Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tebow was PUBLIC ENEMY NUMBER ONE because he is such a great winner in college and because he's such a great CHRISTIAN.
There were tons of jokes about him regarding his Christianity.
If you deny that, then you're blind.

And if you admit it, then tell me why that is allowed but nobody is allowed to joke about Jewish athletes like that or about Muslim athletes like that, or about black athletes, or gay athletes.

You see where we're headed there?

Tebow has still won more Broncos playoff games than Peyton Manning has. Just saying. That's a fact.

Hes a joke because of his play. His christian thing is actually embraced. We all liked seeing him hug kids on the sideline.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
of course I agree there is still bigotry. we'd probably disagree however on that as well. I honestly believe reverse is out of control and the main problem that's not allowing us to even deal with race issues.

...and tim tebow is a "media darling". HUH?! man we really disagree on that one. the guy is made out to be a complete joke by the mainstream media and just about everyone. please.

oooooohhhhhhh....and.....go pack!!!!!!!!!!!:)

Didnt the media just have a bidding war over him ... keep in mind he has no experience and is starting at the top...

USArmyParatrooper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No, I wouldn't rail against them. People can take up whatever cause they please. As for anyone getting "big guvamint" to dictate on interracial marriage, good luck with that. Not my problem if they want to waste their time. I'm also not going to waste my time telling them they can't fight for whatever they believe in. I do, however, have a problem with anyone who would attempt to silence them.

You see, I actually believe in FREE speech, not just "approved" speech.

While I personally have no problem with interracial marriage, that doesn't mean I'm going to lift one finger to silence those who might not... whomever that might be.

OK, let me break it down with a bit more simplicity.

Any person has the right to advocate for discrimination, and I have the right to call them bigots. I'm failing to see what you're objecting to.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Labeling opposing views as "hate speech" is yet another tactic made up by the PC crowd intended to demonize those with whom they disagree. It's a disgusting practice and should be frowned upon by any freedom-loving American.

opposing views can be hate speech, and in this case it is.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
OK, let me break it down with a bit more simplicity.

Any person has the right to advocate for discrimination, and I have the right to call them bigots. I'm failing to see what you're objecting to.
That's your accusation.
Where's the evidence of discrimination there?

And calling someone a bigot for their opinion is hateful.
Hate speech.

It works both ways.

USArmyParatrooper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's your accusation.
Where's the evidence of discrimination there?

And calling someone a bigot for their opinion is hateful.
Hate speech.

It works both ways.

I wasn't referring specifically to the OP, the conversation digressed. If they did fire him for advocating for gay rights, IMO that is completely wrong.

The definition of "hate speech" is a bit subjective and differs from person to person. But calling a bigoted person a "bigot" is just being accurate.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wasn't referring specifically to the OP, the conversation digressed. If they did fire him for advocating for gay rights, IMO that is completely wrong.
I'm not so sure about that.
People in all walks of life get fired for all kinds of opinions.
Politics don't often mix with businesses, and that can include the NFL.

There is a black guy who worked for the NTAA or one of those FAA type air things, and he had a website that advocated a race war, to wipe out whites.
They found out, and after a long time...... they fired him after mounting pressure.

He said the same thing this NC State Professor publicly said, and he was NOT fired for his hate speech. Imagine that?
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

So there is free speech, but sometimes there are consequences.

jaybadger82

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nice reminder that free speech does not mean consequence-free speech.

Seems like opinionated, outspoken athletes face many headwinds: they're more likely to alienate fans by taking controversial positions than they are to affect real change. Probably why athletes so often revert to cliches rather than speaking their mind at ease.

Entertaining thread. I haven't seen the "anti-PC crowd" this worked up in a while.

Last edited:

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hes a joke because of his play. His christian thing is actually embraced. We all liked seeing him hug kids on the sideline.
So what's wrong with his "christian thing?"

Sounds like some hate speech to me.

USArmyParatrooper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not so sure about that.
Politics don't often mix with businesses, and that can include the NFL.

There is a black guy who worked for the NTAA or one of those FAA type air things, and he had a website that advocated a race war, to wipe out whites.
They found out, and after a long time...... they fired him after mounting pressure.

He said the same thing this NC State Professor publicly said, and he was NOT fired for his hate speech. Imagine that?
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

So there is free speech, but sometimes there are consequences.

The General Manger of the Brooklyn dodgers should have been fired for speaking out against discrimination against blacks after he hired Jackie Robinson.

Politics don't often mix with businesses, and that can include MLB.

I'm not going to watch the video because it's a red herring. Calling for equality =/= calling for violence.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The General Manger of the Brooklyn dodgers should have been fired for speaking out against discrimination against blacks after he hired Jackie Robinson.

Politics don't often mix with businesses, and that can include MLB.

I'm not going to watch the video because it's a red herring. Calling for equality =/= calling for violence.

Depending on who you are, you can call for violence without consequences under the protection of "free speech" or even be embraced, while others who called for violence would be shunned or persecuted by the social media. That was the point of him posting the video, I believe. It's complete hypocrisy.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score

The definition of "hate speech" is a bit subjective and differs from person to person. But calling a bigoted person a "bigot" is just being accurate.

So was Adrian Peterson being a bigot or exercising free speech when he said he doesn't believe in gay marriage?

USArmyParatrooper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Depending on who you are, you can call for violence without consequences under the protection of "free speech" or even be embraced, while others who called for violence would be shunned or persecuted by the social media. That was the point of him posting the video, I believe. It's complete hypocrisy.

Well now we're having a different discussion. I believe all calls for violence should be shunned. What's the point in bringing that up? Did Chris Kluwe call for violence?

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well now we're having a different discussion. I believe all calls for violence should be shunned. What's the point in bringing that up? Did Chris Kluwe call for violence?
We've been on a different discussion ever since you changed it to interracial marriage for some reason.

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's too bad most Christians aren't as welcoming to others as the new pope is.
I'm not catholic, so what the pope says is of no concern to me. I simply have no interest in what he has to say.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So why do you advocate discouraging open dialogue through use of so-called "political correctness?"

I'm not catholic, so what the pope says is of no concern to me.

I don't see hate speech as open dialog. Equal rights isn't something to have "open dialog" about. It isn't about "political correctness" it's about fair treatment for everyone.

WBBC and any other religious group or religious people has the right to say what they want, as do I when I point out bigotry.

Defense92

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just can't believe there is this much attention given to a Vikings punter, or Vikings ex-punter v. the Vikings office on a Green Bay Packers thread. If anything, this belongs in the other teams section. This is the Packers thread and forum. Who cares about the Vikings business?

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't see hate speech as open dialog.

"Hate speech" is such a joke. Who determines what is and isn't so-called "hate speech?" Liberals? Psychologists? Conservatives? Union bosses? The MEDIA?

I think Bears fans are scum. Is that "hate speech?" I think Obamacare is a train wreck. Is that "hate speech" since Obama happens to be half black? Is mentioning that Obama is half black "hate speech?"

How about when scum bags like Martin Bashir advocate ******** in Sarah Palin's mouth? Is that not "hate speech?" Is me calling Martin Bashir a scum bag "hate speech" too?

Let's move to something more significant. Advocating for clamping down on illegal immigration has been labeled as "hate speech." Why? Because it's easier to demonize the opposing view than it is to make a coherent argument and THAT is the true crux of the matter.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"Hate speech" is such a joke. Who determines what is and isn't so-called "hate speech?" Liberals? Psychologists? Conservatives? Union bosses? The MEDIA?

I think Bears fans are scum. Is that "hate speech?" I think Obamacare is a train wreck. Is that "hate speech" since Obama happens to be half black? Is mentioning that Obama is half black "hate speech?"

How about when scum bags like Martin Bashir advocate ******** in Sarah Palin's mouth? Is that not "hate speech?" Is me calling Martin Bashir a scum bag "hate speech" too?

Let's move to something more significant. Advocating for clamping down on illegal immigration has been labeled as "hate speech." Why? Because it's easier to demonize the opposing view than it is to make a coherent argument and THAT is the true crux of the matter.

I'm pretty concerned when someone has difficulty understanding what is and isn't hate speech.

If you are arguing about illegal immigration and what you are saying is getting labeled as hate speech, then you are probably phrasing it wrong. See congressman from Alaska this past year.

USArmyParatrooper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We've been on a different discussion ever since you changed it to interracial marriage for some reason.

There is a parallel between the equal treatment of minorities and the equal treatment of ****. There is no parallel between the issue of gay equality and inciting violence.

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm pretty concerned when someone has difficulty understanding what is and isn't hate speech.

Nice dodge. I knew you wouldn't answer.

Maybe you'll answer this one: Do you consider bashing of Christians to be "hate speech?"

If you are arguing about illegal immigration and what you are saying is getting labeled as hate speech, then you are probably phrasing it wrong. See congressman from Alaska this past year.
The fact is that in the media ANY comments against illegal immigration is labeled "hate speech", hence it is nothing more than another tool of the PC though-control machine. But you go ahead and buy into all of that. I'll continue to support liberty in this country as long as I can.

Anyway... I've more than adequately made my point. Long live Liberty.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts