For your Sunday Packer football fix.

Packerlifer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The 2015 Packers may be on their bye but that doesn't mean you have to miss a Packers game this week. Below is a complete video of a 1985 game between the Packers and Giants at Lambeau Field.

This was the second game of the second season under head coach Forrest Gregg. The Packers would be an 8-8 team that year but went into the season with high playoff hopes after finishing '84 on a 7-1 roll.

The Giants in '85 were a 10-6 playoff team and the next season would be a 14-2 Super Bowl Champion so their pieces of being one of the top teams in the league in the 1980's were in place. They had a great defense, featuring Hall of Fame lb Lawrence Taylor, and their offense was led by qb Phil Simms.

You'll see a young Bill Parcells coaching the Giants and if you watch the sideline shots carefully you will also catch a glimpse of a young Bill Belichick coordinating the New York defense.

This game was in the 4:00 Eastern/3:00 Central time slot. In the days before Sunday night football this was the marquee national game of the weekend for the network. CBS had their top NFL game duo Pat Summerall and John Madden calling the game.

So grab your popcorn and your beer and cheese and watch a full Packers game as it was broadcast 30 years ago.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
I recall one of the first seasons with bye weeks when WTMJ replayed their radio broadcast of something like the SB1 or SBII. I don't remember exactly which game but it was a game I hadn't heard at the time.

Members online

Latest posts