thought it was awesome coming from a little girl who just turned 7 years old...maybe I am doing something right in the parent category.

ND - You just got nominated for Parent of the Year 2007.

Well... that's if you get her the Barnett jersey...

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zombieslayer said:
NDPackerFan said:
I know this isn't going to make me eligible for this contest but that's okay...

My daughter Sydni, who is in the first grade, was crying in her room a while back and I went in to ask her what was going on...now, typically it's because her brother (who is in pre-school) fought over a toy or what game they were going to play or whatever...not this time.

Sydni was crying because she was watching t.v. and saw that her favorite Packer was going to be running the ball for the Houston Texans next season. I comforted her and said that the Packers will do everything they can to get another RB just as good or better. My favorite part of this story is what comes next...with tears streaming down her face, she says to me, "do you think you can sell my Ahman jersey and get me one of Nick Barnett?"

It was one of those "you had to be there" moments but I thought it was awesome coming from a little girl who just turned 7 years old...maybe I am doing something right in the parent category.

ND - You just got nominated for Parent of the Year 2007.

Well... that's if you get her the Barnett jersey...

Already been done...how could I resist?

flep

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When did I cry after a Packer game.???

The first time was definately afetr the NFC Championship Game at Dallas in 96.

I couldn't believe we had a fallen at the fnal hurdle. It wasn't the loss that made me cry it was the nature of the loss. I truly believed at the time and still do to this day that we were cheated by the Refs and Dallas that day. I could not believe the cheapshots that the cowboys players gave all game. Especialy the ones on Jurkovic and Reggie. Reggie White was such a mild mannered person and to see him screaming at the cameraman on the side line to get out of his face upset me. The refs knew what was going on and let the cowboys get away with every nasty play and trick in the book.

That loss took me a good 3 months months to get over.

The next time I cried. When the clocked ticked 0:00 at the end of the 4th qtr of superbowl XXXI

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When did I cry after a Packer game.???

The first time was definately afetr the NFC Championship Game at Dallas in 96.

I couldn't believe we had a fallen at the fnal hurdle. It wasn't the loss that made me cry it was the nature of the loss. I truly believed at the time and still do to this day that we were cheated by the Refs and Dallas that day. I could not believe the cheapshots that the cowboys players gave all game. Especialy the ones on Jurkovic and Reggie. Reggie White was such a mild mannered person and to see him screaming at the cameraman on the side line to get out of his face upset me. The refs knew what was going on and let the cowboys get away with every nasty play and trick in the book.

That loss took me a good 3 months months to get over.

The next time I cried. When the clocked ticked 0:00 at the end of the 4th qtr of superbowl XXXI
It was a good story!
I was at that Dallas game. I too felt like it was a set up.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I figured it was her, but didn't know for sure.
Speaking of.........has anyone heard from her? I emailed her, but haven't got a response.

OP
OP
R

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Actually I did not hear so I bought two NCAA Final Four shirts. I called it a tie between 4Packgirl and Dakota.

4Pack and Dakota I have been very busy and was down in Jacksonville FL doing some work. I have both of your shirts sitting on the chair 15 feet to my left. I will have them in the mail in the next couple of days.

Also... Dakota... I could only get you a Large. Sorry. You may have to give it to someone as a gift. Large was all they had left after the game.

I have your addresses. Enjoy.

R.P.

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
sorry everyone - i AM alive & kickin but VERY busy. back to work full time now & having a problem with one of my kidneys - yay me! but doing well, nonetheless. take care y'all. :)

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Glad your back, so sorry to hear about your problems with your one kidney...hope its not serious....I do know about working full time and trying to get on here just not enough time in the day...

My prayers are with you my friend, get well soon...

Members online

Latest posts