Forum Contest.

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
R.P. is going to run a contest.

I think we all need some fresh, flowing oxygen into this forum. New posts topics that are fresh.... As the off season is getting to be an old read real fast here on the Packer Forum.

It has been the old re-hash here... over and over again. There are too many great posters and minds here to not make it a great read every day. We are all stuck on the same topics....

1. Ted is doing nothing
2. Ted is doing the right thing.
3. We need a TE.
4. We need Randy.
5 We do not need Randy.
6. Trade down.
7. Trade Up.
8. Our Running game in 2007/08

I, R.P. in the interest of myself (A feller who likes to read this forum.) am going to run a contest.

The winner will be mailed a T-Shirt from the FINAL 4 NCAA Basketball Championship in Atlanta. (PM me with your shirt size and address.)

Ryan or who ever he designates will decide the winner.... So I have no participation in choosing of the winner.

Here is the essay contest.

In 200 words or less. (200 or less is a must... go 201 words and you lose.)

In your own words, discribe the first time you cried after a Packer loss. How old were you? Where were you? What game was it? Who were you with? AND WHY DID YOU CRY!

If you have never cried... Your not invited.

Contest Runs from the time of this post until March 30th 8:pM 2007.

NOTE I CHANGED THE DATE OF THE END OF CONTEST. Becuase I have to get the T.Shirt on Saturdy.

R.P.

flapackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Do we just post it here or send it to you??? Also, i have never cried but i wanted to cry so many times it hurt really bad and i was very sad. Im just not a cryer. Can i be included anyway please :) ?

OP
OP
R

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Vike... Tears of Joy Count! Though I doubt you will win.

fla... Did you at least well and get the old build up of tears? That counts.
I am just looking for a good story. In return you will get a good T-Shirt.

YES Just post it here.... IN PACKER FORUM as this is where most people log on.

NOTE: Perhaps Ryan or the Mods will lock this thread. I did not ask for permission to run this contest... But I just need a good read, and since I am going to be at the Final Four on April 2nd, I thought I might pick up a T-Shirt for the winner.

R.P.

Since69

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm 41 years old. I've been a Packers fan since I was 4 (in 1969, hence the nickname). I’ve followed the Packers faithfully ever since, but I've only cried once. It wasn't the loss to the Broncos in Super Bowl 32. It wasn't during the emotional Monday Night game right after Irv died, although both of those games brought me very close to tears.

My only tears came immediately following the last game I watched - when we spanked the Bears on New Year's Eve. I nearly puddled up at halftime, knowing - fearing - that this might be the last time I ever saw Brett play; thinking that there couldn't be a more fitting end to his great career than pummeling the Bears one last time.

But the real tears came after the game. While Brett was being interviewed by Andrea Kremer, when she finally voiced the question every one of us was thinking, “Is this the end for Brett Favre?” Watching Brett wrestle with it. Seeing the emotions play across his face as he struggled to control his voice. Saying how hard it would be to say goodbye. That’s when I cried my first and only Packer tears.

flapackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm 41 years old. I've been a Packers fan since I was 4 (in 1969, hence the nickname). I’ve followed the Packers faithfully ever since, but I've only cried once. It wasn't the loss to the Broncos in Super Bowl 32. It wasn't during the emotional Monday Night game right after Irv died, although both of those games brought me very close to tears.

My only tears came immediately following the last game I watched - when we spanked the Bears on New Year's Eve. I nearly puddled up at halftime, knowing - fearing - that this might be the last time I ever saw Brett play; thinking that there couldn't be a more fitting end to his great career than pummeling the Bears one last time.

But the real tears came after the game. While Brett was being interviewed by Andrea Kremer, when she finally voiced the question every one of us was thinking, “Is this the end for Brett Favre?” Watching Brett wrestle with it. Seeing the emotions play across his face as he struggled to control his voice. Saying how hard it would be to say goodbye. That’s when I cried my first and only Packer tears.

You know what, i forgot about the last game of this past year. I didnt start bawling like a baby but my eyes did well up for sure. It was the most emotional ive felt watching football ever watching Brett in that interview. He looked like superman in Superman 2 when he gave up and left the city when the bad guys were destroying it and hurting the civilians. He looked so sad and dejected like he tried his best and it just wasnt good enough and maybe it was time for him to leave.

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Sunday before my dad passed away, I went over to my parents house to watch the game with him. He was in a semi-conscious state at that point but each & everytime the Packers scored, he was aware of it, & would try to sit up & he'd say "Who was it...Driver or Green?" I'd tell him what the entire drive consisted of, who scored, & what the score was then he'd settle back down & relax. I kept looking at my mom - we were just amazed at his clarity. Everytime he did it, my mom & I cried our eyes out. When the game was over, I went over to my dad to give him a hug & kiss - he whispered in my ear - "I love you, Julie - one last Packer game". I cried the whole way home.

DakotaT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The day was November 4th, 2001; 11:10 AM CST, my wife had just given birth to my oldest daughter Hannah. Within the course of the next 50 minutes, I cut the umbilical cord, and the nurses had her all cleaned up and wrapped in blankets before noon.

I did not miss the opening kickoff and I held my daughter throughout the nail biter Tampa game. After we eeked out a victory 21-20, I looked at my beutiful new daughter and cried a little bit. I went over to kiss my wife but she didn't want much to do with me, to this day, she still treats me that way on Sunday afternoons - go figure.

You count the words R.P.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Sunday before my dad passed away, I went over to my parents house to watch the game with him. He was in a semi-conscious state at that point but each & everytime the Packers scored, he was aware of it, & would try to sit up & he'd say "Who was it...Driver or Green?" I'd tell him what the entire drive consisted of, who scored, & what the score was then he'd settle back down & relax. I kept looking at my mom - we were just amazed at his clarity. Everytime he did it, my mom & I cried our eyes out. When the game was over, I went over to my dad to give him a hug & kiss - he whispered in my ear - "I love you, Julie - one last Packer game". I cried the whole way home.

Well.......lucky i'm not the judge.........the contest would be over all ready.
You'd be the winner Illy!

Me.....i cried when Super Bowl 31 was coming to an end, and it was certain that the Packers had it sewn up. I and my wife were in downtown Milwaukee, watching on giant screen TV's at the Milwaukee Auditorium. We walked out into the street, where the city was going wild. (Wild by our standards......no overturning of cars or anything).

I ALSO cried the first time i saw Lambeau Field. That was in the 1970's.

I'm an emotional person though, so it's not a big deal. I always have let my feelings show, as thats how i was taught by my Dad. He never told me i would be a bigger man by trying not to show my emotions.
Now.....i might cry if you upset me........then i'll kick your (CENSORED!)
LOLOL!!! :rotflmao:

OP
OP
R

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Julie and DakotaT

Those two "Back To Back Posts" may be the foundation and cornerstone of what Packer Forum really is, and what the regulars here are all about.

I am taken back. No actually I am floored. Both posts were remarkable.

One post is about entering the world, the other is about entering heaven.

A path all people hopefully take, and it does not matter if you are football fan or not.

You both just knocked me on my ***. I was floored. Your passion and story is really remarkable.

Seriously.. I am misty right now. And proud to say I am.

Remarkable. REALLY REMARKABLE!

R.P.

trippster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Can we just end this now and give it to 4pack?

I too am very emotional. I love it when good things happen to good people.

Superbowl win? yup
New Years night? yup
everytime I see Favre running down the field to pick up Driver? yup

one of the best though was when my son was 4 or 5. We were playing the Steelers in the game that brett got a bloody lip and then pigpen droped the ball in the end zone to give us the division. Kip (my son) and I had gone to a local Packer tavern in Chicago to watch the game. Well, when brett got hurt I was looking over at the TV when I started to hear my son just sobbing deeply. When I asked him what was the matter (I thought someone had stepped on him or something) He said "Brett is hurt! Why do they have to be so mean to him??"

DakotaT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Can we just end this now and give it to 4pack?

I too am very emotional. I love it when good things happen to good people.

Superbowl win? yup
New Years night? yup
everytime I see Favre running down the field to pick up Driver? yup

one of the best though was when my son was 4 or 5. We were playing the Steelers in the game that brett got a bloody lip and then pigpen droped the ball in the end zone to give us the division. Kip (my son) and I had gone to a local Packer tavern in Chicago to watch the game. Well, when brett got hurt I was looking over at the TV when I started to hear my son just sobbing deeply. When I asked him what was the matter (I thought someone had stepped on him or something) He said "Brett is hurt! Why do they have to be so mean to him??"

I was at that game my man, with my three Steeler buddies. I cried at that one but only because I knew the drive back to Bismarck was going to be very sweet. That was a hard hitting and hard fought game.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thats easy how can it not be the 4th and 26 that would make anyone cry who was a packers fan.

I knew the game was over when they didn't send Green on 4th and 1. That killed the game, not the 4th and 26th.

As for the Bears game last year, I knew Favre would be back. Just like this year won't be his last.

As for the crying, when we lost James Lofton. He was my favorite player.

Since69

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Beautiful, Julie. What a wonderful memory. I'm so very sorry for your loss. :cry:

D

Dan115

Thanksgiving game vs the Lions in 1962. I was nine years old. The Packers were undefeated going into this game and I thought no one in the entire world could possibly beat them.

I was schocked how the Lions seemed to throw The Packers offensive line a side and just eat up Bart. I felt so very sorry for Bart. The Lions were also able to score to easy.

At half time I just knew The Packers were going to come out and play Green Bay football. That was just not the case that day. The Detroit fans were going crazy. In my mind I was saying to myself "When are the Packers going to get this going."

That day the Lions could have beaten any team.

As the fourth quater started I was very worried and did not eat much at the Thanksgiving feast.

Even to a nine year old I could feel this game slipping away from the Packers. This is when I first came to realize that The Green Bay Packers were humane. Before this game I thought they wetre GODS!!!

I cried hard that day. It was an eye opener for me. Life is not fair. The Packers were NOT immortal!

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dan said:"That day the Lions could have beaten any team."

Now.......you KNOW it had to be a special occasion.
After all........how many times have we seen THAT said about the Lions??? :rotflmao:

GREAT STORY Dan!

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know this isn't going to make me eligible for this contest but that's okay...

My daughter Sydni, who is in the first grade, was crying in her room a while back and I went in to ask her what was going on...now, typically it's because her brother (who is in pre-school) fought over a toy or what game they were going to play or whatever...not this time.

Sydni was crying because she was watching t.v. and saw that her favorite Packer was going to be running the ball for the Houston Texans next season. I comforted her and said that the Packers will do everything they can to get another RB just as good or better. My favorite part of this story is what comes next...with tears streaming down her face, she says to me, "do you think you can sell my Ahman jersey and get me one of Nick Barnett?"

It was one of those "you had to be there" moments but I thought it was awesome coming from a little girl who just turned 7 years old...maybe I am doing something right in the parent category.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score

My daughter Sydni, who is in the first grade, was crying in her room a while back and I went in to ask her what was going on...now, typically it's because her brother (who is in pre-school) fought over a toy or what game they were going to play or whatever...not this time.

Sydni was crying because she was watching t.v. and saw that her favorite Packer was going to be running the ball for the Houston Texans next season. I comforted her and said that the Packers will do everything they can to get another RB just as good or better. My favorite part of this story is what comes next...with tears streaming down her face, she says to me, "do you think you can sell my Ahman jersey and get me one of Nick Barnett?"

It was one of those "you had to be there" moments but I thought it was awesome coming from a little girl who just turned 7 years old...maybe I am doing something right in the parent category.
LOLOL!!! Another GREAT story!!!
Sounds like you are bringing her up right! To be a PACKER fan!!! :thumbsup:

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score

ND - You just got nominated for Parent of the Year 2007.

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NDPackerFan said:

ND - You just got nominated for Parent of the Year 2007.

LOLOL...thanks Zombieslayer.

Members online

Latest posts